Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Denton "tells it like it is" in Magic's latest debacle! (blog)

I have NEVER seen a coach bring a guy who hadn't played the entire 4th quarter and expect him to hit a game winning shot with 40 seconds left. I knew it would be a huge mistake and so did anyone with a little common sense. I've given up trying to figure Napoleon out but this decision has me baffled.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I have NEVER seen a coach bring a guy who hadn't played the entire 4th quarter and expect him to hit a game winning shot with 40 seconds left. I knew it would be a huge mistake and so did anyone with a little common sense. I've given up trying to figure Napoleon out but this decision has me baffled.

Just a little April Fool's gag from Brian on us.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Just a little April Fool's gag from Brian on us.

It would have been better if he had just kicked me in the balls. It wouldnt have hurt as much in the long run.

Denton is right on the money.

Hill is such a bad coach.

Jameer is such a bad pg and go-to guy.

Turk is so inconsistent.

Darko and JJ are so under-utilized.

I hate being a Magic fan.

Nelson is a big liability for the Magic.

He should be banished to the bench.

The Magic with Ariza, Dooling and Reddick were playing inspired ball last night. While Nelson and Turkoglu were sitting on the bench and once again laughing at personal jokes. They seem to have Garrity as well involved in the laughs. Meanwhile there was Grant, Battie and CArlos sitting glued to the game with total concentration. I find that so hard to believe that Nelson is sitting laughing on the bench, the Magic are making a gallant run back, and no one from the Magic management is admonishing Nelson or Turkoglu.

I was devastated when I saw Nelson come in the 4th, knowing exactly what he would do. I in fact left when the score was tied, anticipating the outcome.

Hill needs to be fired. Nelson and Turkoglu need to be traded this offseason.

I am a Magic fan, but I unfortunately believe we will not make the playoffs this year.

Mr. Denton you correct, we the fans need more courageous sports writers telling it like it is.

Brian Hill and Jameer Nelson are actually lovers. They both grew up from Detroit and are really Pistons fans. They felt that with Orlando seeded #8 it will insure Detroit get to the second round with minimal challenge.

Fire Hill.

Trade Jameer.

Those two are really killing this team...big time.

i agree completely nelson seems to not want to pass to either jj or darko why? they rush now because they might not get another chance. however nelson makes one bone head play after another and continues to play. this coach must go now. last night was terrible and i thought it couldnt ge any worse. jacklj

Why do the Magic even bother running a pick and roll with Darko when Jameer never even looks at him? Both of the opponents switch to Jameer and Darko is wide open every time. John Stockton and Karl Malone would be ashamed.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

[You gotta wonder about the relationship between Jameer and Brian Hill. I mean to summon him off the bench "cold" and expect him to deliver is crazy. Is Brian telling Jameer to take the shots or is Jameer taking matters into his own hands and ignoring instructions like he did in the Celtics game?

Anyway, Denton is adamant about getting a "new" point guard over the summer. Looks like Jameer could be on the trading block. I know we've bandied about who we could get.

I just don't see who or how we can get another one(point guard).

Otis ain't gonna get no sleep this summer.

Jameer Nelson For andre miller??? man that would be awesome!!!

Has anyone else noticed that when someone sets a pick for jameer he almost never goes around it.... doesnt that not make sense??

The salaries wouldn't match Nathan. We would have to offer alot more to pry Miller away from the 76ers anyways.

ahhh how about throwing in a few second round draft picks?? and maybe moving hedo with him? we only have to match salary within 25% so that would mean on andres 8.1 milion salary we only need to make up to 6 million... 1.8 for jameer right? and hedo is 5 or 4 wouldnt that cover it?

I'm not very good with salary numbers but Jameer and Hedo might work financially. I dont think it would be enough for Philly. They already have a very good small forward in Iguodala.