Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Rashard Lewis #9 - GREAT Small Forward/Bad Power Forward

The one thing I do not understand is why we are playing Rashard out of position. He is not a Power Forward. I think we will be better off playing Augustine as a starter and bringing Hedo off the bench or playing the 2 guard. Lets not forget WE ARE MISSING OUR STARTING POWER FORWARD and this is causing problems. Lets either get a legit forward in there or just accept the fact that we are going to run into problems regarding size, rebounding, and Rashard production.

The one thing I do not understand is why we are playing Rashard out of position. He is not a Power Forward. I think we will be better off playing Augustine as a starter and bringing Hedo off the bench or playing the 2 guard. Lets not forget WE ARE MISSING OUR STARTING POWER FORWARD and this is causing problems. Lets either get a legit forward in there or just accept the fact that we are going to run into problems regarding size, rebounding, and Rashard production.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan....BOOYAAKASHAA:

Wow, this post is really late!

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan....BOOYAAKASHAA:

Are you serious??? I had no idea. Oh and no to Augustine. Get Haslem instead

Don't act like its that obvious because there has been numerous threads defending Lewis. Plain in simple he has played below average at the power forward spot. So keep your corny sarcastic comments to yourself and post some intelligent input. You guys just sit around this blog all day and comment negatively on everything everyone says. If it is that obvious then why does the coaching staff continue to complain about lack of D and rebounding yet they are playing a soft, offensive minded small forward at a position that is supposed to be known for hard nose D and presense in the paint?

quote:
Originally posted by Hoezzz33:

Don't act like its that obvious because there has been numerous threads defending Lewis. Plain in simple he has played below average at the power forward spot. So keep your corny sarcastic comments to yourself and post some intelligent input. You guys just sit around this blog all day and comment negatively on everything everyone says. If it is that obvious then why does the coaching staff continue to complain about lack of D and rebounding yet they are playing a soft, offensive minded small forward at a position that is supposed to be known for hard nose D and presense in the paint?

ummm...do you need a hug? I'm not bashing Lewis in the least bit! I like him, just not as a power forward. His natural position is small forward, and he has played that his whole career, so to be shoved into the power forward isn't natural for him and that's why his production has gone down. It's expected.

I'm not going to insult you like you did to me because I am a better person than that, but I will say to come with facts, not just unecissary comments about the way I post.

It is that obvious that we need another big in our lineup. Why do you think it is rumored that we are trying to shop Redick for a Chris Wilcox or a Udonis Haslem? MORE DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING! that looks pretty obvious to me!

quote:

OMG you can't be serious...Lewis playing poorly at PF, hmmmmm what part of him being a SF do you not understand? You think a good WR could become a good LB?

Please someone take this kids mouse and keyboard away...

Shard can present a great matchup in our favor IF he's worked into the offense. What happens far to often is he does not get the ball and as a result that PF is not having to guard him at all. The matchup works against us when he's uninvolved, Stan has to make it a point everynight to get Shard going early because he seems to rebound and defend better when he's touching the ball alot.

Hedos job should be to facilitate in the first half and if others struggle then he can look for his shot. If Hedo did that he'd still score his 20 points but would get 6/7/8 APG and we'd be getting Shards 20 too IMO..

quote:

Don't act like its that obvious because there has been numerous threads defending Lewis. Plain in simple he has played below average at the power forward spot.

Rashard is about average for a starting PF, a little above average really.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

Shard can present a great matchup in our favor IF he's worked into the offense. What happens far to often is he does not get the ball and as a result that PF is not having to guard him at all. The matchup works against us when he's uninvolved, Stan has to make it a point everynight to get Shard going early because he seems to rebound and defend better when he's touching the ball alot.

Hedos job should be to facilitate in the first half and if others struggle then he can look for his shot. If Hedo did that he'd still score his 20 points but would get 6/7/8 APG and we'd be getting Shards 20 too IMO..

Solid assessment. If Turk facilitates, it helps EVERYONE! It allows Nelson to score, but also be the distributor of a second pass inside. It allows Howard to establish the post. And it allows Lewis to spot up if he is on the opposite wing from Turk, but he can also drive if he is on the opposite side of the lane from Howard. Lewis did that in the third quarter last night and it was a beautiful thing.

Did everyone notice the effort that Rashard was putting in on D last night while trying to guard Carmelo? You can tell he wants to be back at the 3 badly. We need to figure out a way to get this fixed up and soon.

Oh and I almost forgot, BOOYAAKASHAA. That is all.