Sign in to follow this  
Franchise408

Denton: Now Retired, Hill Didn't Deserve Criticism While With Magic

I wouldn't say the Pacers are wasting their current assets.

In terms of cash and player youth, they're definitely wasting they're assets. I consider money an asset and age an asset because these players can only play for so many years. When the most important player is continually injured or out of the season for more than one or two years, you must consider trading him. Especially when you have pieces to win right now.

I'm not saying the Pacers or Bulls should trade them now but only if the trend continues on and on when it comes to lengthy serious injuries of hopeless seasons.

I don't think it's personal between either parties. Grant Hill didn't appreciate Orlando just the same as Orlando never appreciated Grant Hill and why should they have? That just didn't workout 360 degrees around or sideways. Even before the injury, having Grant Hill was the result of a half finished project to sign a megastar duo or trio anyway that never materialized to have a chance to work. Had that plan had worked out and Tim Duncan had signed at the same time with whatever other quality complimentary player for example, Orlando could potentially have won a championship by now (although Orlando probably wouldn't have drafted DH, but who knows maybe that would've been a good thing).

A Duncan/McGrady duo could have been amazing, although we still would have had to deal with Grant Hill's $93M ankle and it's salary cap implications

I think it's funny that this fanbase bashes, boos, and ridicules Grant Hill who suffered from issues out of his control, and did everything in his power to get back on the court but simply had the worst luck ever seen in the NBA, all because he didn't re-sign with us for a vet minimum and this fanbase feels "owed" something, but idolizes Tracy McGrady who whined and cried his way off the team, bashed the organization every step of the way, admitted to quitting on the team and not putting forth effort, and then played the victim card when the organization catered to his wishes and traded him to the team that he wanted to play for.

One of these players earned my respect. The other one lost it.

• Upvote 1

I think it's funny that this fanbase bashes, boos, and ridicules Grant Hill who suffered from issues out of his control, and did everything in his power to get back on the court but simply had the worst luck ever seen in the NBA, all because he didn't re-sign with us for a vet minimum and this fanbase feels "owed" something, but idolizes Tracy McGrady who whined and cried his way off the team, bashed the organization every step of the way, admitted to quitting on the team and not putting forth effort, and then played the victim card when the organization catered to his wishes and traded him to the team that he wanted to play for.

Can't speak for anyone else but I don't like either. Throw Shaq and Dwight in there too... HOLY CRAP I'M A HATER!

.................................Who idiolizes Tracy McGrady..............................

I'm sorry..but that deserves a lol wut.

What's funny? I don't recall caring about Grant Hill since about his fourth wasted season with us. Aside from a co-ROY, a few All-Star games, and handcuffing an entire franchise for 6 years he accomplished next to nothing. 18 years...good job using the NBA Grant Hill, congrats

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Grant Hill totally used the Magic. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

*deep breath*

...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*throws poop*

And I'll back this up by saying that Grant Hill, while under a HUGE contract, could have given the Magic a break and gone on IR, MAYBE giving us a shot at signing someone to replace the GAPING HOLE he left in the lineup, he chose not to, claiming he was "just about ready to come back."

Then would come back, hurt himself again, and be out for the rest of the season (but still not go on IR). And then? When he could have paid us back by re-signing when we needed veteran leadership? After giving him a gigantic paycheck while he rode the bench in a suit? He bolted.

Screw Grant Hill.

Boos totally deserved.

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

Magic fans have every right in the world to BOOO him whenever and however they chose. If I saw Grant Hill in public to this day I would 100% say you really F***** the magic (if you knew me, you would know I'm serious).

That guy did not give us one break. Not one. Well, unless your counting the breaks in his bones. And like it was pointed out, when he could have repayed us and signed, he bolted to go "have a shot at a title", well, look how that turned out buddy. Good riddance.

I'm so over all the love for Hill and how everybody just says he's the best person in the world and blah blah blah, whatever. If he effed one fan base over it was us and I will never like or respect the guy for it. And i'm glad to see some fellow magic fans actually have backbones on this subject.

What's funny? I don't recall caring about Grant Hill since about his fourth wasted season with us. Aside from a co-ROY, a few All-Star games, and handcuffing an entire franchise for 6 years he accomplished next to nothing. 18 years...good job using the NBA Grant Hill, congrats

HAHA so true. Look at the dudes numbers. Literally just did nothing the last 12 years of his career. Good riddance.

HAHA so true. Look at the dudes numbers. Literally just did nothing the last 12 years of his career. Good riddance.

His numbers aren't horrible, but they just didn't have any real impact after his injury. Grant Hill was pretty good at getting his (when healthy) but, whether due to injury or not, his game and statistics always seemed a bit hollow

In terms of cash and player youth, they're definitely wasting they're assets. I consider money an asset and age an asset because these players can only play for so many years. When the most important player is continually injured or out of the season for more than one or two years, you must consider trading him. Especially when you have pieces to win right now.

I'm not saying the Pacers or Bulls should trade them now but only if the trend continues on and on when it comes to lengthy serious injuries of hopeless seasons.

I just find it difficult to say that anything from the Pacers is being wasted after they had a pretty good shot at dethroning the Heat in the conference finals. If they are getting bounced in the first round because of Granger's injury, sure, I could agree and say they are wasting assets.

I'm about to erase this thread simply because the pain and utter helplessness around Hill's time here was so devastating to the franchise. Not his fault but still awful.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Stop posting, Grant: no one's buying it.