quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Stan Van Gundy is the man!

Jameer Nelson is the Franchise!

and that team would be unwatchable

oh wait.. that IS our team

quote:

I know, let him lose a playoff series first

Yeah let's go to the playoffs to establish a new NBA record for most playoff sweeps. That sounds like you already expect them to lose, and in all fairness it's probably what will happen given the way this coach is coaching the magic.

I also agree that for being the official magic forum has gotten really bad lately with so many cheering for mediocrity.. but it's always been

quote:
The point is who would you rather see go.

Stan the Fat Man

or

Dwight Howard

Coming from a "knowledgeable" fan base who booed penny at a recent game for the first time in his career.. they'd probably keep the coach

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, the jury is still out on SVG. He did a really ballsy thing sitting Dwight. If he got his attention, then no harm done. If he alienates Dwight, then it could be a disaster. Dwight was getting too big of his britches. He was more worried about winning a stupid dunk competition than doing his job. And SVG recognized that. Good for SVG! SVG shouldn't be fired for not playing JJ, but further developing JJ and Augustine should be high on his list of things to do. Jameer needs to be taken down a peg or two as well. His shoot first, pass later attitude and also his "I only play with Dwight" attitude has got to change. Obviously sitting Jameer and bringing him off the bench didn't bring an attitude change. It's more of the same from him. Fire SVG in his first season, not a chance and shouldn't even be considered. It's a no brainer. May be next year if he can't get this team to play ball his way.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

!!!DESTROY...DESTROY...DESTROY !!! This Thread.

Just post a blog like you always do right after a post you don't like

Hey, for those who are lining up like kids at school lunch time just to say how the thread is bad (read too deep for you), not too positive, why you don't post anymore ect. .. then why do you keep looking at it?

1-You dont post anymore? Great!

2-If the thread doesn't deserve a reply why are you posting just to say that? You're making the thread better by bothering to reply. That defeats the purpose don't you think

3-if it's too "negative" meaning (realistic) say something funny

PS: Gotta Love Matias' dUmbY avatar. Makes me wanna dosomething creative but looking it... it looks pretty dumby already!

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 05:18 AM Hide Post

quote:

Sounds like a good idea...

And if you don't like my posts...

Like you said ...

Don't read them.

quote:

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 05:18 AM Hide Post

quote:

Sounds like a good idea...

And if you don't like my posts...

Like you said ...

Don't read them.

You're right, I don't

I was at the game vs cleveland the other night with a buddy of mine who's more of heat fan. Anyway, what I found interesting was that when SVG got a technical, there was a lot of cheering heard. My friend was like do the people in Orlando not like SVG much? I was confused by it also...either there were A LOT of cleveland fans there that night, or maybe a lot of the fans aren't exactly thrilled with Stan. Did anyone else who was at the game notice this as well and can comment on it? Usually you hear boos when your coach gets a tech right?

quote:
If Dwight gets pissed off and wants out of orlando what then???? THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOTHING WITHOUT HIM.

This is precisely why VanGundy played the role of coach, albeit largely unpopular among people who don't understand, and benched him. He is trying to help Dwight. That is what good coaches do. They make players better.

quote:
I am in no way saying he should get his own way with everything he wants, if hes sitting there telling van gundy he is the worst coach in the league and bad mouthing him personally then ok bench him. If he is complaining he is not getting the ball on the offensive end when he knows he could help our team and benching him for that is absolutely ridiculous.

Remember that VanGundy has been coaching for far longer than Dwight has been playing. VanGundy made the decision he thought would payoff in the long run. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win a war.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

I was at the game vs cleveland the other night with a buddy of mine who's more of heat fan. Anyway, what I found interesting was that when SVG got a technical, there was a lot of cheering heard. My friend was like do the people in Orlando not like SVG much? I was confused by it also...either there were A LOT of cleveland fans there that night, or maybe a lot of the fans aren't exactly thrilled with Stan. Did anyone else who was at the game notice this as well and can comment on it? Usually you hear boos when your coach gets a tech right?

Depends on why he is getting the tech. If he's getting it because the refs are morons and he is standing up for his players then he may get cheered for it.