Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The "Bench Jameer" Thread.

quote:
Originally posted by PREFOT:

I really think your love for jameer has shot you out of reality. Not only he is inconsistent an turnover prone. Everytime we are behind in a game and the bench brings us back it's always up to jameer to f... everything up again. Not only is Carlos going to be on this team next year, he is going to be our starter. If we keep jameer as our starting PG next year, we will be in the same situation we are now, an average team.

quote:
Originally posted by ironman:

Leave Carlos on the bench and trade him as soon as posible to a team that might have a need for a PG. AS far as Jammer goes, He is your STARTING POINT GUARD and Guess What? He will continue being your STARTING PG at least for one more year. GO JAMEER!!!

I was just being sarcastic dude. Let me tell you something and let it be very clear... This team has only one true point guard and his name is CARLOS ARROYO. We can argue all night long about his pros and cons as player, but he is the Real and only PG on this team. JN is a very undersized SG, KD is good defensive SG and that's it. Now as far as him not playing, leave him on the bench earning his 4 mil. He has done enough already and it hasn't been apreciated by his coach. This team is imploding. Hopefully he'll get trade next season and we will continue blasting this underachieving frachise. Love you all.

Guess what, since Jameer is not having a good time at PG position, Brian Hill rewards him with a lot of minutes at the SG position and bench JJ during the second half of tonight game. That is incredible.

Ok lets review Jameer Nelson last 4 game stats:

30 points

12 of 42 fg

0 of 11 3pts

17 assist

12 TO

1 steal

And all of this while averaging 32 mins. Great job man!!!! Brian Hill you are an idiot for leaving this guy in the game in the middle of a playoff hunt. Did i mentioned he also had the last shot on 2 of those 4 games with how can i say....less that desirable results!!!!!!! But NO lets talk about the "intangibles" that does not show up in the stats. Intangibles my A*S!!!

I have the game on TiVO (TiVO= The best invention since men found fire!) and after watching the second and third quarter 3 times (I couldn't sleep) I noticed that Dwight, when Carlos Arroyo came into game, changed his game attitude drastically. He turned soft on his defense. Remember the stupid play were Calderon got a very high pick from Bosh? Well, Dwight was doing NOTHING to help allowing Calderon to penetrate all the way to the basket without being disturbed. This happened 3 times in a row, to what Coach Hill had to call a time out. Well, after the time out Dwight did the same and let him penetrate again all the way. I was in awe. What is going on? Now, shortly after Arroyo was benched and guess what... Next time they tried the same play Dwight left his man and help out on the defense stopping Calderon from penetrating. Big change in his whole attitude. I don't know if he was doing it purposely or if he just decided to wake up there but it certainly looked very fishy. I think this kid has gotten too much attention and he needs to be shaken a little bit. He needs to understand that no matter who his point guard is he needs to give 110% all the time. As a professional it's his responsibility. He's being paid for 110%, never less.

So you are suggesting that Dwight is intentionally not giving a full effort to make Carlos look bad? I've heard some hair brained conspiracy theories from Arroyo fans but thats at the top of the list.

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

Ok lets review Jameer Nelson last 4 game stats:

30 points

12 of 42 fg

0 of 11 3pts

17 assist

12 TO

1 steal

And all of this while averaging 32 mins. Great job man!!!! Brian Hill you are an idiot for leaving this guy in the game in the middle of a playoff hunt. Did i mentioned he also had the last shot on 2 of those 4 games with how can i say....less that desirable results!!!!!!! But NO lets talk about the "intangibles" that does not show up in the stats. Intangibles my A*S!!!

those numbers are disgusting...

but if you all remember...there was a time, and a place, when we all LOVED jameer...and we called him The Closer because he Closes games...whats happened???

but i can tell you this, we all know that the Magic reallly want that new arena, i think jameer should keep crankin up those shots, and we'll have enough bricks by the end of the year to start construction...

The point here is not about playing Arroyo over Nelson. They can put Pat on the PG and if he plays well then fine. The problem with Hill, and I have to mention Arroyo because he is the back-up, is that he does not know when to bench a player that is not playing well. When you are in the position where you might be or not on the playoff, you can not take the chance of leaving a player that is not performing good. YOu have to sit Nelson and any other player that is not playing up to playoff standards. If you do not want to play Arroyo, fine, put him on the DL and bring Travis, but I think that if Arroyo is playing well the minutes that you are giving him and played well in the past against a team that you are playing or about to play, then play him. If does not perform bench him, but if he plays well, do not sit him after he puts the team to win and bring Nelson to or anybody to blow the lead.

I say fire his _ss!!!! and you know what BHill, thanks for nothing!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by naldo:

The point here is not about playing Arroyo over Nelson. They can put Pat on the PG and if he plays well then fine. The problem with Hill, and I have to mention Arroyo because he is the back-up, is that he does not know when to bench a player that is not playing well. When you are in the position where you might be or not on the playoff, you can not take the chance of leaving a player that is not performing good. YOu have to sit Nelson and any other player that is not playing up to playoff standards. If you do not want to play Arroyo, fine, put him on the DL and bring Travis, but I think that if Arroyo is playing well the minutes that you are giving him and played well in the past against a team that you are playing or about to play, then play him. If does not perform bench him, but if he plays well, do not sit him after he puts the team to win and bring Nelson to or anybody to blow the lead.

I say fire his _ss!!!! and you know what BHill, thanks for nothing!!!!!

You are correct that this isnt about Arroyo, Its about Nelsons shortcomings. And as we have seen, Clone-royo is almost the exact same player - but even less consistant.

Just one quick point - Arroyo is not the Back-up PG, hes the third stringer - and im all with you on putting him on the DL and getting Travis in there, atleast he brings another piece of the puzzle to the table, can hit a shot, is a pass first guy, and has confidense in his game, Something Nelson and Arroyo have ZERO of. (scared to shoot even if they are wide open)

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

I have the game on TiVO (TiVO= The best invention since men found fire!) and after watching the second and third quarter 3 times (I couldn't sleep) I noticed that Dwight, when Carlos Arroyo came into game, changed his game attitude drastically. He turned soft on his defense. Remember the stupid play were Calderon got a very high pick from Bosh? Well, Dwight was doing NOTHING to help allowing Calderon to penetrate all the way to the basket without being disturbed. This happened 3 times in a row, to what Coach Hill had to call a time out. Well, after the time out Dwight did the same and let him penetrate again all the way. I was in awe. What is going on? Now, shortly after Arroyo was benched and guess what... Next time they tried the same play Dwight left his man and help out on the defense stopping Calderon from penetrating. Big change in his whole attitude. I don't know if he was doing it purposely or if he just decided to wake up there but it certainly looked very fishy. I think this kid has gotten too much attention and he needs to be shaken a little bit. He needs to understand that no matter who his point guard is he needs to give 110% all the time. As a professional it's his responsibility. He's being paid for 110%, never less.

Oso, let me start by saying this is not an attack on you but how is Dwight supposed to help stop dribble penetration at the top of the key when his man is on the low block? Calderon was getting past the perimeter D (which has been bad for a while now) and hitting shooters on the perimeter and when Dwight was coming up on him he was hitting people in the mid range. If our big guys don't stay at home with their guy, then we will just get beat in a different way. Bottom line is our perimeter guys need to do a better job of keeping people out of the lane.

Calderon was smoking everyone last night except Keyon and he was giving him problems with his D when Keyon was on offense. It wasn't just Carlos that was getting beat, shoot Calderon looked so good I thought he should be playing over Ford. Not to go off topic but I haven't seen too much of Calderon but the games I have seen, I would say we should go after him.