Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The "Bench Jameer" Thread.

Jameer will be benched when the coach is benched. Honestly I have never seen a greater example of Bhill's incompetence. Losing the same way over and over again and playing a non all star like he is Wade or Kobe.

Nelson is a liability..

Nelson is a liability...

Nelson is a liability....

He must have pictures on Brian Hill..

last nite my son and I were at the game and I agree when the first quarter foul occurred and Nelson was called, he belly ached and had the call reversed and put Dwight in foul trouble. Since Jameer plays no defense, he should have taken the foul and allowed Dwight to stay longer in the game.

As well I was happy to see Nelson on the bench in the 4th quarter as the Magic came back, but could not believe that Hill put Nelson in with 1 min and 27 secs to go. When the T'wolves tied the game, my son and I left, knowing full well that Nelson would take the last shot/s sure enough he did. Last nite I really wished I had not renewed my season tickets.

Did anyone else notice last night in the 2nd half once Turk was benched, he never got off the bench for time outs. Oh but I did see him laughing several times along with Jameer Nelson as they sat on the bench and their Magic comrades gallantly came back. Must be nice to be so rich that you can continuously have bad games, laugh and BHill still starts you.

Only the fans and a few of the Magic players seem to truly be anguished at last nites performance from Nelson...

Nelson must go!!!!!

I really think your love for jameer has shot you out of reality. Not only he is inconsistent an turnover prone. Everytime we are behind in a game and the bench brings us back it's always up to jameer to f... everything up again. Not only is Carlos going to be on this team next year, he is going to be our starter. If we keep jameer as our starting PG next year, we will be in the same situation we are now, an average team.

quote:
Originally posted by ironman:

Leave Carlos on the bench and trade him as soon as posible to a team that might have a need for a PG. AS far as Jammer goes, He is your STARTING POINT GUARD and Guess What? He will continue being your STARTING PG at least for one more year. GO JAMEER!!!

quote:
Originally posted by PREFOT:

I really think your love for jameer has shot you out of reality. Not only he is inconsistent an turnover prone. Everytime we are behind in a game and the bench brings us back it's always up to jameer to f... everything up again. Not only is Carlos going to be on this team next year, he is going to be our starter. If we keep jameer as our starting PG next year, we will be in the same situation we are now, an average team.

quote:
Originally posted by ironman:

Leave Carlos on the bench and trade him as soon as posible to a team that might have a need for a PG. AS far as Jammer goes, He is your STARTING POINT GUARD and Guess What? He will continue being your STARTING PG at least for one more year. GO JAMEER!!!

There is no difference between Jameer and Arroyo. They both dominate the ball and make the same careless passes. Between the two of them it really doesn't make a difference who starts.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jameer get benched because he does deserve a wake up call. He needs to know that he is as expendable as anyone else on the Magic.

Prefot, if you think Arroyo is starting and Jameer is getting traded then your love for Arroyo has shot you out of reality.

Remember how much fun we had burning Jameer in March with the thread "Is Jameer a team cancer?"? Here we are still crying out for the inmediate dismissal of Jameer from his duties and nothing has being done. Actually, all this started back at the end of January where the signs of inconsistency from Jameer were obvious, specially with his Assist/Turn overs ratio. Just for kicks I went back to all the games played in February and look at the A/TO ratio between Jameer and Arroyo. What I found made me raise my eyebrow. Then I went to March. Well, I decided to run some numbers and see what came up. Remember these are the numbers of the last two months. Jameer's: He makes 1 assist every 7.70 minutes, 1 turn over every 11.55 minutes. His ratio was 1.5 assists/turn overs (VERY BAD). Carlos': He makes 1 assist every 7.13 minutes, 1 turn over every 19.25 minutes. His ratio 2.7 assist/turn over (very Good). And Coach Hill sat Arroyo what for? Diener and Arroyo should be on the side lines of the games picketing! LOL!

You guys need to stop blaming certian individuals and look at the big picture. It's not Jameer's fault, it's not Dwight's fault, IT'S BRIAN HILL'S FAULT...

Brian Hill is the one who comes up with the terrible gameplans, he's the one with no offesnive strategy, he's the one who can't manage his roster right, and he's the one who can't motivate his young players.

When we have point guards who have to slow down and not run because they have to look over to the bench for the playcall, that's not their fualt, it's the fault of a psycho coach who wants to mircromanage everything.

How about the fact that he's completely ruining the dvelopment of Dwight and Darko. He wants Dwight to be the next Shaq, and he wants Darko to Ben Wallace. Dwight should be expanding his game, but Brian Hill rather see him lower his shoulder and pound the ball in the low post. There's a reason why Dwight has so many turnovers, we don't spread the court and we Hill doesn't surround Dwight with shooters. Also, whatever happened to Darko being the compliment player to Dwight? You know someone with an inside-out game who can pass the ball well, and score all over the floor...NO, Hill rather turn him into an exclusive low post player that plays good defense and that's it.

At some point you guys have to realize that things will NEVER get better until Hill is fired. It doesn't matter if Carlos is starting, or if Dooling is starting, it's still the same terrible offensive scheme, and the same terrible substitution patterns, and the same retarded outbursts in front of young players that's the problem.

Go ahead and bring in Vince, bring in another point guard. Sure we might get in the playoffs, but that's about it. Because when coaching comes into play in the postseason, do think Brian Hill is the guy that's going to lead us through? I know I sure as hell don't. Brian Hill is single handedly destroying this basketball team like he did a decade ago.

Get rid of Hill, and things will change, keep him and we'll see more of the same. I'm sorry if there's grmatical errors, I don't feeling like going back over this and correcting things....

Jameer needs to be benched, but how ? its easy, whom of you got Flu right now and go to games frecuently ? Hehehehe...I do remember the way Carlos played last time Jameer got flu like symtom.

I dont think Jameer needs to go to the bench, he is the starting point guard and that should stay that way. This season the magic had their best start since I dont know when and they did it with a very succesful rotation that for one reason or another the went off. However, they have not gone to that rotation in some time now, in fact Arroyo is not even part of the rotation. I think that the most inteligent thing is to go back and do what was so succesful at the beginin. If you already know you can do something one way because you have already done it, why do other things that are not working and never had? Anyway they are not winning so is better to waste some wins trying to get back the succesful way than wasting wins getting nowere

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

You guys need to stop blaming certian individuals and look at the big picture. It's not Jameer's fault, it's not Dwight's fault, IT'S BRIAN HILL'S FAULT...

Brian Hill is the one who comes up with the terrible gameplans, he's the one with no offesnive strategy, he's the one who can't manage his roster right, and he's the one who can't motivate his young players.

kberto, your post starts soliciting to look at the "big picture instead to individuals", but then you give as the answer to all problems is Brian Hill; an individual. That kinda makes no sense, right? I'm sure you'll agree, but I understand your point.

Now, I agree with you that not only Jameer's horrenduos game is the reason why we are were we are, but our coach's love for Jameer is affecting us as well. He's the one that is making the decission to keep him in the game while the other team uses him to beat us. He's not the only one having a bad time playing but he's the one responsible for our last loses. Now, add to the equation Brian Hill and there you have the Big Picture! I totally agree with your statement.

I meant to type certain players instead of certain individuals. I didn't read over it after I posted, that's why I made the gramatical comment at the end.

Jameer has been awful in stretches this year, but with the way this offense is structured, it's impossible to be consistent. The only thing consistent about this team is Brian Hill's inconsistency.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I meant to type certain players instead of certain individuals. I didn't read over it after I posted, that's why I made the gramatical comment at the end.

Jameer has been awful in stretches this year, but with the way this offense is structured, it's impossible to be consistent. The only thing consistent about this team is Brian Hill's inconsistency.

And I agree with you my friend!

quote:

Agree, but this applies to every player's offensive performance on the team. The decision to start one player over another should be based on his playing under similar situations. No excuses here for his underperformance as PG.