Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Trade Deadline Thread

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

i did this one kinda quick, but its still beastly!

Haslem.png

if he gets here, i will have to add him to my real men sig!

Might as well add him now.

It funny I was thinking about all these trade talks that are filling up the boards and what would happening after the 21 first. If we do a trade and that has CA in it after the 21st more than half of the threads will be gone. I will miss or the CA Vs Meer or lest trade this guy or that guy.....

What will come after the 21st?

quote:
Originally posted by corporalrod:

It funny I was thinking about all these trade talks that are filling up the boards and what would happening after the 21 first. If we do a trade and that has CA in it after the 21st more than half of the threads will be gone. I will miss or the CA Vs Meer or lest trade this guy or that guy.....

What will come after the 21st?

Actually....I think the posting will increase because of the feedback over who stayed and who shouldl've never left!!!! Either way it will be interesting!!

I'd be thrilled with Haslem. He's a good rebounder and a better than average defender at the PF position (not great, but better than average and certainly better than having Rashard Lewis trying to guard guys that outweigh him).

I would not want to trade Hedo for Haslem, at least not straight up. I'm sure Pat Riley would play poker with us BIG TIME, just like he did when he sucked two 2nd rounders out of us to get SVG as coach.

If we can get Haslem for some combination of the Garrity and Arroyo expiring contracts and/or JJ Redick, I say go for it. If Riley holds us up again, I say look at other trade possibilities like Nick Collison, David Lee, Reggie Evans or whomever else out there might be available for what we have to offer and who fits the profile of a solid defender and rebounder at the PF position. Ability to score at that position is almost irrelevant for our needs. When we need scoring from the PF position, that's when Brian Cook would be in the game.

I personally would much rather have the younger more gifted Wilcox. Haslem is a nice fall back though.

Plus, I just don't see Riley as willing to give us a fair deal. They will try to rake more from Otis once he decides Haslem is his choice. And gving us Blount is only beneficial to the Heat. Haslem is only available if we fix Riley's mistake (Blount).

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!

HASLEM!