Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Cavs * Feb. 11th

Oh well, tough loss. Weve got some serious things that need to be addressed down the stretch. Hope we can turn it around against the Nuggets. Good night all

You know, I dont like to get into these pg debates but the fact remains we were what was it 8-2 with Arroyo in one of the hardest stretches of our schedule. And now with Nelson starting we are seeing the reaquatince of lackluster players having big games, Hughes was Nelsons man was he not.

Los was benched after one bad performance, I dont agree with that at all. Now I know he is playing well yes, but the fact remains, Los gave the team something, I dont know exactly but the team played good with him.

i can see it now...

"Florida Today's John Denton Reports that Dwight Howard has requested a trade out of Orlando. Howard was interviewed on the Jim Rome is burning television program on ESPN this afternoon. In front of a live national television audience, Howard made this statement:

'Apparently, being the best center in the NBA and having an off night is unacceptable. SVG is right. We aren't on the same page. So something needs to change. Either I go, or he goes. That way, I'm somewhere that I can be on the same page with my coach. I'm sick and tired of the crap that he's put this team through and I've had it...Otis: It's SVG or Me...take your pick...you have 48 hours...'

Well Magic fans, its gonna be a bumpy ride"

-John Denton is a beatwriter of the Magic for the Florida Today. All opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Florida Today.

Copyright 2008, all rights reserved.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

You know, I dont like to get into these pg debates but the fact remains we were what was it 8-2 with Arroyo in one of the hardest stretches of our schedule. And now with Nelson starting we are seeing the reaquatince of lackluster players having big games, Hughes was Nelsons man was he not.

Los was benched after one bad performance, I dont agree with that at all. Now I know he is playing well yes, but the fact remains, Los gave the team something, I dont know exactly but the team played good with him.

Offensive coordination? Team chemistry? Better floor movement/ Choose one...

I think it's time for rashard lewis to sit out a game or two. This dude is so **** soft. probably the softest guy on the team. We need someone with fire, oh yeah he sits at the end the bench and can't get a minute.

Voltaire:

quote:
This is what happens when you keep messing with your team chemistry.Now it will be a war of wills.Nelson took 14 shots, and Howard only saw the ball twice at the final period.It was high school offensive game, i take the ball, i shoot it. Nobody helping on the defensive end and Rashard looking from outside without taking risk.Turk is a beast but its forgetting he can't do it by himself.

Nelson thins he should be the "man".

I think that you are absolutely right! Going back to what we had is going to be difficult now? Maybe there are some Egos hurt!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

i can see it now...

"Florida Today's John Denton Reports that Dwight Howard has requested a trade out of Orlando. Howard was interviewed on the Jim Rome is burning television program on ESPN this afternoon. In front of a live national television audience, Howard made this statement:

'Apparently, being the best center in the NBA and having an off night is unacceptable. SVG is right. We aren't on the same page. So something needs to change. Either I go, or he goes. That way, I'm somewhere that I can be on the same page with my coach. I'm sick and tired of the crap that he's put this team through and I've had it...Otis: It's SVG or Me...take your pick...you have 48 hours...'

Well Magic fans, its gonna be a bumpy ride"

-John Denton is a beatwriter of the Magic for the Florida Today. All opinions expressed are solely those of the author, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Florida Today.

Copyright 2008, all rights reserved.

LMAO

Stan sometimes I think bashes the players to much, some losses are on him, he is trying to me make Dwight a btter playerb ut he has now become a glorified Big Ben. He needs to be used more efficiently on offense, a couple more tocuhes here and their maybe after the first quarter would do wonders.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

ybe the

ma team feel more comfortable with arroyo.

..and right now they're showing how Lewis "asnwered the challege by the coach" back in the Portland game. Who cares???

Van Gundy annoying his players with one of his typically dumb halftime motivational speeches and boy he sounds an old screaming lady talking.. no wonder Dwight's fed up

Carlos Arroyo had like a -12 efficiency where as Jameer had a +10.

Arroyo is not good, Jameer is better, trade Arroyo so Dooling can come off the bench and bail out jameer defensively.

Here is what our team is missing:

1- When you are in a pick-and-roll situation, you should get the ball to the rolling person at least 50% of the time. Magic does this probably <5% of the time. Usually this rolling guy is Howard, and he gets frusturated naturally. If you watch the rolls after a while, he is not even trying to roll, he just stands there after he picks. He knows that the ball is not coming.

This is coach and assistant coach's job to teach the team and make sure they execute it.

Please look at the teams that do this successfully and insistently - Utah, San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix, LA. Do you see a trend?

2-When Howard gets the ball in the post, and draws the double team, he needs to pass out to the perimeter, and receive the ball again right away. We are not executing all the way toward this.

3-When Howard has the ball, he needs to be looking more at the whole field, and needs to learn how to pass. Shaq and Duncan should be his role models on this issue.

4-When our PGs dribble the ball, they need to either pass the ball to Howard, or dribble little bit to generate a shot for a cutting-through player (Evans, etc.), or a perimeter shooter. Please watch carefully how Steve Nash operates.

Instead Jameer seemed to look for his shot >80% of the time, and Arroyo has the overdribbling tic. I don't think Arroyo is a good passer, since there were countless beautiful passing opportunities for him tonight that he didn't do any. Maybe he didn't see the opportunities (which means he doesn't have the talent), or maybe he is too selfish.

Keyon is also another version of Jameer with the selfishness, his only plus is the defense.

These guys should be pulled aside by the coaches and be taught how to pass I guess. I don't see Van Gundy mentioning this much, I hope he is giving them hard time about it.

5-Defense should not relax and rely on Howard too much. Howard can't defend perimeter players and jump shots.

6-In a corresponding manner, offense should not depend on the starters too much, we need production from bench. That is one reason why Lakers beat us on Friday, their clutch bench made the difference.

7-Overall, we need to pick up the hassle and energy. The team looked like beat-down mules in the middle of fourth quarter except Turkoglu. I admire that he is driving the ball more this year instead of settling on stupid 3-pointers.

MA