Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

PERFECT Trade That Makes Sense For Both Sides

Point 1...the Magic say they won't let go of JJ.

Point 2...Do you think Heat will trade Haslem now that they have a much faster and younger team. They basically have no post offense so I think Haslem may be a keeper.

Point 3...Otis continues to say that he won't trade anyone and what if he doesn't..lol......all these trade threads will be all for not.

Point 4...Keith Bogans? We'll lose our defensive stoppers because Keith Bogans may have been struggling on offense last night but he kept Carter from doing what he does best.

Point 5...I guess you don't hate Smush Parker that much do you?!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Why would we give our division rival $16 million in cap space, young talent, and the prospect of landing a top 3 pick -- to go along with Wade and Marion?

If you want Haslem there is really little choice...I like this trade it is a good one for both teams and accomplishes what each team wants and needs.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Point 1...the Magic say they won't let go of JJ.

Point 2...Do you think Heat will trade Haslem now that they have a much faster and younger team. They basically have no post offense so I think Haslem may be a keeper.

Point 3...Otis continues to say that he won't trade anyone and what if he doesn't..lol......all these trade threads will be all for not.

Point 4...Keith Bogans? We'll lose our defensive stoppers because Keith Bogans may have been struggling on offense last night but he kept Carter from doing what he does best.

Point 5...I guess you don't hate Smush Parker that much do you?!

I like what Faux Hawk is saying here. I think it is probably the best trade for two teams and not one of those, "Hey lets trade our expirings for Jason Kidd" type of trades. But I want to address your points since I watch a lot of Heat games on League pass.

Point #1 - The Magic said they would not let Trevor or Darko go either, so to say this franchise is always giving us fans the 100% truth is pretty far fetched.

Point #2 - I think they would most definitely trade Haslem now. I watch a ton of their games and their #1 guy they want to develop is Alexader Johnson. If you are looking at the Heat here is the lineup they want to see this season from here on out.

PG - Banks, SG - Wade, SF - Wright, PF - Marion, C - Johnson.

Point #4 - With Hedo moving to the SG position if and when we get a PF, Evans becomes the defacto SG stopper followed by Dooling. Bogans automatically becomes 3rd string and JJ 4th string.

Point #5 - The Magic would need a 3rd PG if they traded Dooling or Arroyo. With the affection SVG shows to Dooling, Carlos is the most likely one to be traded if at all. I for one like Parker's defense, his offense is too inconsistent for my taste, but as a 3rd string and defensive stopper I am cool to it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

The Heat would have to obtain a big in the trade (Augie, Gortat or Foyle). In your scenario, they will have lost Shaq, Zo, Haslem and Blount, while the only big they got in all that was Garrity, who's allergic to paint.

Can you say Johnson, Barron, Anthony & Marion for the obvious ones to fill those vacated holes you mentioned.

quote:

I'm pretty sure we can stop calling Bogans a defensive stopper at this point. We don't have a "defensive stopper" on this team outside of Dwight.

Unless defensive stopper means only allowing 25 and 5 as opposed to 50 and 10.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

No way we take on Blount's contract.

I think it comes down to how much you want Haslem. He is one of the few PF's that is a starting quality player that could be available.

Forget Blount's contract for the moment, what you have to look at is that he is 7' still very servicable, probably more so than Battie. Then you head in to the offseason with one hole and that would maybe be at the PG position.

If you move Hedo to the SG position, you can naturally assume the SG position is filled for the long term. Lewis at the SF is a no brainer and so is Haslem and Howard in the Front Court. Now all that would be left is to bring Fran over to learn from Battie, Haslem and Blount and then you can focus your entire summer on finding a Big PG through the draft or elsewhere. I think this trade shores up every hole we have and makes our offseason less stressful without taking out any major component of our team.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

No way we take on Blount's contract.

Blount last night was 15 & 10 against the Sixers as a starter.

And he played zero defense, and his team lost by 17 to Philadelphia. And he's massively overpaid.