Sign in to follow this  
Natmayo

Shaq to Phoenix for Marion and others

The Suns are worried about Duncan more than they are Bynum/Gasol. Gasol and Bynum need at least another year to gel and figure out how that whole LA team is gonna get touches.

But Amare gets torched by Duncan every year in the playoffs, and now Boozer is knocking on a similar door. The Suns felt they needed an interior presence on defense, and Shaq was the only such presence that was tradable in the eyes of another team. The only shocker, to me, is that they gave up Marion and not Amare, which I think would've been better for both teams.

And the team is still in CAP hell until Marion's contract ends after next season. Actually, now that I look at it, they, the Heat, will have only about 6-8 million in the offseason to fill 9 positions, and they won't have the MLE. Ouch.

So in that regard, Haslem might be available for cheap prospects and expirings just to get far enough under the CAP to go after decent players.

Shaquille O'Neal delivered a title to the Miami Heat , and he hopes to do the same for the Phoenix Suns .

O'Neal spoke with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire on Tuesday.

"I will not let you down," O'Neal told Nash on the phone.

According to the report in the Arizona Republic, O'Neal is down to 312 pounds and is expected to easily pass his physical

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50738/20080206/s...ll_not_let_you_down/

quote:

... The only shocker, to me, is that they gave up Marion and not Amare, which I think would've been better for both teams.

And the team is still in CAP hell until Marion's contract ends after next season. Actually, now that I look at it, they, the Heat, will have only about 6-8 million in the offseason to fill 9 positions, and they won't have the MLE. Ouch.

You really didn't mean that did you?Marion already had asked out of the team and giving amare,who has a great future ahead imo, away makes no sense at all