Sign in to follow this  
Big L

Does Hedo fully complement Howard?

I guess where I was going with this was that, while I enjoy this new look Hedo. I just don't want to see the Magic have great 8-9 min runs, at the cost of Howard not being involved what so ever. Hedo has improved and he is getting to that point where you have to stop and think does he make those around him better?

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Were Kobe or Wade complimentary to Shaq?

Is Ginobli complimentary to Duncan?

Is Paul Pierce complimentary to KG?

Yes, because they learned to co-exist. While one could be on a roll for a stretch they never diminished the other's contributions. It's hard for a big man to sprint up and down the court once he knows he won't get rewarded anyway. Just my thought.

quote:
Originally posted by Big L:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Were Kobe or Wade complimentary to Shaq?

Is Ginobli complimentary to Duncan?

Is Paul Pierce complimentary to KG?

Yes, because they learned to co-exist. While one could be on a roll for a stretch they never diminished the other's contributions. It's hard for a big man to sprint up and down the court once he knows he won't get rewarded anyway. Just my thought.

Oh and PP and KG remains to be seen.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

As for Howard, he needs to bring more to his game if he wants the ball alot. He needs to develop a jumper to go with his game. Everybody is on to his spin inside dunk or lay in move, or the hook shots. But if he added a jumper, he will be even more dominent. Like a 10ft shot. Thats closer than the FTs. He has great shooting form he just needs to build confidence. Once he does to go with the Shaq like game he has now, he will officially be the most dominating center in the game.

First of all, I want to say that I agree with SauceMoney's comments about Dwight's game.

However, this is directed to those of you who are criticizing Turk for hurting Dwight (not getting the ball to him enough).

Did you all not see all those laser-sharp passes Hedo made to Dwight for the Dunk? There was one pass where Hedo looked like a quarterback when he threw a bomb to a streaking Dwight (from one end of the court to the other) for a dunk.

Hedo is the best passer that we have.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

If you thinking about if Dwight averages about 11 touches per game and he averages about 10FT shots per game thats almost like saying he gets 16 touches per game. Turk and Lewis is only averaging 14 touches each. Howard is getting touches but hes also getting alot of fouls when hes getting his touches. But if Howard wants more touches hes gonna have to develop a jumper or something cause all hes doing is getting more and more fouls trying to go for dunks. Then hes missing alot of FTs so hes basically lowering his scoring average and should easily be a 30ppg player given the touches and FT attempts that hes given. Its all on Dwight.

So true...so true!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Big L:

That was one game, but look at his numbers in the last 10. The games where Hedo has had the geen light. His scoring avg and rebounding avg. Again I like Hedo, but I just think we need to worry about developing Dwight first. How many points/touches come in the 4th qtr for Dwight?

Because Dwight gets fouled A LOT people!!!...especially in the 4th quarter. And he misses a lot of free throws which could (and has) cost us games.

If you want his stats up, tell him to work on his free throws. When he starts making a higher percentage of his free throws, teams will be reluctant to foul him.

quote:
I guess where I was going with this was that, while I enjoy this new look Hedo. I just don't want to see the Magic have great 8-9 min runs, at the cost of Howard not being involved what so ever. Hedo has improved and he is getting to that point where you have to stop and think does he make those around him better?

You may be right about this. Turk is not a selfish guy but he isn't that leader you want to have in your team like Duncan, Garnett or Lebron.

But the main problem is there are hardly any alternatives at distributing the ball. The biggest need is a good point guard. I agree they are rare, but it is a important piece for being an elite team for the next 5-6 years.

I'm a big fan of Turks game, but don't think he can continue doing what he does next season. Even the end of the season is doubtfull if you ask me. It is just too much pressure right now. He grabs boards, delivers 15-20 points and also dishes almost 5 assists per game while distributing the ball the most of the time at the offense. Who else who isn't a guard does this on a regulary basis? Lebron, Pierce and maybe Garnett.

Little help would come in handy. I think Nelson may be the solution if he gets back hungry. He is not a good point guard in my opinion but if he can contribute 10-15 points by leading the offense for 20 minutes it would take some pressure off from Turk.

On complementing Dwight: 21 points is a good average considering the team has three main options right now. Shard-Hedo-Dwight. they deliver all above 18 points per game. Dwight is their leader.

A player can give you 25-30 points a game if there are two main scoring options in a team.

Just look at the celtics. on every other team these guys could get around 25 points a game.

Remember when Shaq had his great seasons, there was only Kobe around as the other main scoring option. Right now Melo and Iverson.

Lebron with nobody else and look at the numbers.

Also Dwight is still only 22, he will develop and be a 25 point player.

However, if he shoots his FT's with 70-80 percent and develops a jumpshot.. icon_smile.gif

I think it's because Dwight can sit back a bit when Hedo's playing well. Given our depth in the frontcourt, that's not a bad thing.

You bring up an excellent point and aside from the excellent lobs and half-court passes, Hedo isn't helping Dwights development. The other, more glaring issue, is the point guard. Jameer Nelson has shown that he has the ability to be an above average point guard and has talent (College Player of the Year) and with Hedo getting the ball at half-court, there is no development for him or Carlos Arroyo for that matter. Hedo is good, but this every possession run an iso thing is getting old. He constantly puts himself in positions where he can't score because he isn't athletic enough to drive through but I guess he is usually bailed out by a foul.

The dump-it-to-Howard offense so he gets hacked and put on the line is getting too predictable and tiresome to watch.

I'd rather have a player that reminds us of Hardaway, Hill and even TMac in their better days with him getting a lot of touches (because this player can also pass and plays like a SG) than through Howard all the time.

Much more exciting to watch IMO.

Is "BIG L" MilitaryMagic?