Sign in to follow this  
GoM@g!C$

5 reasons why we will not make it past the 1st round in the playoffs

I think there are many reasons why we will not make it past the first round in the playoffs, but I managed to come up with the top 5. Sorry guys but this is just how I feel.

1. Coach Brian Hill- do I really need to get into details???

2. We'll be playing either the Pistons or the Cavs- if w play the Pistons not only they have home court advantage but also they are a veteran team has everything they need to get it done. If we play the Cavs I have to words for you guys... Lebron James, plain and simple.

3. Home court advantage- Regardless of wo we play in the 1st round they will have home court avantage. Thus far we've had 12 road victories in 37 games. Not only that but here are the records of the other teams at home.

Detroit 22-13

Cleveland 27-10

Toronto 26-10

Miami 24-10

Chicago 28-9

Washington 26-10

4. Experience- Every other team Toronto excluded has been in the playoffs every year in the last 5 years. Us in the other hand who was the last player to play a playoff game??

answer: Carlos Arroyo- unfourtently he's out of the rotation...lol

5. Leadership- Wether we like it or not this team does not have a real leader. A real leader hold teammates accountable, a leader is reliable, a leader has the experience, a leader has the discipline. Which magic player meets all of this crieteria? The closest would be Grant Hill. Unfourtently his health is not reliable.

What do you guys think? Give me 5 reasons why we would make it past the first round.

I'll give you one.

HOPE!!!!

I think there are many reasons why we will not make it past the first round in the playoffs, but I managed to come up with the top 5. Sorry guys but this is just how I feel.

2. We'll be playing either the Pistons or the Cavs- if w play the Pistons not only they have home court advantage but also they are a veteran team has everything they need to get it done. If we play the Cavs I have to words for you guys... Lebron James, plain and simple.

3. Home court advantage- Regardless of wo we play in the 1st round they will have home court avantage. Thus far we've had 12 road victories in 37 games. Not only that but here are the records of the other teams at home.

Detroit 22-13

Cleveland 27-10

Toronto 26-10

Miami 24-10

Chicago 28-9

Washington 26-10

4. Experience- Every other team Toronto excluded has been in the playoffs every year in the last 5 years. Us in the other hand who was the last player to play a playoff game??

5. Leadership- Wether we like it or not this team does not have a real leader. A real leader hold teammates accountable, a leader is reliable, a leader has the experience, a leader has the discipline. Which magic player meets all of this crieteria? The closest would be Grant Hill. Unfourtently his health is not reliable.

What do you guys think? Give me 5 reasons why we would make it past the first round.

I'll give you one.

HOPE!!!!

Please Please Please, don't stop believeing in Magic. The playoffs haven't even started and to me everything in the future IS UNPREDICTABLE.

I agree with everything above but look how Miami won a championship?

quote:
Originally posted by GoM@g!C$:

Detroit 22-13

Cleveland 27-10

Toronto 26-10

Miami 24-10

Chicago 28-9

Washington 26-10

I'll give you one.

HOPE!!!!

I am not giving you any reasons why we'll get past the first round, although we could beat the Cavs.

But you are wrong in that all of the team except Toronto has been in the playoffs the past five years. Cleveland has not made it to the playoffs all five years. I don't think the first year Lebron played they made it to the playoffs.

Both Darko and Arroyo have played in the playoffs, although Darko not much.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Please Please Please, don't stop believeing in Magic. The playoffs haven't even started and to me everything in the future IS UNPREDICTABLE.

If we win the NBA Finals I will never again watch an NBA game!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Here's my 5...

1. I

2. BELIEVE

3. ...

4. Do

5. You

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

lol...nice come back Jack... but what do we do against Brian Hill?

5 Reasons:

1. BH non leadership

2. BH motionless offense playbook

3. BH unflexible rotation

4. BH karma (unluckier than killing a black cat under a ladder using a piece of a broken mirror)

5. playoff inexperience vs. too much experience (Pistons)

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Actually, I consider this a positive thread since it actually assumes we will make it to the first round.

Making the playoffs is the primary goal right now, making past the 1st round or not, I wouldn't care at all. This team will be better next season if we make the playoffs.