Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

True...but if we take a pg in the draft the trade is going to not be necessary. They have to consumate the terms of the deal before the magic pick.

I agree. At some point between now and tomorrow Henny will pretty much have to say here's our offer, take it or leave it....otherwise we're heading in different direction and don't bother inquiring about AA again.

That's exactly what I was thinking. With Doc being there I would imagine he would like more than two days to evaluate his roster. I don't see the Clips pulling a fast trigger on anything just yet.

If I'm the Clippers, I'd be scared if Doc Rivers is evaluating point guards. He sure as hell can coach them, but he can't evaluate them.

Exhibit A: Jerryl Sasser

Exhibit B: Reece Gaines

Exhibit C: Choosing Tyronn Lue to start and jettisoning Darryl Armstrong.

Hell, you know what? LET him look at Bledsoe! He won't know what the hell he's looking at!

• Upvote 3

If I'm the Clippers, I'd be scared if Doc Rivers is evaluating point guards. He sure as hell can coach them, but he can't evaluate them.

Exhibit A: Jerryl Sasser

Exhibit B: Reece Gaines

Exhibit C: Choosing Tyronn Lue to start and jettisoning Darryl Armstrong.

Hell, you know what? LET him look at Bledsoe! He won't know what the hell he's looking at!

HA!

Russell Westbrook's rookie numbers are comparable to Bledsoe's per 36 numbers this season, since then though Westbrook has had 4 years of development and is still only 24. Bledsoe is currently 23.

Furthermore Westbrook was, even as a rookie, a much better PG than Bledsoe. Westbrook's highest ever Turnover% in a single season was 17.6% (his rookie year) Bledsoe's lowest ever was 17.9% (this season) That means even over 4 years ago Westbrook still turned the ball over less than Bledsoe ever has while also playing a much greater role and having a much higher usage%.

Westbrook is also a supremely better scorer than Bledsoe probably ever will be and a comparable defender and athlete.

In fact the only thing that I'd take from Bledsoe rather than Westbrook is shot blocking and yet, who cares? When has a shot blocking guard (alone without other extremely great skills) ever been a valuable player?

Believe me, if we do this trade I'll be totally on board and hope he finds away to be nearly as good as Russell Westbrook but honestly and subjectively I don't see it happening and I think everybody who does is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I don't think anyone said Bledsoe had Westbrook upside.. just that they're both athletic freaks.

The Orlando Magic are in a holding pattern, mainly because everything they can do with the No. 2 pick hinges on what happens with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick.

The Magic have reportedly narrowed their shopping list down to three players – Victor Oladipo, Nerlens Noel and surprisingly Cody Zeller. The Magic will likely make their decision once they are on the clock. Orlando also seems to have the framework of a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers done that would land them Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler in exchange for guard Arron Afflalo and possibly last year’s 19th pick Andrew Nicholson. There has been talk of a protected 2015 draft pick heading to L.A. as part of the deal, however it seems the Magic may be unwilling to part with draft assets unless another contract is moved off in the deal.

Sources close to the Clippers/Magic situation say that the possible deal hinges on the Clippers agreeing to the deal more so than Orlando. The Magic have also been aggressive in shopping their other options and have entertained offers on the No. 2 overall pick as well.

Do not be surprised if Orlando takes the Minnesota Timberwolves up on swapping the No. 2 for the No. 9 and the No. 26. The Wolves are said to be very high on Victor Oladipo.

• Upvote 1

So this trade is essentially Nicholson for Bledsoe? I'm assuming we would buy out Butler (he might win us 3-5 games next year on accident, that's 1-3 draft spots potentially) and AA is just a bad contract we're trying to dump along with Hedo and Baby. When you break it down like that, I'm cool with this trade. At the same time though I'm not one of the people that is attached to AA for whatever reason, so there's that.

The Orlando Magic are in a holding pattern, mainly because everything they can do with the No. 2 pick hinges on what happens with the Cleveland Cavaliers and the No. 1 pick.

The Magic have reportedly narrowed their shopping list down to three players – Victor Oladipo, Nerlens Noel and surprisingly Cody Zeller. The Magic will likely make their decision once they are on the clock. Orlando also seems to have the framework of a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers done that would land them Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler in exchange for guard Arron Afflalo and possibly last year’s 19th pick Andrew Nicholson. There has been talk of a protected 2015 draft pick heading to L.A. as part of the deal, however it seems the Magic may be unwilling to part with draft assets unless another contract is moved off in the deal.

Sources close to the Clippers/Magic situation say that the possible deal hinges on the Clippers agreeing to the deal more so than Orlando. The Magic have also been aggressive in shopping their other options and have entertained offers on the No. 2 overall pick as well.

Do not be surprised if Orlando takes the Minnesota Timberwolves up on swapping the No. 2 for the No. 9 and the No. 26. The Wolves are said to be very high on Victor Oladipo.

I am perfectly ok with shipping Bledsoe and Butler for AA and Nicholson. I think that the upside of getting a young athletic, ready to prove he can handle a starting job, point guard with an expiring contract, PLUS getting rid of AA's contract is a really great upside to next years free agent pool. And as much as I like Noel (and believe me, this guy is legit, really tough worker, great attitude, etc), I think it would be smarter to do the trade with Minnesota for 2 draft picks, that will give the Magic a shot at 2 role players in a draft that is basically role players. I doubt there are any franchise changing players in this draft, unless there is a hidden gym that no one can see yet (Maybe Oladipo or McLemore?). I think it would be wise to keep getting role players and developing a team, a lot like the Spurs and Thunder. Then try to add a name in free agency next year.

If we decided to do that trade I wouldn't mind getting a combination of Zeller/Eric Green or McCollum/Snell

It looks like this came from another media source. If so, please provide a link, or at least state where it came from, when doing this in the future.

• Upvote 1

Hennigan just said that he hasn't talked to the Clips in 3 weeks so... yeah.

• Upvote 1