Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Heath Ledger Dead at 28

One point, this wasn't necessarily a suicide so y'all shouldn't assume that. And even if it WERE, calling it "selfish" is absurd. We don't know the circumstances that would of lead to him killing himself. Okay, he had a daughter? There had to be some crazy circumstances that we have no knowledge of (if he killed himself). The man is dead, this is saddening ****. And it is bull**** to call him selfish.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

One point, this wasn't necessarily a suicide so y'all shouldn't assume that. And even if it WERE, calling it "selfish" is absurd. We don't know the circumstances that would of lead to him killing himself. Okay, he had a daughter? There had to be some crazy circumstances that we have no knowledge of (if he killed himself). The man is dead, this is saddening ****. And it is bull**** to call him selfish.

In no way am I starting an arguement or being unsympathetic, but suicide is not the answer in any case. Not only is it a sin to those who are religious, but it leaves nothing but heart ache and problems to the family and friends involved. To not call that selfish is a bit silly.

But you are right, as of right now, it has not been ruled a suicide. And either way, it is a tragedy, just like anybody else who goes before their time.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Taking your own life as a way to escape your issues/problems is selfish, 99% of the time. If you view assisted suicide in cases of terminal illness as a last option etc. then sure, I can agree with that to a degree.

Ignoring the impact your life has on other people, be it family, friends, etc. ESPECIALLY when you have children, and thinking only of yourself and your problems is the epitome (my FAVORITE 'radio' word) of selfishness.

This is real life, not nintendo. You can't hit the reset button and start over (well, if you believe in karma and reincarnation etc. then maybe). If nothing else (and keeping in mind we dont know if he committed suicide for sure, but assume he did, or just talk about it in general) think about his daughter. Whatever issues he had, whatever difficulties he had in his life, is SHE better off with him killing himself? Is she better off now that her father has taken his own life? Did he honestly consider the impact this decision would have on her and decided that it was still the best move to make?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

^^^^^

I wish to...um....echo, Echo.

Note to self, write 3 paragraphs instead of 2 so people agree with you.

I ignored your post once I saw you mispelled argument.