Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Battie could return for play-offs - Schmitz

I've had the exact surgery Battie had. He absolutely should/could be ready by April. My guess is he is already in the weight room, believe it or not, and fully conditioning.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I've had the exact surgery Battie had. He absolutely should/could be ready by April. My guess is he is already in the weight room, believe it or not, and fully conditioning.

Funny you say that. He says that is all he has been doing. He lost a lot of weight and he is much more defined. He says he is trying to get into the best shape of his life.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Thats awesome his 6 pts and 6 rebounds a game will surely put us as THE team to beat in the playoffs. Thanks god Tony will be back. LMFAO

yeah, because you know it is totally his OFFENSE that we need.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I heard from a very reliable source last night that Tony would not only be back for the playoffs but that there was a very good chance he'd play the whole month of April which amounts to our last 8 games.

How's that for the some good news!?

Knowing the Magic, they're probably giving Battie every opportunity to fully heal and rehab before they get him back on the court... it'll be great to have a 100% healthy Battie by the playoffs.

Anyhow... I wonder what our rotation will look like in the playoffs with Battie? I imagine that SVG will cut the rotation down to 8 or 9 players, max. Does that mean Cook, Augustine, and JJ all sit on the bench? Would Arroyo go to the bench, too?

Since when did Battie become such a good player? You all seem to think his presence will be such a force. Wasn't he on this team last year when the Magic collapsed and got swept by Detroit. Was that the same Battie that Rasheed schooled in the playoffs or are we talking about someone else. "scratches head"

Detroit tends to school this whole team. This team needs 4 solid bigs. Right now we might have 2. Battie brings a solid defensive and veteran presence that we need.

Ideally, however, we find a way to get Haslem. He can defend inside and outside the paint, hit the open jumper, and rebound. I'm told we are eyeing his situation very closely.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Since when did Battie become such a good player? You all seem to think his presence will be such a force. Wasn't he on this team last year when the Magic collapsed and got swept by Detroit. Was that the same Battie that Rasheed schooled in the playoffs or are we talking about someone else. "scratches head"

Battie will give us an interior defensive presence that we lack as of right now. And we lost last year in the playoffs with Brian Hill as our coach, No Rashard, and No Super Turkoglu. Any other comments oh wise one?

Battie was a defensive presence, huh. Did he shut down anybody last year? How many times last year did people want Darko to replace Battie in the starting lineup? So you think I am wise, well thank you but I am not putting the blinders on when it comes to Battie. He is a backup power forward in this league and not that great of one. The numbers he puts up will back me up.

Oh and one more comment from the "wise" one. If you think that Battie will get us past Detroit or Boston, then you need to curb your enthusiasm for Tony.

I like how you totally disregarded anything I said.

TONY BRINGS US AN INTERIOR DEFENSIVE PRESENCE.

Will he win us games? No.

Will he put up a double-double every night or even every other night? No.

Will he improve our overall defensive and give us a PF who specializes in that area? YES

And one more thing for you oh wise one! Will he return hurt us? ABSOLUTELY NOT.