Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

PHX shopping Amare

Magic get: Amare

Suns get: 2008 1st Round Pick

Hedo Turkuglo

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Redick

That is three guys that could add great depth to a team like the Suns. The Suns have been looking for a backup for Nash and Arroyo could do that, JJ and Hedo both fit perfect into that system, shoot first and play very little defense.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Magic get: Amare

Suns get: 2008 1st Round Pick

Hedo Turkuglo

Carlos Arroyo

JJ Redick

That is three guys that could add great depth to a team like the Suns. The Suns have been looking for a backup for Nash and Arroyo could do that, JJ and Hedo both fit perfect into that system, shoot first and play very little defense.

Would you trade Dwight for Phx's #1 Boris Diaw, Marcus Banks, and Raja Bell?

quote:
Would you trade Dwight for Phx's #1 Boris Diaw, Marcus Banks, and Raja Bell?

Exactly. I wish Phoenix would be this dumb, but there's simply no way. They would probably swap Dwight for Amare, but take all our scrubs for their best (non-PG player) in his prime?

Keep dreaming.

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

elaborate for those of us at work where espn sites are blocked

Sorry.. I'm at work myself... look it over when you get home. Its a listing of a dozen or so prominent NBA players and some trade suggestions.

Honestly how would you play Amare with Howard. They both play somewhat the same its just Amare has a better shot. But we would putting all our money into the frontcourt and not addressing the backcourt at all. We might need a guy like Amare even do it would look good.

I am quite sure Amare would love to play here. After all, he did graduate from Cypress Creek High School in Orlando. I saw him play against my high school when I was a freshman. We ended up winning the game, but he went off and while being triple teamed the whole game.

i think amare's game would help us, if we had chance to get him, and he wouldn't mind playing off dwight, the whole frontcourt scoring between 60 and 90 points a game would help the backcourt, less attention would be taken off them especially defensively, they'd stop playing help defense, and good parimeter shooters would stop having season highs over us. we'd have to send a farm to get him, turk, jj, augustine, dooling.

turk, the 3 expirings(arroyo, dooling, garrity), and a 1st for amare, banks. or throw in augy, jj, or foyle(they would need a big to replace amare) for amare and diaw. wed have to take either banks or diaw for the deal to even be thought about by the suns. id be down for the first but the 2nd leaves us w/ no backup pg whatsoever

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

turk, the 3 expirings(arroyo, dooling, garrity), and a 1st for amare, banks. or throw in augy, jj, or foyle(they would need a big to replace amare) for amare and diaw. wed have to take either banks or diaw for the deal to even be thought about by the suns. id be down for the first but the 2nd leaves us w/ no backup pg whatsoever

This could actually be a good investment. If thats all the Suns wanted was Turk and 3 expirings for Amare then we can put him and Howard together and try that out. If it doesnt work out then we would have just picked up a valuable player with alot of upside. No telling who we could get for Amare. Just guess?

Slightly off topic, but last night I had a dream we traded Turk for Andrew Bynum. Maybe that's not so off topic, because that is more reasonable. The Suns are gonna ask for a lot more value than we can offer them.

Also, guys I don't think Amare would mind splitting touches; he does play with the Suns... they have Nash, Marion, Hill and Barbosa getting tons of touches also.