Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Who should be our LEADER ?...For the rest of the season.

Some one need's to step up...

You all got your opinions ..,.

so let's hear ...who has proved to you ...

Can or will be our Leader ?

Tough ... I'm still trying to figure out if we have one.

Some one need's to step up...

You all got your opinions ..,.

so let's hear ...who has proved to you ...

Can or will be our Leader ?

Tough ... I'm still trying to figure out if we have one.

hmm, tough question...

i guess there isn't a real leader on our team. it could be grant but he's more at the doctor's than on the court. dwight is our best player but i don't see him as a leader, at least not yet. hedo...nah, not really. as hedo said in this interwiev, what the magic are missing is this vlade divac guy.

I thought Grant Hill & Tony Battie were suppossed to be providing veteran leadership???

Ask Doc Rivers, he'll tell you it should come from your star player, and it's a problem otherwise.

I think it was briefly coming from Jameer, but he's settled nicely into the NBA lifestyle/fraternity.

It needs to be a coach. A leader is someone that other put their trust into for guidance. It's apparent that its not going to happen here, but bottom line...until you have a coach that is a leader, you will not have a player that is a "leader". Yeah Grant Hill and Tony Battie are veterans and could provide leadership, but how can they lead a team when they don't agree or don't fit in to the coach's system. Yeah...they could lead IF it was a system and environment they felt comfortable in. A leader has to feel comfortable with his/her role, and unfortunately their isn't anyone on this team who feels comfortable enough to be a leader..and I can't blame them.

For the life of me I don't understand why Grant isn't the leader. He has been one his whole career so I'm not sure what is going on this season. Eventually it needs to become Dwight. He needs to drop the happy go lucky routine (only on the court) and start taking the team's results personally. I want to see him get mad when the team loses. I want to see that killer instinct that the great ones have. It will probably take a coaching change but Dwight had better develop it if he wants to take the next step.

It's a mentality that can be developed over time. Experts used to say that David Robinson was too "nice" to win it all.