Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

Ya know, it's time for Redick to get a start

What the hell, give the guy a shot for extended minutes and see what hes got. We just lost to a horrible Sacramento team, were going against a horrible Clipper team. If we lose we lose but lets see what hes got in a good fair test

Honestly, we've already started Keith, and Keyon, so why not give the last SG a start as well? If SVG truly does want to find the right combination, something tells me that JJ and Augie are going to log in big minutes.

Hell, give the guy a chance. Nothings working for us at the moment....

I don't think JJ needs to start but he should be one of the first guys to come off the bench. Start Dwight, Augie, Rashard, Hedo, Jameer and have JJ be the first or second guy off the bench, just get him minutes and theres no doubt in my mind that it will make our team better, opens up the floor, if you foul him 95+% of the time its gonna be 2 points since our team is such a bad free throw shooting team...JJ will be gone as soon as he is able to leave if he doesn't get a chance

You know I agree with this. We are in a slump, the whole team so what the h-e-c-k try JJ just one game. His value will increase or he will help us win and stay. Nothing bad will happen really. As some point out maybe he is "not ready" on defense be we maybe can outscore them at least. For me as of now is the right moment to try Redick at least 25minutes one game. I mean, we are still losing right? How many times bogans, lewis, dooling has shoot alone with nobody near? I think JJ has shown many times in his low playing time that if he is wide open he will knock that down for sure. Also, Sir. SVG other teams defense pays attention to redick as much or even more than D12!

PS Come on guys let's start the campaign PLAY REDICK NOW!!

At this point, starting or not starting is irrelevant; he just needs consistent minutes.

I would be upset if we gave up on him without at least playing him consistent minutes for an extended period of time.

This is amusing. Some of us have been calling for this for a long time now, but the excuse was always "look at our record," we're winning!" Now that we're losing, some of you are now willing to do anything....

I don't think he should start, but i'm all in favor of him getting Evan's minutes, considering that trade was a complete bust.

quote:
This is amusing. Some of us have been calling for this for a long time now, but the excuse was always "look at our record," we're winning!" Now that we're losing, some of you are now willing to do anything....

I'm sure anyone that denied Redick playing more minutes because of our record had more to do with the individual players actually playing well, which translated to wins. Now they're not playing well, and we're losing. If we were losing and playing well, it would be one thing, but these guys just look terrible out there as of late.

if jj gets to play at all it will be with the second string pg who will never pass him the ball. he will be trying to take over the game by himself. jj might as well keep his seat on the bench and wait for the trade. oh by the way someone please tell svg team defense and smart play wins. its not always the best defender who plays one minute and takes the next one off.jacklj

Is JJ's defense the only reason why he's not getting playing time? If so: "Offense wins games, defense wins championships." I say we give JJ playing time now and win some games. Later on in the playoffs he goes back to the bench.... ;-)

quote:
If I'm SVG, my lineup tonight looks like this:

PG - Arroyo

SG - Redick

SF - Hedo

PF - Shard

C - Howard

or how bout this??

PG - Howard

SG - Gortat

SF - Augie

PF - Dooling

C - Redick

Lately its been starting to look like this

PG - Howard

SG - Howard

SF - Howard

PF - Howard

C - Howard

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

quote:

PG - Arroyo

SG - Redick

SF - Hedo

PF - Shard

C - Howard

or how bout this??

PG - Howard

SG - Gortat

SF - Augie

PF - Dooling

C - Redick

Lately its been starting to look like this

PG - Howard

SG - Howard

SF - Howard

PF - Howard

C - Howard

Not a bad idea except you need to pull Dooling out of the lineup. Nothing good every happens when he's on the floor.