Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

"Redick's value is pretty high right now"

Otis is just negotiating thru the media, and those so called defenders are playing like crap..let's fight fire with fire, we are not a defensive team, we are an offensive team, let's put all of our weapons on the floor and make other teams adjust to us.

If we're going to suck on defense it makes no sense to start Bogans or Evans or whomever over a better offensive player.

quote:
Redick would be abused by opposing PG's

I don't know about that.. JJ for sure will make the opposing PG chase him around a lot. On the other hand say Jameer for example is always left open. JJ will keep whoever's checking him very busy.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

agree totally st since 90. this team knows nothing about team defense. i am very disappointed in the coaching. quit crying svg your whole team cant play defense. jj would be better off somewhere else where his ability and winning attitude would be of value. jacklj

That is obvious. I watch it every night.

quote:
by our General Manager:

We just happen to have an abundance of shooters. The fact of the matter is, we have players around him who give us something [defense] that he doesn't give us."

Forgive Otidumbus Sith, he doesn't know what he's saying.

We all know he has a speech problem. Remember it's possible he tried to say something else.

a 10 second collaspe....thats funny.being slammed for passing the ball to an open player is a collapse....this kid could could do everything perfect for 47 minutes and 58 seconds......one mistake and even sports writers are writing about it. Even if he buried the 3....was there a guarntee that we would have won? I dont see anyone mentioning Bogans miss layup last night in the closing seconds that just could have cost us the game..........Please Otis trade the kid before you damage him.

quote:
Originally posted by DismissOtisSmith:

Redick would be abused by opposing PG's. His largest problem is footwork. He is not quick enough to gaurd people off the dribble, so guarding in many cases the teams quickest player is not a solution.

Redick and the Magic for all purposes would be better off if they played a zone defense. Having Howard stay ball side for help defense would solve alot of problems.

The Magic's defenses would be schemed around leading your man either to the middle or baseline.

Redicks problem is the Magic won't design there defense to make up for his defeciences, and I'm not saying they should (he is only a role player right now).

I do however, think the team has many bad defenders, so to hide the teams lack of skill they should design a team defense that concentrates on positioning rather than stopping your opponent 1 on 1.

This post makes sense because this is exactly what I would do. Play a zone when he is in there. Why the heck do we who have no coaching experiences see **** that these clowns can't see?

So if Redick is around after the trade deadline, what do you guys think will happen? Do you think they will start playing him, or will he continue to rot away on the bench. Personally I think if we do make some deals and he is not part of it, than more than likely it will be one of our guards going somewhere else, opening up some minutes for JJ... What do you guys think?

quote:
We just happen to have an abundance of shooters. The fact of the matter is, we have players around him who give us something [defense] that he doesn't give us.

Unbelievable words by a GM. What a way to shop your player suggesting his weakness outweigh his talents. This further proves this guy is in La La land

I decided not to post anymore in this site but couldn't resist. I can't express how much I want the Magic to finally get a decent GM and coach one day. I'll keep my hopes up.

JJ played very late in the Utah game...

I wonder if they do this to put JJ in a position where he's pressured to do good in a game that's pretty much over. If he doesn't do good then Stan and Otis can say I told you so!That's why we don't give him minutes.

ok seriously i have had enough. i saw a dnp by carlos and jj's name this morning when i got up and well that just makes me sick. evans starting over jj? ok if you are going to give ANYONE a chance to start at sg, why not jj? do you not think that his "lack of defense" would be outweighed by his incredible shooting ability. and dooling or carlos? come the heck on man! i am ride or die with the magic but some of this is not making any sense. DO NOT TRADE JJ! seriously i would bet if carlos/jj/lewis/turk/dwight started a game we would win. bringing nelson/bogans/evans/foyle/augustine(haven't seen him play but heard alot about his hustle on this board, give him b cook's minutes he can't do much worse than 4pts, 5fouls in 13 minutes)off the bench with gortat and cook backing up the backup bigs leave it at that. to me let them play together they are the best at the positions and what we are trying to accomplish at those positions(pg assists)(sg shooting pct) (sf/pf; i would like a bigger pf but for who we have i will ont change anything and that include trading either one especially turk) and let dwight do his thing. oh my goodness stop with the having to run plays for jj. is that some how a problem? he is a part of the team and i am sure if dwight got double teamed down low and kicked it out to jj it we would be a one time mistake by the defense. which would cause a kinds of problems. PLAY JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i dont post much here but i dont like when my team loses and we are not maxing our talent. oh by the way ariza trade=mistake. dont make another.

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

I wonder if they do this to put JJ in a position where he's pressured to do good in a game that's pretty much over. If he doesn't do good then Stan and Otis can say I told you so!That's why we don't give him minutes.

quote:

Actually, JJ did pretty well in the first half, although his man blew by him once, but bobbled the ball and missed a layup (maybe JJ got a finger on it.)

In the minute and a half at the end of the game he did great. He got an unexpected rebound of a missed free throw when we were really under pressure, and he got fouled taking a tough covered 3 and then made all three free throws.

In the end Dooling unexplicablly made two layups while we were down 6 in the last 20 seconds. I guess he couldn't find anyone to pass to at the 3 point line, or he was intentionally trying to catch up with quick two pointers.

Our starters sure weren't playing any defence late.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:

Actually, JJ did pretty well in the first half, although his man blew by him once, but bobbled the ball and missed a layup (maybe JJ got a finger on it.)

In the minute and a half at the end of the game he did great. He got an unexpected rebound of a missed free throw when we were really under pressure, and he got fouled taking a tough covered 3 and then made all three free throws.

In the end Dooling unexplicablly made two layups while we were down 6 in the last 20 seconds. I guess he couldn't find anyone to pass to at the 3 point line, or he was intentionally trying to catch up with quick two pointers.

Our starters sure weren't playing any defence late.

There were open guys at the 3 point line. Dooling just chose not to pass to them. Dooling has not basketball IQ. Watch him closely. He doesn't think about what's going on around him. He thinks of himself only.