Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

SVG's Messing With The Line-up

It's getting like musical chairs around here...

I'm afraid to post the starting line-up in the game thread.

One day it's Arroyo ,,,

The next day it's Bogans ...

The next who knows .

I feel something is about to happen.

Whether it's a trade or a new permanent line-up ...

SVG's up to something.

Stan doesn't seem like the type coach to deal with losses to well. I'd hate to be at practice after a loss.

But this is what we need to move to the next level.

SVG do what you have to but let's get it done so we can go on winning.

Personally I'm getting tired of reading 600 posts after a loss and rather reading 300 hundred after a win{which I don't Understand}.

Go STAN ... shake these guys up

Your thoughts.

It's getting like musical chairs around here...

I'm afraid to post the starting line-up in the game thread.

One day it's Arroyo ,,,

The next day it's Bogans ...

The next who knows .

I feel something is about to happen.

Whether it's a trade or a new permanent line-up ...

SVG's up to something.

Stan doesn't seem like the type coach to deal with losses to well. I'd hate to be at practice after a loss.

But this is what we need to move to the next level.

SVG do what you have to but let's get it done so we can go on winning.

Personally I'm getting tired of reading 600 posts after a loss and rather reading 300 hundred after a win{which I don't Understand}.

Go STAN ... shake these guys up

Your thoughts.

i think you are right soul. but until svg teaches these guys how to play defense on penetration and rotate to help it will not matter who they trade. jacklj

Here's a little something SVG has to say about it;

"I'm not necessarily sure which way I'm going," Van Gundy said of the lineup. "I wanted to get more energy in the game, but it didn't materialize early in the game. It was another very bad first quarter. We'll keep tinkering around until we find a way to get off to better starts."

Please find what your looking for...It's driving us nuts.

sg spot is very shaky right now, as is the pf, we need to somehow maybe get a trade for both if it were possible. Otis has concentrated on 2 spots in his tenure it seems, pg,sg, he has paid no mind to the frontcourt apparently thinking Dwight can do it on his own.

Now i was all for him starting Dooling over Bogans because the matchup just look great. Dooling vs Head. But Head totally took advantage of Dooling in the beginning. I felt like we do need that slasher type sg that can hit the mid range jumper and play good defense. But Dooling didnt do what i thought he was gonna do. Im sure that SVG was thinking the same thing. He stated it in his post game conference. But this shows that we need a real sg and pf.

JD, We all saw what happened last night, the whole team collapsed both defensively and offfensively. We are being dominated on the boards first because it seems that Howard and jameer are the only guys that are looking for the rebounds and the teams have adjusted to Howard well and he has failed to adjust to them. Its being 5 games now of average play for Howard and last night it coincided with a poor performance from the rest of the team except the PG's, making us look even worse than last year, God forbid that. The million dollar man is playing at discount prices and now he is tentative at the 3 pt line. Turk again looks burned out. Every one talks that we need a good PF and that would solve the problem and this might be true but.. meanwhile how about Coaching adjustments to mitigate the problem. Foyle is looking more in control backing up Howard and seems to move and free himself form his man better, to allow the passs to come in to him. So why not consider using him with Howard and let Augie back them up both? How about Gortat? This guy could bang around some of the opponents and get some short range shots for us and back up at PF and center. last night the two really hot hands were Jameer and Carlos and Carlos was given 14 minutes and a good option would have been let Carlos run the point and Jameer take care of the firepower or viceversa. Sure we loose defense so what, we didnt have any anyway. Also why not try Reddick and give him a chance to let some bombs drop. I feel everyone of the starters need some bench time right now specially Turk and Shard. For the first time I see Stan is loosing control of the creative aspect of the game. Come on Stan show us your stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

We'll keep tinkering around until we find a way to get off to better starts."

Otis is on record as saying that his moves are all about Howard. The reason were still tinkering is the approach to giving Howard a lot of touches is flawed.

Brian Hill was always about giving Howard more touches. The result was record breaking turn overs.

This year the approach to spread the floor and let Howard dominate down low is also flawed. Howard can dominate a game with his defense, rebounds, blocked shots, and put backs with touches that come through the normal flow of a game....but he needs another big man to help him.

As you know, Phoenix has a problem winning in the playoffs largely because they only have one big man. I think we have gone the wrong direction and spent a lot of money foolishly doing it.

I think he wanted to test Dooling, see how he does at starters. IMO, a trade is about to happen soon, including Keyon and some expirings. Just hope we can acquire a decent PF. This way either Hedo comes off the bench or he slides to SG.

Just get some one who can fight down there, who can defend, rebound, block etc..