Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Maybe, just maybe "everything" is not the coaches fault!(Denton blog)

quote:
Originally posted by oldmagicfan:

Why not use your 90% free throw shooter earlier? Not with 40 seconds to go. The Celtics new what he was in there for and the were all over him. Why didn't they run a better play to free him up? Poorly executed but poorly planned.

Grant said after the game when he saw the play breaking down he should have called timeout. He regretted his decision in his post-game comments.

I dont know why everyone is praising Hedo around here. He had a decent shooting game for once, big deal, and he had two or three possessions where he played good defense. Other than that, he turned the ball over in key instances, shoot really poor shots early in the shot clock, and the worst of all was was when he gave up on the fast break after the jump ball near our basket. He stood there and watched West lay it in. He will not dive on the floor, or take a charge. EVER. How many times have you seen him do either of those things? I cant remember one. If you have SARS, Bird Flu, or whatever,, shut it down. Im tired of hearing about it. Get some T-Cells and come back.

This team is below average, with a below average coach.

Jameer was playing awful, but Hill takes out the guy in Arroyo who got us back in the game to put Jameer back in.

The Refs were not calling much, so instead of pushing back we let one of the worse teams in the league push us around.

What has happened to Darko? I think the demotion has really screwed up his fragile ego. In playoff basketball, you don't sit out the game with a charley horse. I would not be surprised to see him take a Euro contract and bolt the NBA altogether this summer. After the way NBA coaches keep screwing with his psyche.

Boston basicly ignored Battie on defense and dared him to burn them all night. Battie responds by going 6-17 with most of those misses coming from point blank range. Yes, he got a double/double and played a better second half. But he should been yanked after going 0-5 and blowing several defensive assignments. But Hill only does that to young players.

JJ has a solid first half creating shots for others and drawing fouls, then never leaves the bench in the second half. Even though Boston was begging us to burn them from outside.

Just a very typical loss for us against a very bad team. Some players show up, others don't. Bad officiating which only gets worse because Brian's sideline antics make them swallow their whistles. Then crazy rotations that leave the announcers baffled trying to find an explaination for what Brian is doing.

During the game last night, I was YELLING for Grant to call a time out during the inbounds play. After watching that cost Denver a game, I didn't want it to happen to us.

JJ should have been out there during crunch time; the kid has ice water in his veins. He also played well the first half, but got "butt cancer" the entire second half. BS.

If I was coach, I would BENCH Jameer's A.ss. He disregarded the coach and his "game-winning" play and took his own shot; which, would eventually cause us to lose. That's BS. Denton, was right, drawing up plays is one of the FEW things "That Coach" can do right, and our starting point gaurd chooses to ignore it. KCUF that, man. He better be riding pine the next game.

quote:
But with Nelson the pendullum often swings too wide. He feels the need to try and win games on his own, forgoing plays so that he can have the game on his own shoulders. Brian Hill was not happy with this decision, yelling at Nelson to run the side-pick-and-roll play that was designed.

Yelling is weak. Benching is smart. The players are what they are, a coach instructs and controls the playing time to ensure the team gives it's best effort.

I'm sorry, but Brian carries the responsibility here. Jameer is a shooting guard Brian seems to think can be a good point guard, if he didn't like his decisions at the end, why didn't he go to someone else?

I have to agree that the players have to take over the games to a point. But still, they need to have a coach who subsitutes properly. If Ariza is our man then why wasn't he in there in overtime to guard Pierce. Hedo is not a good defender..period. They didn't score those 100 points on Trevor and JJ. And Grant is a veteran and so is hedo so how did they help us at the end of the game?

quote:
Jameer is a shooting guard Brian seems to think can be a good popint guard, if he didn't like his decisions at the end, why didn't he go to someone else?

Its true, you dont see the Bulls making Ben Gordon run the offense. He is what he is. Not a playmaker. Jameer and Gordon are of the same mold.

coach hill has to take control of the point gaurd situation. i know with some teams the point gaurd scores a lot of points but its not going to work with this team. carlos was playing like nelson and he was benched.carlos is now playing very well.nelson needs to sit the beach for a while.

There is enough blame to go around for everyone. The refs, our players, our coach this was a mess.

The refs were letting them play rough towards the end but Pierce riding Turk out of bounds is a little beyond rough.

Our players make stupid mistakes ALOT. How did Turk lose that ball in the 2nd OT? Why did Jameer go away from any type of play and choose to go 1 on 1. How many more free throws do we need to miss before they start working on that? Any one of those things corrected and we are talking about another ugly win not a loss.

The coach, when you see that your team is running on fumes in a short OT period why are you not subbing? Why does our offense continue to have 12 pt quarters? When you see the defense packing the paint why is Redick sitting when the other team is using Rondo who can't hit the broadside of a mountain? I'm pretty sure most of us could give Rondo a 5foot cushion and dare him to shoot the ball, I know for a fact Redick could.

This team makes me mental.

Not to mention Dwight got outplayed by Al whatever his name is. The guy was pretty impressive. Is it me or is Dwight getting outplayed a lot lately?

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Not to mention Dwight got outplayed by Al whatever his name is. The guy was pretty impressive. Is it me or is Dwight getting outplayed a lot lately?

Jefferson is the real deal. I would say offensively Jefferson had a better game than Dwight, Dwight had a better defensive game. Dwight needs to develop his offense more, they are just backing off our **cough** "shooters" and doubling him every time.

BTW how did these starters all play 40 minutes or close to it. Hill, Battie, and hedo were all running on fumes. Way to keep your old *** (Young team?) fresh.