Sign in to follow this  
star_phenom35

Curry, Lee and Rose want out of NYC???

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I think jameer for lee and something else would be a good deal. guys we aren't going to be able to comepete with the elite teams without a starting pf. a real pf.

I doubt we give up Jameer. But we will prob have to take one of their inflated contracts. Probably Jeffries. I dont mind Jared, hes like 6'10 and can do some things. Send Dooling, JJ, Garrity, and a first rounder (id imagine ours this year will probably be in the 20's or so) and id take Lee and Jeffries

I like that even better. Jeffries isn't that bad of a player. And our draft pick probably woudln't net us a player as good as lee. we will miss dooling though. I would say jj also but he never plays. might as well get something for him that will contribute.

Could we get a trade exception or something? Or was the injury thing the only exception that we could get this year?

The only bad contract that I would take from NYC is Q's. He's always been a good role player and he could give us that big scoring from the bench.

Could you imagine these lineups?

Starters

Howard

Lee

Shard/ Turk

Bogans

Arroyo

2nd Unit

Foyle

Auggie

Q

Hedo/Shard

Jameer

the reason they gave james so much is because he was a promising big man, the guy is huge, he played well in seattle when they drafted, but like ewing said about the whole knicks team, it is very hard to concentrate in new york while your playing there, there are so many distractions to figure in, i hear that james is swelling over 300 lbs there, if he was in shape he could have a good career starting along with dwight, he wouldn't have to move much, and would probably land alot of points because he'd be open and alot of block shots on whatever weak side he gets. his contract is way too much though and coach thomas said that he would be getting plenty of minutes when he gets back, i think they view him as i do, a very large center that can be worth his contract if he gets in shape, i wouldn't take the chance on him yet, but he starts to play better his trade value goes up alot.

When I posted a couple of weeks ago that we should go after Lee for this is a business after all regardless of what Isiah says people laughed me off saying that Lee is their most coveted piece and they would never trade him. Guys in this business all you have to do is convince a player and dangle appropriate bait in front of a team. Glad to see one of my suggestions is still alive and kicking.

Next piece we want is Calderon/TJ Ford...lets face it both are starting guards not bench players and Toronto will have to make a choice sooner or later before their contracts expire and they walk away for nothing. So there is a ray of hope here that something can materialize.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

I'd take Ford over Calderon any day... He combines great playmaking ability with tremendous speed and athleticsm. Did I mention the defense??? 100x better than any PG we have here

Not so much, I have a friend who is a die hard Raptor fan, and we watch plenty of games together. Ford is just as bad on D as any of our guys.

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

Brian Cook, Pat Garrity, second round pick

quote:
Redick for Lee straight up.

Seriously? You must be some smoking some outstanding stuff.

I absolutely love Lee but the only guy on our team that the Knicks would consider (and I do mean consider) trading Lee for is Turk (and of course Dwight but obviously that isn't happening). Anyone else or various combinations will NOT get it done. Think about it for a second...most of our expiring contracts play the point guard position. What the hell is Isiah going to do with another point guard? Especially if he is going to trade away the only big man on his team that is actually willing to work hard and rebound.

Several teams have tried to get Lee and offered much better players and were turned down. Sorry guys but it isn't going to happen.

I think you're missing the key variable in this trade scenario Emory... "Isiah". Anything is possible.

I'm writing Otis a letter to offer him a car battery and some Big Red to go along with Garrity at this moment.