Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Now you know why Battie is back starting

O I see. He's starting because every one in ten games he has a good game where he scores in double figures.

I'm not trying to say he's bad or anything but he is more inconsistant than Darko. And he can provide leadership from the bench icon_smile.gif. Just be happy that we got the win and that I'm not complaining about Darko's minutes.

Battie had a good shooting night and that was about it. I don't see anything in a one game performance that screams that he should be starting.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Veteran, experience and LEADERSHIP!!

On display tonight.

You of all people to post this! After your posts on Arroyo! This thread should be deleted on that reason alone!

I'm super happy about the win!

I do get tired of seeing Tony get beat up on these forums.

There is more to a game than filling up the stat sheet.

Tony does a great job of executing his defensive assignments.

The coaches say that over and over.

When we got down tonight and it looked like we were gonna lose Battie took the bull by the horns and made a "HUGE" basket. Did you see him pump his fist and tell the guys, "let's get the job done"!

That's why he's starting and I trust it will continue.

This is not a bash Darko thread.

It's a give Battie some credit thread.

Again, LEADERSHIP! There's more to the game then piling up stats.

Battie played a quality game for us. Battie's 3-point play towards the end was so huge, too.

I'm with you on this, ball junkie, Battie doesn't get the kind of respect I think he deserves. He's so tough and focused when he's in the game. Neither of our other big men provide that every time they step onto the court. Battie's role to make up for the mistakes of other players is a real, bonafide position on this team.

Maybe in 3 years it won't be so important to have a Tony Battie in the paint, but it's friggin' crucial right now. Don't hate on Tony's game jss b/c it's taking minutes from Darko. Darko will have his day where he doesn't make wussy slap fouls and falls for the pull-the-chair trick on the low block.

quote:

I do get tired of seeing Tony get beat up on these forums.

Please find a post where anyone says anything bad about Tony (other than his consistancy). I have no idea where you got this from.

quote:

There is more to a game than filling up the stat sheet.

Tony does a great job of executing his defensive assignments.

NO arguments there.

quote:

When we got down tonight and it looked like we were gonna lose Battie took the bull by the horns and made a "HUGE" basket. Did you see him pump his fist and tell the guys, "let's get the job done"!

He could of said that from the bench. I mean Pat is on the bench every game and he still finds little ways to contribute for the win, like getting water and towels.

quote:

That's why he's starting and I trust it will continue.

You trust that it will continue?? Let me refresh your memory... Brian Hill is our coach, which means the rotation does NOT change. What I'm trying to say is... Really?!

quote:

This is not a bash Darko thread.

It's a give Battie some credit thread.

Again, LEADERSHIP! There's more

to the game then piling up stats.

If this is true you could of just posted this in the game thread. Like "good job Battie" or "thanks Tony". But you had to make it into a thread and mention the starting lineup. And Darko doesn't pile up stats but he does provide great energy. He's great at defense and all he's missing is some leadership. Which can only be aquired by playing the game, not by sitting on the bench.

It really doesn't matter who did what ...

each player has his job and Battie did his part when needed... GO BATTIE !!!

It's all about TEAMWORK guys ...With the FANS...With the TEAM

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

quote:

He could of said that from the bench. I mean Pat is on the bench every game and he still finds little ways to contribute for the win, like getting water and towels.

Don't thrash on ball junkie's thread, he isn't full of it, it's statements like this which is why he feels like Tony gets beat up on these forums. You're coming WEAK with this post, dude.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

quote:

Don't thrash on ball junkie's thread, he isn't full of it, it's statements like this which is why he feels like Tony gets beat up on these forums. You're coming WEAK with this post, dude.

I'm not saying Battie should be getting water and towels, I'm just that there is no reason that he can't provide that same energy from the bench. We have yet to see Battie coming off the bench.