Sign in to follow this  
TheJambo

Our Future Coach will be..........

I think the team is grooming Tom Sterner to be the next head coach. He has a good grasp of basketball strategy, and is very well liked by all the players. I think this was the Magic's plan when they got him to come back. They hired B Hill to eventually move to the front office, and promote Sterner, while keeping the assistant coaches to make the transition smoother. I think they are waiting to see what the free agents say during the off-season, and if you noticed B.Hill and Vince were pretty chummy after the last game. So they may be waiting to make sure they get who they want in free agency, maybe VC likes B.Hill and he is a good selling point to get him here.

I think Sterner would be a good choice....

Just my 2 cents worth????????

I think the team is grooming Tom Sterner to be the next head coach. He has a good grasp of basketball strategy, and is very well liked by all the players. I think this was the Magic's plan when they got him to come back. They hired B Hill to eventually move to the front office, and promote Sterner, while keeping the assistant coaches to make the transition smoother. I think they are waiting to see what the free agents say during the off-season, and if you noticed B.Hill and Vince were pretty chummy after the last game. So they may be waiting to make sure they get who they want in free agency, maybe VC likes B.Hill and he is a good selling point to get him here.

I think Sterner would be a good choice....

Just my 2 cents worth????????

I want to be the first to completely agree with you Jambo.

I think Sterner is a great coach and seems to have a better relationship with the players as well as a grasp on the kind of style they need to play.

I also may be a bit biased because I am friends with his daughter.

That is a very interesting observation, my only question is, this is based upon what??? Inside info? I would not be completly opposed to this unless they had the opportunity to sign let's say, Rick Carsile, Adelman, Lambeer, what the heck, I am not opposed to giving Mark Jackson a shot, he couldn't do any worst! One thing that does bother me is that whole, promote from within the ranks thing, like Johnny Davis....remember??? Painful thought isn't it??

It comes from some conversations I have had with somebody in the organization. The Magic are very high on him and had to give him some assurances when they convinced him to come back. The players really do like him and would back him as the new coach. He is very smart and innovative....

They did not guarantee anything officially, but he will be given all chances to prove he deserves it. The owners and Management really like him and know what they have in him...

quote:
Originally posted by TheJambo:

It comes from some conversations I have had with somebody in the organization. The Magic are very high on him and had to give him some assurances when they convinced him to come back. The players really do like him and would back him as the new coach. He is very smart and innovative....

They did not guarantee anything officially, but he will be given all chances to prove he deserves it. The owners and Management really like him and know what they have in him...

I am O.K. with that too, as long as it wasn't the futureGM's girlfriend, she no longer has any credibility!!

I don't know much about Sterner but he sounds like a good candidate. I definitely have heard anyone mention his name as a possible replacement yet.