Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Which Magic guard is heading to the bench per Stan?

What pisses me off is Otis already picked up the option for JJ's contract for the next two seasons. He could've been another valuable expiring contract we'd have no problem trading at the deadline this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

What pisses me off is Otis already picked up the option for JJ's contract for the next two seasons. He could've been another valuable expiring contract we'd have no problem trading at the deadline this year.

I thought it was for just one more season after this one.

I personally would like dooling 2 be the one out cause ive never liked the way he plays hes nota natural pg. But JJ sucks at D. Evans is a great spark of the bench and we are finally seing Arroyo doing what he does best passing the ball. We already have shooters and those are Lewis,Bogans,Turk and Nelson. We actuallt dont need more sg. Sorry JJ youre my favorite player but you are the man out

What I've noticed from the boards and life in general is your the goat one game and then the savior the next. Everyone is praising Dooling and Evans and in a week or two when they are playing bad people will be calling for them to be benched. I'm going to sit back and see what happens with this rooster and who is consistent. Dooling and Evans has had some good games. But I've been more impressed with Bogans up to this point. I enjoyed watching College Basketball yesterday and seeing guys play aggressive defensive. And where guys play help side defense. Something I feel is lacking in Pro.Basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

quote:

I thought it was for just one more season after this one.

You're right. I could've sworn I read it was for both seasons but I can't find anything saying that.

I guess it's only for the 2008-2009 season.

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

What I've noticed from the boards and life in general is your the goat one game and then the savior the next. Everyone is praising Dooling and Evans and in a week or two when they are playing bad people will be calling for them to be benched. I'm going to sit back and see what happens with this rooster and who is consistent. Dooling and Evans has had some good games. But I've been more impressed with Bogans up to this point. I enjoyed watching College Basketball yesterday and seeing guys play aggressive defensive. And where guys play help side defense. Something I feel is lacking in Pro.Basketball.

Are you watching my Rooster?

i still think it's time we trade JJ. i'd hate to see him go, but we really don't have a spot on the team for him and i like him too much to see him riding the pine for years to come. so might as well get a piece we CAN use.....

quote:

Well what's done is done and we should be dealing with what we DO have.

Keyon Dooling & Carlos Arroyo DO have expiring contracts. One of these guys need to be traded for one more solid big (unless you can get a steal of a deal for Evans, Bogans, or JJ. I personally doubt it.) We have the same problem as we did before the offseason. One guard too MANY... one big man too FEW. If Battie was still healthy than the Evans/Cook trade might of filled the gap, but he's not. So it didn't.

So either we trade one of these guys ASAP, or its the alternative. We're still one quality big man short and one of our pretty talented guards, all of which deserve decent playing time, gets screwed.

I know which option I prefer.

This isn't about what SVG needs to do. It's about what Otis has needed to do since the beginning of the summer.

quote:
I'm sure you all will be most happy if it is JJ. In my opinion, this team is going to hell in a handbasket and it won't have anything to do with JJ playing or going to the bench. If he goes, then so be it, but he won't be there long. If he's on the bench, who will you blame for losing then? JJ could be sitting in the cheap seats drinking a Pepsi and you'd still find someway to blame him for the loss. I hope SVG gets a lump of coal in his Christmas stocking.

16-5, and because we dont play a guard who gets maybe 8-10 minutes a game, were going to hell in a handbasket?? You all are right, this person has no place in this message board. I like JJ and i think in the right situation hes gonna be a good player, but like Trevor, its not ours. The league is filled with players who have been moved and have thrived and theres nothing you can do about that. But to put JJ above proven players this year (Arroyo, Evans, Dooling) would be ludicrous. I think we will see a trade in January or February with him included and im fine with that as long as we improve this TEAM.

the problem with jj is that he is one dimensional. he is only a shooter. maybe our best shooter, but dooling and evans can scorer and play defense, plus dooling can handle the ball and play pg and evans can reboud has good size so he can also play sf. The other players, on the team, are more versatile and therefor more productive then jj.

when jj isnt taking shots or his shot is not falling, what good is he. when evans and dooling are not scorering they are more productive in other areas: defense, rebounding, steals, energy; giving us valuable hustle pts. Plus, when dooling and evans are scoring they are still more productive in those other areas.

JJ can be a player used when we need instant offense or someone is playing zone vs us.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

Smack, you were so right.

Ummm, any questions?

Yeah, please elaborate for us guys that weren't privy to your conversation.

If you care to discuss it publicly, I'm interested.

If not public, then send me a PM cause I'm still interested.