Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

To play hard, or not to play hard, that is the question!

Heres one to chew on for the next couple days while there are no games.

Would you rather have our team play hard each and every game and have an amazing regular season record.....

OR

......Would you rather them play good enough to make it to the postseason and then crank it into high gear come playoff series time.

What do you think?

I know i'd rather have it both ways, but some people might not have the same view. Remember, you don't win titles in the regular season.

We barely made it to the playoffs last year, and then got annihilated in the first round. This year, if the same thing were to happen, would we be more motivated come playoff time?

Discuss.

Heres one to chew on for the next couple days while there are no games.

Would you rather have our team play hard each and every game and have an amazing regular season record.....

OR

......Would you rather them play good enough to make it to the postseason and then crank it into high gear come playoff series time.

What do you think?

I know i'd rather have it both ways, but some people might not have the same view. Remember, you don't win titles in the regular season.

We barely made it to the playoffs last year, and then got annihilated in the first round. This year, if the same thing were to happen, would we be more motivated come playoff time?

Discuss.

No because this is a young and new team and they need to play hard the entire season to know each other well so they can have a successful post season.

At this rate we'll have our division by February, but going for the number one seed might be in our best interest; potentially getting us a match-up with a sub 1.00 team.

I don't necessarily think that if we don't win a title this year we have failed. I would be excited if we won 60 games and became the "beast of the east". The Spurs still look like they would beat us in the finals.

The truly great teams play hard in the regular season to prepare for the postseason. I've never been a big believer in the philosophy that a team needs to pace itself so they have something left in the tank. That's not to say that the starters should play huge minutes every night...only that the players on the court should always give 100 percent. That doesn't always happen but that should be the goal.

Besides the few teams that claim they can turn it on are the older teams that usually have won the championship before. We don't meet either criteria.

I'd rather have a team playing hard "EACH and EVERY night" which is what Van Gundy is trying to get the team to do. The coach wants a killer instinct from this team and he will not stop at nothing to get that out of this team even if they are 16-4 with the most wins in the NBA.

Play hard every night, this team especially needs to learn playoff intensity to get past the first round. Hunger wins rings, complacity gets you an early vacation.

If the Magic were ten games below .500 and made the playoffs and then made it to the finals I would be elated.... thats whats its about... if they win 60 games this year and get knocked out in the first round I think I will shoot myself

No guarantees. Dallas won a lot of games last year but ran against a hot Golden State squad. You play hard every night and you roll the dice and take your chances. If the team has been thru and survived the wars, it gives you a better chance in winning in the post season

I will look at the SA spurs for why I say this, we should secure the division, and minimize our starters minutes to about 25-35 mins a game. SA not only has been doing this the last couple of years, but it works, as they are winning championships, they are very deep though, so its tough to try and follow that team.