Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

A Keith Bogans thread - Where Redick lovers like to insult & crticize(Andie & Jacklj)

Talent doesn't always matter, it's how the talent fits within a given system. I'm loving the Bogans/Evans combo. These two guys are doing exactly what we need from them. Tough D, run the floor and when left open can hit the J. That's all we need. It works because they have accepted their given roles. We just need to toughen Cook a little bit and we'll be set.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Some of you have said you don't think he's a long term solution at the SG position.

I absolutely think he is. In this system surrounded with the other players in our offense he is a perfect fit. Our team doesn't need a shooting guard that dominates the ball and drives to the hoop. It needs exactly what Bogans brings: good outside shooting and tough perimeter defense. As far as I'm concerned shooting guard is not a weakness on our team.

Bogans along with Hedo and Rashard has been absolutely clutch this year. There have been more clutch 3 pointer made ALREADY this year than the last two years combined. It seems like every game one of these 3 guys (if not all of them) hits a big shot in the 4th to put the game out of reach. The best part is that they don't even need to be shooting the ball well. They struggle the whole game and then sink a dagger with the game on the line. Unbelievably impressive.

i have a thought he can be something like bruce Bowen is for the spurs?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Richie Audabato calls him Bogan, Munns and Munns.

Ha.

That guy is the only thing I don't like about listening to games on the radio. He frequently approaches Joe Theismann territory, but it's worse because at least I had the option of muting Theismann.

On Bogans, I'm loving what I've seen out of him this year. I can't remember how many times last year I screamed "GET THAT GUY OUTTA THERE!" at the TV when he was in. I even resorted to calling him Keith Bogus. But this year he seems to be doing much better, and I think it's because of Stan.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Okay Nyce1, I know you're out there. I know you're a big Corey Magette fan. I wanna know your thoughts on Keith being the long term solution to our shooting guard position.

You didn't think I was gonna let you off the hook that easy did you?(lol)

Nyce, you awake man? If you'd stop staying up all night watching NBA games and posting on the Magic boards you wouldn't have to get so sleepy during the day.

I'm still waiting for your response.(lol)

Don't make me have to call you and get you out of bed!

I can admit that Bogans has been doing well at the 2. Your record backs that up and I have no problem with him starting and getting the most minutes. I don't think the issue is between Bogans and Redick because obviously when Bogans is on the bench, JJ isn't even the backup.

My only issue with this board is people saying that JJ is a bust and doesn't deserve playing time. If he's a complete bust, then why did you draft him 11th? Are your scouts that bad? Why isn't he in the D-League? He's not ready yet for SVG's system and to me that means he either sits on the bench and waits but does everything he can do off the court to get to where he needs to be (practicing, working out, improving D, whatever) or gets traded to a team that actually needs him (like Diener and Ariza). Why can't that kind of statement be enough? I don't understand all the trash talk about a player on your own team. It reminds me of last year when so many people were trashing Carlos and his fans. Your opinion is your opinion, but I don't buy into the statement that some of you have more basketball knowledge than the "common man." That's pretty presumptious.

Back to this topic specifically, kudos to Keith Bogans. He's proof that you can sit and wait for your shot and eventually get an opportunity and make the most of it. I'm happy for him.

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

Back to this topic specifically, kudos to Keith Bogans. He's proof that you can sit and wait for your shot and eventually get an opportunity and make the most of it. I'm happy for him.

Actually, he's further proof that the only difference between a journeyman & a respected role player are the players around them.

Bogans is a member of the all aren't we lucky as hell NBA team with Kendrick Perkins, Rajon Rondo, Fransisco Elson, Udonis Hasleem, & Daniel Gibson.

quote:
Originally posted by michelle7:

My only issue with this board is people saying that JJ is a bust and doesn't deserve playing time. If he's a complete bust, then why did you draft him 11th? Are your scouts that bad? Why isn't he in the D-League? He's not ready yet for SVG's system and to me that means he either sits on the bench and waits but does everything he can do off the court to get to where he needs to be (practicing, working out, improving D, whatever) or gets traded to a team that actually needs him (like Diener and Ariza). Why can't that kind of statement be enough? I don't understand all the trash talk about a player on your own team. It reminds me of last year when so many people were trashing Carlos and his fans. Your opinion is your opinion, but I don't buy into the statement that some of you have more basketball knowledge than the "common man." That's pretty presumptious.

Who's saying he doesn't deserve to play? There's a very big difference between saying he shouldn't play and he isn't playing.

SVG's system is built to take advantage of JJ's biggest strength. Problem is, his biggest weakness is a glaring liability.

JJ has plenty of career in front of him to adjust to the athleticism and physicality that the pro game presents. He will be just fine.

The only reason so many Magic fans get upset is because you can bank on some die hard Duke fan starting a thread after every game JJ doesn't get clock.

Don't ever, ever question Keith Bogans defense again as I've seen many of you doing the last couple days.

I only saw the last quarter, but that's all I needed to see. Goukas and Dooling on his postgame interview gave much, much credit to Bogans for his defense on Kobe.

Kobe for the game shot 10-26. He made only one shot the "entire" 4th quarter when Bogans was directly on him.

And most importantly, in crunch time Bogans stole the ball from Kobe not once but twice.

quote:
Don't ever, ever question Keith Bogans defense again as I've seen many of you doing the last couple days.

I only saw the last quarter, but that's all I needed to see. Goukas and Dooling on his postgame interview gave much, much credit to Bogans for his defense on Kobe.

Kobe for the game shot 10-26. He made only one shot the "entire" 4th quarter when Bogans was directly on him.

And most importantly, in crunch time Bogans stole the ball from Kobe not once but twice.

Yea that was some of the best defense I've seen anyone play against Kobe in a long time.

Yeah, Dooling's offense in the second half and Bogans' defense on Kobe saved us tonight vs. Lakers.

Loving the Bogans/Evans combo on SG with JJ guest appearances becoming a sweet welcome.

I think our SG combo is set. We need more consistent PG play and better output from Rashard who needs to get out of this offensive funk. He is playing way too soft.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Richie Audabato calls him Bogan, Munns and Munns.

Ha.

I heard him say that. I LOL @ it all the time but I don't know what it means. Do you know?