Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

To download, or not to download. That is the question! Time to discuss....

The comments from Gene Simmons crack me up. I like KISS just fine, but I find it hilarious that Gene Simmons is acting the way he is about it.

Gene Simmons is a millionaire. He married a Playboy Playmate. He has a TV show. He is universally recognized and adored, even in makeup. Simmons could give Wilt Chamberlain a run for his money in the "conquest" department.

Having said all that...have you guys seen Gene Simmons? Simmons is uglier than Bea Arther. Simmons's mug could be used to make babies stop hiccuping. If it weren't for music and the record industry, Simmons couldn't get laid at the Honolulu airport.

I think Simmons needs to keep his 8-inch tongue in his mouth for once, take stock of what he has, and start appreciating his life.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

The comments from Gene Simmons crack me up. I like KISS just fine, but I find it hilarious that Gene Simmons is acting the way he is about it.

Gene Simmons is a millionaire. He married a Playboy Playmate. He has a TV show. He is universally recognized and adored, even in makeup. Simmons could give Wilt Chamberlain a run for his money in the "conquest" department.

Having said all that...have you guys seen Gene Simmons? Simmons is uglier than Bea Arther. Simmons's mug could be used to make babies stop hiccuping. If it weren't for music and the record industry, Simmons couldn't get laid at the Honolulu airport.

I think Simmons needs to keep his 8-inch tongue in his mouth for once, take stock of what he has, and start appreciating his life.

Gene Simmons has always and will always be only about the money.

Did you read that he is putting out yet ANOTHER KISS box set? What is this? Number 6?

Not too mention the countless greatest hits albums and other crap.

I like KISS, alot actually, but this guy is a friggin joke.

Wait, here is the list....

Live albums

Alive!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Don't get me started on clear channel. I'll get ulcers.

I don't know if anyone can dislike them as much as I do.

What cracks me up is that even today they still refuses to change the way they do things. You still see bands like Nickleback and Daughtry (what is the difference?) being forced down our throats because they are ready made to be played on CC's middle of the road stations. I swear some of those bands should just carry a rating like they have on video games...E for everyone, MA for Mature, E bands are played on 105.1, MA is played on 101.1. When I travel to other cities I can pretty much guess their entire playlist within the first 5 mins of listening to the station.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

Don't get me started on clear channel. I'll get ulcers.

What cracks me up is that even today they still refuses to change the way they do things. You still see bands like Nickleback and Daughtry (what is the difference?) being forced down our throats because they are ready made to be played on CC's middle of the road stations. I swear some of those bands should just carry a rating like they have on video games...E for everyone, MA for Mature, E bands are played on 105.1, MA is played on 101.1. When I travel to other cities I can pretty much guess their entire playlist within the first 5 mins of listening to the station.

LMAO, the minute Stern left I signed up for Sirius. I would still have it, if I didn't lose signal so often.

Radio is a complete and utter JOKE. They need to make a transmitter that can trasmit internet radio stations to cars instead of the crap they play.

Nickelback

Daughtry

Insert ok 90s alternative song

Linkin Park

Nickelback

Saliva

Nickelback

Insert another ok 90s alternative song

-Crappy DJ talks about absolutely nothing in that RIDICULOUS VOICE that I absolutely want to never ever hear again-

Commercial

Commercial

Commercial

Commercial

Nickelback

UGH

quote:

My job means I travel a lot, and wind up in a lot of different cities, particularly this time of year. I've spent time in Baltimore, Detroit, Kansas City, Burlington, and NYC in the past 2 and a half weeks. I was shocked at the sameness of the radio stations.

I was even more shocked to hear an alternative station in kansas city not owned by clear channel. It was a truly fantastic mix of 80s alt rock pioneers(in 4 hours I heard songs by social distortion, sonic youth and the ubiquitous playing of the Smiths' How Soon is Now?), grunge(Pearl Jam, Nirvana, even Mudhoney's Touch Me, I'm Sick!!!), and more recent fare(Modest Mouse's delectable Missed the Boat, Pearl Jam's Life Wasted). I was shocked to say the least.

It had the feel of a dj playing stuff he liked cause he felt like, and that was ok.

Oh, and I think I just jacked this thread.

quote:

quote:

My job means I travel a lot, and wind up in a lot of different cities, particularly this time of year. I've spent time in Baltimore, Detroit, Kansas City, Burlington, and NYC in the past 2 and a half weeks. I was shocked at the sameness of the radio stations.

I was even more shocked to hear an alternative station in kansas city not owned by clear channel. It was a truly fantastic mix of 80s alt rock pioneers(in 4 hours I heard songs by social distortion, sonic youth and the ubiquitous playing of the Smiths' How Soon is Now?), grunge(Pearl Jam, Nirvana, even Mudhoney's Touch Me, I'm Sick!!!), and more recent fare(Modest Mouse's delectable Missed the Boat, Pearl Jam's Life Wasted). I was shocked to say the least.

It had the feel of a dj playing stuff he liked cause he felt like, and that was ok.

Oh, and I think I just jacked this thread.

If only other stations would get the hint.

I'd even rather listen to one of the stations that play nothing but 80s hair metal.

hey Jareth Cutestory thanx for the hit on my site.

But as for illegal downloading i don't think theres going to ever be a 100% halt on it. Myself as an indie artist i understand where the future of music is going. Many of the old folks in the biz don't care and don't want to adopt to the new technology out there. Honestly if you ask me, i don't care if people download my music. I want people to enjoy and respect me for what i do. NO.... i don't speak for the whole industry out there, but thats my view.

But keep in mind if you really like the artist your downloading why not go to the store and get a real copy of the cd.

just my $0.02

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I still stand by saying iTunes is a horrible service.

I think Itunes is an ok service that has it's problems. It does however do a great job of letting me download unbelievably cheesy 80s one hit wonders that I would never get caught dead buying albums for. For instance, right now I'm listening to the Patrick Swayze hit(yes, that Patrick Swayze) "She's Like the Wind", which is hilariously melodramatic.

What can I say? I like the cheesy 80s pop.

quote:

quote:

I think Itunes is an ok service that has it's problems. It does however do a great job of letting me download unbelievably cheesy 80s one hit wonders that I would never get caught dead buying albums for. For instance, right now I'm listening to the Patrick Swayze hit(yes, that Patrick Swayze) "She's Like the Wind", which is hilariously melodramatic.

you shouldn't have said that.....things like that can come back to hunt you.....its the interweb!!!!

quote:

quote:

I did download "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on iTunes a long time ago.

We all have our moments.