Sign in to follow this  
brownmagic

What trade would you make now?

We are off to a great start and I don't think we will fold like we did last year. However, there definitely is room for improvement. I like our starting 5 and don't think we should tinker with that line up and don't think we need another player to fortify that line up either. The starting 5 have held their own against every team they have played. What has let us down is our second unit. I liked the recent trade where we got an upgrade on Pat Garrity and a more offensive Ariza replica. Do you guys think they are our answer or could we improve this second unit somehow?

In my opinion championship caliber teams have one solid player on the bench.

Spurs : Ginobili

Suns: Barbosa

Mavericks: Jason Terry

While our second unit is strong defensively we lack that offensive spark that seems to be hallmark of these great teams. Dooling has been doing well during the past two games but I feel we are a player away from really sealing our ticket to the finals. What do you think? What kind of trade is possible at this stage?

Couple of names with potential and offense that I had in mind were Monta Ellis (Warriors) and Louis Williams (Sixers). I feel these guys could help our second unit step it up.

We are off to a great start and I don't think we will fold like we did last year. However, there definitely is room for improvement. I like our starting 5 and don't think we should tinker with that line up and don't think we need another player to fortify that line up either. The starting 5 have held their own against every team they have played. What has let us down is our second unit. I liked the recent trade where we got an upgrade on Pat Garrity and a more offensive Ariza replica. Do you guys think they are our answer or could we improve this second unit somehow?

In my opinion championship caliber teams have one solid player on the bench.

Spurs : Ginobili

Suns: Barbosa

Mavericks: Jason Terry

While our second unit is strong defensively we lack that offensive spark that seems to be hallmark of these great teams. Dooling has been doing well during the past two games but I feel we are a player away from really sealing our ticket to the finals. What do you think? What kind of trade is possible at this stage?

Couple of names with potential and offense that I had in mind were Monta Ellis (Warriors) and Louis Williams (Sixers). I feel these guys could help our second unit step it up.

i say a 1st Rounder, 2nd Rounder, and Pat for Dwayne Wade...

MIAMI: this gives Miami 2 picks for the future...(cuz they need to begin to rebuild) and an expiring contract to use on a FA this offseason...

ORLANDO: this gives Orlando a solid SG to backup Keith Bogans...this would solidify our bench, and he would be the #3 scoring option on our 2nd unit, behind Foyle and Arroyo...

makes sense for both teams, right???

The problem is we already have a solid backup in Maurice Evans, so Wade would be a reduced to third string. Also, Pat is a fan favorite, a valuable asset, and an early front runner for MVP.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

The problem is we already have a solid backup in Maurice Evans, so Wade would be a reduced to third string. Also, Pat is a fan favorite, a valuable asset, and an early front runner for MVP.

I'm glad to see that someone is using his common sense for once. Why trade for a subpar SG that wouldn't even sniff the court?

Welcome to the boards, my friend........welcome to the boards.

Why thank you. Should be a fun season; at least the games we can see should be. Glad to see I'm not the only Rick Roll fan.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Why thank you. Should be a fun season; at least the games we can see should be. Glad to see I'm not the only Rick Roll fan.

I think you will fit in here quite nicely....

How do you feel about lolcats?