Sign in to follow this  
OsoTommy

I'm not satisfied with the win. What about you?

Jameer put up 19 shots and that really isn't bad. Furthermore he only average 12 shots a game. The problem that I have with Jameer is his shot selection not the amount of shots that he takes. If he can improve when he takes the shots and when he sets up his teammates he can still be a good pg.

There are alot of very successful point guards out there that take 19 shots on a pretty consistent basis. Even Steve Nash who in my opinion is the best point guard in the league has taken 19 shots several times this year.

MMM..

That's not the way it works...I wish it were.

I'm sorry if I offended you ...

but I have to try to keep the peace as we all do ...

and it's about impossible.

Human nature is to improve ...and we all fall short...so we try harder.

Hope fully we can meet somewheres along the road and agree.

Well he's a pass first shoot second guard, which is great because he has a better jumpshot than Jameer and Carlos combined. The only knock I see with Travis is with his defense, but then again he didn't play that much, so I could be wrong there. He's a little undersized, but hey look at Earl Boykins...

I readily acknowledge that the college game is not the same as the NBA game. That being said, the only thing I base my analysis on is that Travis' four years at Marquette. He and his teammates, including Dwyane Wade, played a fast paced game and had a lot of success. Travis may not be able to save the Magic, but he will inject energy and basketball smarts into the game. He makes everyone around him better which is a great quality to have on a team.

Having thought about it I can say I would be ecstatic over our last game except for the lack of adjustments we get from Bhill. Everything tells me that with the way he coaches a win where Hedo and Jameer let the ball fly means we are going to see them doing the same and unless they all of a sudden get a new found consistency its going to set up some losses we can't afford.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

MMM..

That's not the way it works...I wish it were.

I'm sorry if I offended you ...

but I have to try to keep the peace as we all do ...

and it's about impossible.

Human nature is to improve ...and we all fall short...so we try harder.

Hope fully we can meet somewheres along the road and agree.

What are u talking about Jack? All I want is to know what it is that everyone sees in Travis.

I want to know more about this guy that I have been overlooking an I agree with alot of what these guys are saying.

Life is about learning, and all I am doing is wanting to learn more about Travis.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Having thought about it I can say I would be ecstatic over our last game except for the lack of adjustments we get from Bhill. Everything tells me that with the way he coaches a win where Hedo and Jameer let the ball fly means we are going to see them doing the same and unless they all of a sudden get a new found consistency its going to set up some losses we can't afford.

Well unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done about Napoleon this season. We know he isn't going to change but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a big win. I didn't understand why Hedo was in the game either but it doesn't matter. Brian Hill will cost us more games this season but there is plenty of time to worry about that when it happens.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

It doesn't matter now because there is little chance of the discussion getting back on track. Everyone has made their points so can we let it go already?

Actually I think its doing fine now. Hey some guys get set off by seeing many Arroyo posts I get set off by track records of rudeness. Thats how I'm built. On a bright note Miami seems to be in a little funk. Maybe teams have figured out how to play a Wadeless Miami. If we can get something from everyone within their roles we could go on a nice tear that might even make Miami nervous.

Hey Rich,

Part of what you are seeing with Diener taking so many shots is him being thrust into a dead offense and from what I can gather, being told to shoot and make something happen. If you look at the games he played a couple minutes vs the games he played more than a couple, he is much more pass first oriented.

I will have to agree that him and JJ seem to really enjoy playing together. They do electrify the offense when they are out there together.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I know my fault

What was I thinking, we are just in the thick of a playoff push and even after a win, all u guys do is throw the same crap that we all know and all have said at least once, but we won this game playing good basketball, and with Jameer getting hot late..

You know what I can understand that and if some posters could say it that way without cursing out posters then hey -great. difference of opinion - but getting back to the Bball and not the soap opera some of us see a real problem in the kind of a win where Hedo and Jameer are putting up all those shots. It encourages Bhill to make even less adjustments that will bite us in the rear later on and likewise it encourages the trend to continue withthe players themselves.

I really don't get this on and off switch. When we win we should not talk about the kind of ball being played when we lose we can gripe. Its kind of manic depressive - up and down. Why can't we just be even and look at the issues whether theres a win or a loss? No comprende.

I dont know, we have won so few times, and when we do I like to enjoy until we screw up in the next game.

We really didnt do that bad yesterday, we played like a desperate team, and all the things u keep pointing out didnt really suffice yesterday, maybe a close win like this will wake this team up, who knows....

And I understand looking at the issues yes, but it was the way he came off, like you know the win didnt mean anything to him and he continued to pick apart a very good win.....

The problems are still there yes, and they will still be there and we all know what they are.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Jameer put up 19 shots and that really isn't bad. Furthermore he only average 12 shots a game. The problem that I have with Jameer is his shot selection not the amount of shots that he takes. If he can improve when he takes the shots and when he sets up his teammates he can still be a good pg.

There are alot of very successful point guards out there that take 19 shots on a pretty consistent basis. Even Steve Nash who in my opinion is the best point guard in the league has taken 19 shots several times this year.

This is to address everyone's concern that Jameer takes too many shots.

Jameer averages 11.5 shot attempts per game.

The list below represents the shot attempts of the top 10 assist guys in the league.

S Nash - 13.1

D Williams - 13.9

J Kidd - 11.8

C Paul - 13.7

B Davis - 17.0

TJ Ford - 11.6

A Miller - 11.2

D Wade - 19.6

A Iverson - 21.0

C Billups - 11.6

Unfortunately the days of floor generalship are long gone. Point guards are expected to do more than just distribute the ball, especially on a team like ours that has a shortage of scorers.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Unfortunately the days of floor generalship are long gone. Point guards are expected to do more than just distribute the ball, especially on a team like ours that has a shortage of scorers.

Thats right up there as the most ridiculous analysis I have seen on these boards.. Players like Nash and Kidd ARE floor generals and no one has ever said a PG can't take shots. The days of floor generalship are not anywhere near "long gone".

Besides If Jameer had a habit of looking for the pass no one would be complaining about him. If he moved the ball around and it comes back to his hands like it does for many of those players that would be one thing but Jameer has entire possessions where once the ball goes into his hand he does not even look for another player. He starts the dribble and then the drive and is nowhere as proficient at drawing the double and threading the needle to another player the way Wade does.

The problem with the assist list is that Jameer is not on it. Top ten? Try number 50. So yes. He takes too many shots. Within the offense which he is supposed to run he doesn't get the ball at the right spot to get assists or set up the only All star on his team properly. Thats why he takes too many shots. Its not a fixed number. Its within the offense he is supposed to run and the assists he needs to create.

The comparison of Jameer to Nash, Wade, Iverson even J Kidd or C Paul is ridiculous and we haven't even touched the assist to turnover ratio.