Sign in to follow this  
MagicFan12

JJ Redick

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Wow, JJ just got compared to Jerry West and I am completely speachless. No I'm not that's a lie. You need to calm down with the comparisons to a hall of famer. I like JJ but lets see if can be a consistent starter before we compare him to the guy that the league used for the NBA logo.

I would be in favor of JJ starting this season but that won't happen barring injuries so I'll talk about next year. Hopefully Dooling will opt out of his contract (for salary cap purposes and to free up his spot) and it wouldn't shock me if Bogans is traded also. If we go after Carter then both Bogans and Hedo might be part of a sign and trade to the Nets. That would put Carter as the starter and JJ as his backup. Carter could even slide over to the 3 and JJ can play the 2 at the same time. That would be a hard lineup to guard.

Read between the lines i was comparing their styles not their careers. You know how people say Oden is the next Bill Russell type deal?But it wasnt even to that extreme, and yes i do think JJ would be an even great player if he did play in that era that West played in as a 6'4 1/2" guard, which was taller than it is today, with that type of shooting ability...But you can also say the same about any other player today like kobe, lebron, d-wade, steve nash, etc. if they played in that era also. Heck, if Kobe played in that era he couldve scored 120 pts!

I quit...of thinking redick will get a chance to play the minutes..

At the start of the conference he is a doubt start since he is injured..

When he is ready to play.... Magic is on the roll.. and Orlando seems would not like to distrupt the flow.. why not fixed win it is not broke attitude....

When Orlando start to fall like a fallenstar I'll though redick will be in the rotation,, but in only add little minute to his playing time considering the series of injuries...

And now it goe again.. 3 straight game redick not playing a single minute...

What the hell, hill is doing

There are a couple things bugging me recently, but JJ's lack of playing time is driving me insane. Why would you start Turk, who has been playing poorly the whole season thus far, and leave JJ on the bench? Move Hill to SF and start JJ...or at least put him in. Why is Dooling getting so much time since getting back from the DL? This season, Dooling is averaging 8.3 points and 1.5 assists while shooting .410 from the field and .325 from the beyond the arc in 22.7 minutes. Now, JJ is averaging 6.2 points and .9 assists while shooting .416 from the field and .408 from beyond the arc in 15.6 minutes. JJ is avering a little lower numbers than Dooling in (on average) about 7 minutes less time. STOP PLAYING DOOLING SO MUCH. Now that Trevor is back and playing excellent defense, we really dont need to depend on Dooling so much, especially since JJ has been playing pretty good defense. STOP PLAYING TURK SO MUCH, TOO. His play has been terrible. Despite having his highest point average of his career so far, he also is avering the lowest FG% and second lowest 3-point% of his carrer so far. Maybe Travis should get to play a little, too!

i agree totally with season but this will not happen until brian hill is gone. i am sure he thinks he is doing the right thing unfortunely he does not have the foresight or desire to make a change. this is the reason we need a coaching change. we should adapt our game plan to the talent as most all nba teams do and not to the coaches talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jacklj

Something's not right here. I mean why not play him. Could it be that JJ is so frustrated that he is tanking it during practice. One thing always stands out and it's the comment he made abouth how "they are still paying me". Seems to me like he and Hill just don't get along and JJ probably doesn't hide that fact. I think he's just waiting to move on to another team cause he's given up hope here.

quote:
Hill & Smith have been quoted as stating that its "too bad for J.J." that he got drafted by a team that has "so much talent ahead of him at his position." Why did they draft him then? If they had so much talent already?

J.J. was drafted because the Magic had to assume Grant Hill wouldn't be healthy.

Patience. I am less worried about JJ than I would be another player. Sooner or later pure shooters are put into a position where they can make a name for themselves with less than 3 seconds to go. Nail that 3 the world is yours and the pressure increases to the point of no return to put him in.

Only question is -will JJ be ready when that moment comes? or as cold as ice?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Hill & Smith have been quoted as stating that its "too bad for J.J." that he got drafted by a team that has "so much talent ahead of him at his position." Why did they draft him then? If they had so much talent already?

J.J. was drafted because the Magic had to assume Grant Hill wouldn't be healthy.

Your right they did draft him for that reason and Grant Hill isnt healthy! He has poor mobility and his defense is struggeling. I actually think JJ could put up better numbers and be better on defense than GHill. And whats the only reason JJ is not playing, because Ghill is a veteran not because he helps the team win. If we had a coach that wanted this team to win I think we all know the lineup and substitutions would be drastically different. Instead he wants to prove a point and not start JJ because he is a rookie. DUMB thinking to me!

Brian Hill, where has your common sense gone? (not like you ever had any)

So what if JJ isn't as good defensively as Ariza? JJ's defense is underrated, he actually stays with his man closer than either Arroyo and Jameer, and those two can't stop anyone so don't be a girly man Brian Hill, put JJ in and he'll double the scoring you're guetting from the guard position.

One has to consider JJ is a guy who's used to starting and touching the ball, it's very hard to come in and start making shots constantly in this role. Besides, he's a rookie. Brian is killing the poor kid (and killing the team as well).