Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Hard Thought: Trade Trevor?

I like the Artest suggestion. Wouldn't mind David Lee or Hakim Warrick. We need another big, and Ariza doesn't seem to be in Van Gundys plans. I don't see how Redick is ever going to get playing time, the way things are going. What's the point of having him sit on the bench? Might as well trade him. Ariza and Redick for Artest. We would have a hell of a front line with him.

none of those...dont trade Airiza for NOTHIN...NO ONE...VERY few people should be traded for Airiza...

see, Artest would be instant gratification...not long term...and this team is set for long term, not now...so i would only trade for stars of the future like:

Chris Paul...

Luol Deng...

Gerald Wallace...

and not many others...

THATS how serious i am about Airiza...i said it THE DAY WE TRADED FOR FRANCIS, that i was soooo pumped that we got him, because he would be a star...and since he's played here, ive come to realize even more so that he will DEFINITELY be a star...

if we give him up...i will officially start HATING Otis...i'm not his biggest supporter necessarily, but i dont hate the moves he's made...

but if we trade Airiza...i will definitely have some issues with him...because he WILL be a star (if he gets some PT)...

and if he doesnt get some PT soon, he will be leaving us this offseason...you'll see...

AND he'll get some big time $$$ cuz teams know how good he can be...except for SVG...apparently...

but, as much as i hate to say it, i can totally see him playing for Phoenix...i dont know what their cap situation will be this offseason, but he would fit like a glove...

okay...im done with my rant about how great Airiza will be...

and one more thing...now, im probably gonna get chewed out for this...BUT...

i say...if we have to trade someone on this team, we trade Turk...why??? cuz Turk is as hot as anyone right now, and when someones hot, its the best time to trade him...cuz lets remember, Turk has been this hot before, but he always cools off...so whats different now that he wont cool down this year???

i say trade Turk and Arroyo and maybe Pat (and maybe a pick, if needed) for Artest and Shareef...

it would make us an instant contender no doubt...

So....Pat, you DON'T want to trade Ariza; but will only do so if we're targeting franchise players like Chris Paul, Deng, or Gerald Wallace?

LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

So....Pat, you DON'T want to trade Ariza; but will only do so if we're targeting franchise players like Chris Paul, Deng, or Gerald Wallace?

LOL.

now obviously there are some others...(and dont forget, i was only reffering to stars of the future...)

but yes...and also, i wouldnt JUST trade Airiza for those guys, we'd obviously have to include some others to get a deal like that done...

but yeah, thats how good Airiza will be...you will see...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

LOL.

now obviously there are some others...(and dont forget, i was only reffering to stars of the future...)

but yes...and also, i wouldnt JUST trade Airiza for those guys, we'd obviously have to include some others to get a deal like that done...

but yeah, thats how good Airiza will be...you will see...

You very well could be right, but I fail to understand how you dont see that he will never get to that level on this team. He has Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu ahead of him in the rotation. I've said it a billion times that Ariza is one of my favorite players on this team, but he just doesn't fit. We unfortunately have 3 SFs that deserve alot of playing time, 2 of which have proven that they can handle the minutes with great success.

Ariza WILL be a great player, but his peak is just too far out in my opinion. IF (big if) he gets traded, he will still be one of my favorite players and I will love to watch him develop his game to all star status.

As our team motto states this year... The Time Is Now... we dont have time to wait for Arizas potential.

I would LOVE to keep Ariza on this team for our long term success, but just dont see it as a possibility as he will be a restricted free agent next summer. In a perfect world, we will find a way to package Arroyo/Garrity/JJ/Draft Picks to find a servicable big, but we dont live in a perfect world. We have an oppurtunity to find our starting PF for the next few years, and it would come at the price of our third string SF (yes, thats what Ariza is right now).

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

and one more thing...now, im probably gonna get chewed out for this...BUT...

i say...if we have to trade someone on this team, we trade Turk...why??? cuz Turk is as hot as anyone right now, and when someones hot, its the best time to trade him...cuz lets remember, Turk has been this hot before, but he always cools off...so whats different now that he wont cool down this year???

i say trade Turk and Arroyo and maybe Pat (and maybe a pick, if needed) for Artest and Shareef...

it would make us an instant contender no doubt...

I disagree completely... Hedo played consistently well at the end of '05-06 when he averaged 18.7 PPG over the final 20 games (after Brian Hill threw away the playbook). Hedo is easily the most underrated player in the NBA, and the most versatile player on our team. Not only will he give you about 17 PPG, he can pretty much do it all on offense: shoot, post up, dribble, drive, make plays, etc. He's an excellent player, and at a bargain price too.

Just my opinion...BUT:

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I disagree completely... Hedo played consistently well at the end (my point exactly...not a whole season...) of '05-06 when he averaged 18.7 PPG over the final 20 games (after Brian Hill threw away the playbook). Hedo is easily the most underrated player in the NBA (i can think of MANY other guys who are more underrated than Turk...Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby, Al Jefferson, Jason Kidd(IMO, best PG in the game...forget that blasted Canadian), Andre Iguodala, Kobe...just kidding...and many, many, MANYYYY more...), and the most versatile player on our team. Not only will he give you about 17 PPG, he can pretty much do it all on offense: shoot, post up, dribble, drive, make plays, etc. He's an excellent player, and at a bargain price too. (Now THAT is completely true)

now, all my arguements against Turk make it sound like i dont like the guy...i really do like Turk...i'm just trying to explain that i think we should trade him while hes hot...thats all...

I wouldn't want to get rid of Trevor. We NEED a good wing defender for all those premier SG's in this league.

Bogans ain't doing it; Dooling ain't doing it.

We need a big, but Garrity, Bogans, Dooling, and Redick (as much as I LOVE Redick) would be better for our team to trade than Trevor.

It's not everyday you get a good wing defender like a Bruce Bowen, in this league. Not to mention his hustle and offense rebounding capabilities are unmatched.

Ariza is my favorite player on the magic. But if we're not going to play him. TRADE HIM! He can land something valuable. If we don't trade him now. He is just going to leave in the off-season. Trade all our expirings too.