Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Hard Thought: Trade Trevor?

I would absolutely not trade Trevor.

We can move Arroyo, try to move Garrity - can't we get someone for Arroyo?

I don't like trading away an up and coming future star - we have lost way too many good players - Trevor is way too talented, but he isn't getting playing time.

Trevor cant shoot, and if he is goingto be a star he needs to be able to shoot the ball. He is one of the best slashers yes, but if he cant shoot he wont fit in here.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Trevor cant shoot, and if he is goingto be a star he needs to be able to shoot the ball. He is one of the best slashers yes, but if he cant shoot he wont fit in here.

rich, he hasn't gotten the chance to prove that he can shoot. When the coach puts you in the game for only a few minutes, he expects you to make the most of it. Last season he was beginning to come on to his jump shot, before he got injured. This guy is way too talented to keep on the bench. He and JJ need to be the first ones off the bench, and Trevor needs to receive at least 25 minutes a game. What does Garrity bring? If he isn't making his jumpshots, then he's a liability on both sides of the court, and at least Trevor can rebound and finish in the break.

I think we are showcasing Pat for a trade. If not, SVG is out of his mind. As for Trev, even in slashing last night he looked tentative and off. Hear me clearly, I don't want to give him up for an average player. I would only trade him for another promising stud who plays another position.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I think we are showcasing Pat for a trade. If not, SVG is out of his mind. As for Trev, even in slashing last night he looked tentative and off. Hear me clearly, I don't want to give him up for an average player. I would only trade him for another promising stud who plays another position.

Well, now that we've found out that Garrity's solid play in the preseason was just in illusion, we can sit him down and play Trevor more. Of course he looked a bit tentative, he's been receiving almost no playing time! Kind of like when B. Hill played JJ during the final quarter during a close game and expected him to produce.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Well, now that we've found out that Garrity's solid play in the preseason was just in illusion, we can sit him down and play Trevor more. Of course he looked a bit tentative, he's been receiving almost no playing time! Kind of like when B. Hill played JJ during the final quarter during a close game and expected him to produce.

Agree, but we have 2 SFs ahead of Trevor. Any thoughts to the specific names mentioned earlier in the thread?

Since I think that Arroyo's,Trevor and JJ time has come(nobody believed me when I said the same of Darko, back when Otis was denying this), I will repost my comments from another post.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

My gut feeling is that JJ will be traded out together with Arroyo, Garrity and yes, Ariza for the mythical big man the Magic need. Arroyo was initially given some time to show his potential, but when Jameer signed he was asuured the starting position. JJ will never be a starter in the NBA, to no avail of his college record. Ariza like Carlos has had 3 -4 years to prove himself and his shot has not improved.

Carlos has been showcased to attract bidders and since the signing of Jameer his doom was sealed, but Otis needs to offer more to get the big guy he needs. Arizas body language on the court reflects that he senses this. Garrity maybe kept for insurance at the 3 pt range, unless somebody really wants him.LOL

Garrity is the life of this forum and funny as hell. As much as he's holding a roster spot that we could use to add that one better player, I wouldn't...the guy is funny man.

Wow, we wanna trade players already.....that was fast.

quote:

Since I think that Arroyo's,Trevor and JJ time has come(nobody believed me when I said the same of Darko, back when Otis was denying this), I will repost my comments from another post.

quote:

My gut feeling is that JJ will be traded out together with Arroyo, Garrity and yes, Ariza for the mythical big man the Magic need. Arroyo was initially given some time to show his potential, but when Jameer signed he was asuured the starting position. JJ will never be a starter in the NBA, to no avail of his college record. Ariza like Carlos has had 3 -4 years to prove himself and his shot has not improved.

Carlos has been showcased to attract bidders and since the signing of Jameer his doom was sealed, but Otis needs to offer more to get the big guy he needs. Arizas body language on the court reflects that he senses this. Garrity maybe kept for insurance at the 3 pt range, unless somebody really wants him.LOL

Agree though I believe Otis would love to move Pat. Did you hear Otis at all concerned that Pat was getting no pt over the last couple of years? Man, a trade to Sacramento makes sense for both teams.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Garrity is the life of this forum and funny as hell. As much as he's holding a roster spot that we could use to add that one better player, I wouldn't...the guy is funny man.

Like last year, Otis has a lopsided roster. Foyle should be our 4th big. Instead he is our 2nd true big. Not good.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Like last year, Otis has a lopsided roster. Foyle should be our 4th big. Instead he is our 2nd true big. Not good.

To be serious, I want Garrity out. I thought the starting lineup would look something like this:

Nelson

Bogans

Lewis

Foyle

Dwight

A strong starting lineup indeed because Foyle is better than Battie or is he?! Well, they could be rotated. but..instead we have to SF in the lineup..out of position once again but no matter what, all our forwards would eventually be playing out of position.

Arroyo

Redick/Dooling

Ariza

Turkoglu

Battie

That lineup feels..vaguely weak. Maybe thats why Foyle should be in the second line. Gortat and Augustine must step up.

My lineups feel sort of ridiculous. I must think more. We have too many guns and Stan Van Gundy still attempting to try and organize them is going to be difficult. I'll see how this plays out when the tenth game comes along.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree though I believe Otis would love to move Pat. Did you hear Otis at all concerned that Pat was getting no pt over the last couple of years? Man, a trade to Sacramento makes sense for both teams.

Yes they do have the big bodies that produce as well! I would shoot for Ron Ron first, than Abdul-Rahim, we have the peices that make sense for both sides. I really hope we don't try to give up to much of our future to make this happen. Carlos, Garitty, and/or JJ maybe Trevor but not both, and through in a 2nd round consideration in 09-10 season!