Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Hard Thought: Trade Trevor?

Although I want to trade Carlos, Trevor probably has the most value as a non-starter. With him I believe we could get a very promising (and proven) PF:

1. David Lee--He would be great and NY is set at PF and C. Zeke loves Trevor.

2. Channing Frye--They need a SF and Frye has little future at PF in Portland.

3. Zaza--Is he worth Trevor???

4. Craig Smith--A young banger who is one of many youngs in MN.

5. Ronny Turiaf--A young banger in LA.

6. Hakim Warrick--Losing pt in Memphis b/c of Darko.

7. Others?

I know some of us hate the thought of trading Trevor, but he could get as a possible young starting big to add to our "core." Thoughts or other names?

Although I want to trade Carlos, Trevor probably has the most value as a non-starter. With him I believe we could get a very promising (and proven) PF:

1. David Lee--He would be great and NY is set at PF and C. Zeke loves Trevor.

2. Channing Frye--They need a SF and Frye has little future at PF in Portland.

3. Zaza--Is he worth Trevor???

4. Craig Smith--A young banger who is one of many youngs in MN.

5. Ronny Turiaf--A young banger in LA.

6. Hakim Warrick--Losing pt in Memphis b/c of Darko.

7. Others?

I know some of us hate the thought of trading Trevor, but he could get as a possible young starting big to add to our "core." Thoughts or other names?

I'll throw another name into the mix ... Ron Artest. Yes, the whack job. On the court, he is tha absolute perfect fit for our team. At 6'7'' and 246 lbs, he could bang as a smaller PF like he did in IN. He is a nasty defender, a good rebounder, and a great shooter. I believe they would trade him for Trevor and Los. They need a PG and a future SF. We need some nasty and a PF. Hmmm.

I understand your way of thinking but Trevor would be the last person I would trade because of his defense.

but if there's something going on cause I know he wanted to start this season then he would have to go.

The team comes first.

Can you imagine Artest on this team? I believe that would truly put us in the mix for the championship. We would be a match-up nightmare with Hedo, Rashard, Artest and Dwight. Unfortunately, I don't believe management and ownership has the marbles to do it.

David Lee is the only one on that list I would give up Trevor for. I still think he has a hell of a future and will eventually get that jumper worked out.

Remember he should be a senior in college right now, so he still has another 3-4 years before he hits his true potential. Also he is very good friends with Dwight and gets along well in the locker room.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

The thing is that Trevkr doesnt seem to fit in the teams plans. So maybe we should trade him

Exactly the way I think. I dig Trevor...and I think he could benefit the team. But, I don't want him to rot on the end of the bench and walk for nothing if we're looking for something else. Its apparent that depth is the new way to go in the league, and if we have a chance to acquire some depth that our coach wants to fit into his plans, by all means.

I'm quickly losing faith in Stan for playing Garrity over Trevor or JJ, but mainly Trevor. This guy should be getting at least 25-30 minutes per game. He's part of our core! We were thinking about him starting over Turk earlier in the off-season and now he isn't even getting minutes!

The only way he's going to develop is with playing time, and I still can't believe he's getting almost none. Last night he probably shot the three because Stan told him to, but that's not his game. If he can hit the mid-range jumper, that's enough for me. Get with the program, Stan!