Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD *** Wizards vs. Magic...Nov. 3rd

Jameer played more solid than you guys are giving him credit for, especially flying in for rebounds in the 4th and hitting his free throws.

I think people WOULD be just happy with Ariza being a part of the 2nd unit, right now he wasn't getting any PT at all through the first 2 and a half games.

Thank goodness SVG woke up and put Ariza in in the second half. The reason the bench sucks right now is a. the wrong bench guys are playing and b. because if SVG's gonna play a tight rotation, then he needs to have either Dwight or Rashard out there at all times.

Isn't that what we're paying Rashard so much money for? To stop our scoring droughts??

Hopefully by the end of the month SVG will realize which of his players deserve playing time, and which just flat out don't unless there's an injury.

What an ugly win for us tonight. I guess the Box Score doesn't care. Ugly or not at least we won.

Speaking of topic but related. Is incredible that a 3rd PG string is playing better than all of our pg's. JJ Barea that is yesterday he played just 9minutes and score 10pts. Today, Devin Harris out and he start. Look at this he have 17pts, 4ast 1reb 3to(2of them where because teammate missing the passes) 1stl. And he is a 5-11pg! Almost forgot, there is a half still to play!

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

the wiz media was just talking about how good bogans and nelson d was this game. they did a great job on agent 0.

Bogans yes, nelson no way. Gilbert walked into arenas and sent him sliding across the court. Point - Jameer will have his nights OCCASIONALLY but will get destroyed due to his lack of size EVERY game. Besides Gilbert did't look like himself at all, hardly penetrated and got to the line. Yes, part of it was due to defense but defense can only slow down a great player that much. Gilbert looked slow.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

What an ugly win for us tonight. I guess the Box Score doesn't care. Ugly or not at least we won.

Speaking of topic but related. Is incredible that a 3rd PG string is playing better than all of our pg's. JJ Barea that is yesterday he played just 9minutes and score 10pts. Today, Devin Harris out and he start. Look at this he have 17pts, 4ast 1reb 3to(2of them where because teammate missing the passes) 1stl. And he is a 5-11pg! Almost forgot, there is a half still to play!

I have been watching barea's stats every game during the world games and in pre season. Barea is looking good. Better than arroyo ever looked during a stretch in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Jameer played more solid than you guys are giving him credit for, especially flying in for rebounds in the 4th and hitting his free throws.

I think people WOULD be just happy with Ariza being a part of the 2nd unit, right now he wasn't getting any PT at all through the first 2 and a half games.

Thank goodness SVG woke up and put Ariza in in the second half. The reason the bench sucks right now is a. the wrong bench guys are playing and b. because if SVG's gonna play a tight rotation, then he needs to have either Dwight or Rashard out there at all times.

Isn't that what we're paying Rashard so much money for? To stop our scoring droughts??

Hopefully by the end of the month SVG will realize which of his players deserve playing time, and which just flat out don't unless there's an injury.

SOLID?

let see 7reb and important 3's and what else...3to 2ast(.67ast/to ratio). That's not solid friend. Also shoots 29% from the floor. Yes he help us in the right moment but that's not a solid game. Don't put caramel over that.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

meer played real good D.

Giblert got like no good looks.

I agree that Jameer had a decent game (not great, but not as bad as some people are making it out to be), but Arenas definately wasn't himself. It may sound like I'm contradicting myself by defending Jameer one moment and saying this the next, but Arenas performed sub-par mostly due to coming off an injury. Give him time to get his flow back and he'll be back to his old self again.

quote:
Originally posted by brownmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

the wiz media was just talking about how good bogans and nelson d was this game. they did a great job on agent 0.

Bogans yes, nelson no way. Gilbert walked into arenas and sent him sliding across the court. Point - Jameer will have his nights OCCASIONALLY but will get destroyed due to his lack of size EVERY game. Besides Gilbert did't look like himself at all, hardly penetrated and got to the line. Yes, part of it was due to defense but defense can only slow down a great player that much. Gilbert looked slow.

i thought nelson did a very good job of staying in front of agent 0.

but like i said the "wiz" media was the ones who said how good nelson and bogans did on d. i just repeated it and agree.

this was one of those games that our three was not falling consistently but we still pulled it out. good job team.

NBA RECAP;

Turkoglu leads Magic past Wizards; Washington 0-3 for 1st time since '92

By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Sports Writer

WASHINGTON(AP) "Patience!!!'' was written in all capital letters and underlined three times on a grease board in the Washington Wizards' locker room before their home opener against the Orlando Magic.

It was meant to be an instruction for how to play at the offensive end. It might as well have been a warning for basketball fans in the nation's capital.

Gilbert Arenas was limited to 10 points as Washington's woes continued, and Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu scored 13 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, leading the Magic to a 94-82 victory over the Wizards, who are 0-3 for the first time since 1992.

Washington led 67-64 entering the fourth quarter but shot 5-for-25 the rest of the way.

Copyright 2007 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20071103/ORLWAS/recap.html