Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

POST GAME REACTION THREAD***Nets vs MAGIC

We obviously very much need this win very badly right now, that would put us into 7th, and would just maybe give us a spark to get consecutive wins. Especially in the games with east.

This is the first of "to be or not to be" games, I expect Brian Hill to play it safe (the BHill way) so expect lot of minutes for Tony, Hedo, Keyon and even Pat. Even if they suck from the start, of course.

Darko, Trevor and JJ (not even going to mention Travis) will be there - watching

Scouting Report - Tim Povtak...Orlando Sentinel

Nets at Magic, 7

WHERE: Amway Arena.

RECORDS: Magic 31-38; Nets 31-37.

BROADCAST: TV -- Sun Sports; Radio -- 580 AM (WDBO); Spanish-language, 1030 AM (WONQ).

MAGIC UPDATE: Starting F Tony Battie didn't practice Thursday because of the slight ankle sprain he sustained Wednesday in Toronto. Coach Brian Hill said he is questionable for tonight, but hopeful he can play. . . . The Magic continue to struggle, but they remain in the thick of the race for one of the final two playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. They haven't won two consecutive games since seven weeks ago when they beat the Bucks and the Nets.

NETS UPDATE: Richard Jefferson is back after missing a good portion of the season because of surgery to remove bone spurs from his right ankle. He gives the Nets a third scoring option with Vince Carter and Jason Kidd. . . . Kidd already has 10 triple-doubles this season, and he will be vastly improved from the last game he played in Orlando when he had no points and five turnovers.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: This game should show if either of the two teams really wants to be in the playoffs. Watch for the defensive intensity. It will be a good indicator. The Magic will try and use their inside game to dominate, while the Nets will focus on their perimeter scorers. If the Nets win this one, they also win the tiebreaker with the Magic, which could be important in a close race for the playoff spot.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

Question.... when D. Howard is not making his free throws and the game is TIGHT in final minutes, why does B.Hill leave him in to be fouled (which he definitely will be!)... I think decisions of the Coach make a big difference!! GO MAGIC

Because a foul is a foul - it counts against the other team's total. The hack-a-Shaq rule come into effect, too. Basically, if Howard can put the other team in the penalty, it benefits the team, even if Howard isn't exactly automatic from the line.

The better question regarding tonight's game is this: are the Nets going to have any stars out? Because if they do, the Magic will tank the game, if history has anything to say about it. Lead scorer out? Don't worry! The Magic will make some tenth-string towel-boy an all-star for the night.

woo. hoo.

We need Dwight and Darko to have big games tonight. Watch the refs to see how they call the game early. If they reward Mikki (Mr. Flop) Moore whose only method of defending good post players is to fall over and hope for an offensive foul to be called. It will be a long night for us and Dwight.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

The better question regarding tonight's game is this: are the Nets going to have any stars out? Because if they do, the Magic will tank the game, if history has anything to say about it. Lead scorer out? Don't worry! The Magic will make some tenth-string towel-boy an all-star for the night.

Well said.

Does B. Hill looks at statistics? I don't think so. Look at our best 5 men floor units:

Nelson-Bogans-Hill-Battie-Howard 85.7 Win% (played only 33 min)

Arroyo-Dooling-Ariza-Outlaw-Milicic 71.4 Win% (only 32 min)

Nelson-Ariza-Hill-Turkoglu-Howard 66.6 Win% (only 30 min)

Arroyo-Dooling-Ariza-Milicic-Howard 64.7 (only 58 min)

Yet the ones with the more minutes are:

Nelson-Hill-Turkoglu-Battie-Howard 47 win% (514 min)

Nelson-Hill-Turkoglu-Milicic-Howard 46.4 win% (196 min)

Maybe they need somebody to look at this stuff.

Well I will be looking at the first 5 minutes of the game. Those have been the most critical, because it dictates the way the team is going to perform the rest of the night. I will also be paying close attention to how the game is going to be called, since we are the Magic.... and dont live in LA or San Antonio or Miami.

I think we need to start a winning streak tonight and keep it going for atleast 5 games or so.... Although im hoping for more.

Go Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Well I will be looking at the first 5 minutes of the game. Those have been the most critical, because it dictates the way the team is going to perform the rest of the night. I will also be paying close attention to how the game is going to be called, since we are the Magic.... and dont live in LA or San Antonio or Miami.

I think we need to start a winning streak tonight and keep it going for atleast 5 games or so.... Although im hoping for more.

Go Magic.

Dream on.....