Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

"Bid to halt sports venues could fall short of goal" -Sentinel

How bout dem' apples?

quote:
Hotelier Harris Rosen's petition drive is a flop so far, and time is running out for the millionaire businessman to put a downtown sports-venue referendum to voters on the Jan. 29 ballot.

Rosen wants to stop or delay construction of the $480 million Orlando Magic arena and $175 million in Florida Citrus Bowl upgrades that Orlando and Orange County leaders approved in July. The International Drive hotel magnate says voters should have a say on such costly projects.

But his anti-venue strategy calls for pushing the issue to voters fast, before Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty endorse huge project contracts and loans.

Note: The October 31st deadline was self imposed by Rosen, so we are not out of the woods yet...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-ve...oll=orl_tab01_layout

How bout dem' apples?

quote:
Hotelier Harris Rosen's petition drive is a flop so far, and time is running out for the millionaire businessman to put a downtown sports-venue referendum to voters on the Jan. 29 ballot.

Rosen wants to stop or delay construction of the $480 million Orlando Magic arena and $175 million in Florida Citrus Bowl upgrades that Orlando and Orange County leaders approved in July. The International Drive hotel magnate says voters should have a say on such costly projects.

But his anti-venue strategy calls for pushing the issue to voters fast, before Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty endorse huge project contracts and loans.

Note: The October 31st deadline was self imposed by Rosen, so we are not out of the woods yet...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-ve...oll=orl_tab01_layout

I read this earlier on the Sentinel's site....doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Glad to see that there is nothing new to report.

Hopefully we won't hear from him for awhile.

Oh, and I loved the Segal quote! If Segal can say that to the Sentinel, I guess I don't have to worry about Rosen being offended by how hard I went at him.

I was surprised that Rosen didn't do a direct mailing or put more dollars into it. Thats why they are falling as short as they are. I'm still scared... I won't be satisfied until we play our first home game in the new place...

quote:
Wednesday was Rosen's self-imposed deadline to turn in the about 31,000 petitions needed to get a referendum to the ballot. But so far, only 1,215 have been certified

Man that is just a pitiful number, I think Rosen has more employee's than that.

He is just sad, sad man and needs to give up on this before he embarasses himself any further.

Rosen is an embarressment to the human race. You should read the self-serving articles he has posted on the petition site. It makes me want to throw up everything I have ever eaten.

well i think he does have a good bit more signatures than that,but thats the number that has been certified up to now,but still he is a long way from his goal,but im sure he will still try some sort of legal action that will fail because the vote ALREADY happened legally