Sign in to follow this  
magicdepth

Let the board VOTE! Should the board return back to the way it was?

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Why have another section for articles and the 3 or 4 paragraph rule if hardly no one is going to click on them ...

Especially new viewers. Good point, and Rock should be concerned about that for sure.

Guys, you can't take the articles out completely because that's where we get our facts and information to discuss the team. I'm much more interested in gaining factual information about the team first. Then conversation with forum members second.

Just set a rule about posting redundant material. We need fresh news or this place will get old quick. The media is our source for that.

I know that Junkie just trying to make a point...

Of course we could always leave it this way ...

Read the article and put it in our own words with a different title and post it in the forums ...

The writers do that all the time, Hence the articles being redundant.

I'll give you an example.

I don't want to sound like an all too important cog in this ever evolving machine, but...

I don't like the new layout AT ALL. I have too many things going on in my day (posting while at work - posting while fending off the wife because of dinner reservations, etc).

It is a complete waste of time to bounce back and forth between forums. I have been at the office now for over a hour and I am just now composing my first post, mostly out of frustration because it has taken me over an hour to locate and read a half dozen small threads.

Judging by the drastic decline in member participation in the last few days, the new system doesn't seem to work well. Can we please, and I do mean this sincerely, go back to posting anything pertinent to the Magic in one forum? It is so much more convenient and less time consuming.

PS. I can't even imagine how clumsy it is for the members that are constantly posting content & links.

I was willing to give the Links section a try but I must admit that I don't like it either. It has drained the main boards of all good conversations and potentially good threads remain almost inactive in the Links section. I don't think the new system is working that well.

The links section would never have been a thought if we didn't have a bunch of threads that were just separate articles on the same subject being posted.

Contributing to the forum means adding your personal input, if that means commenting on a piece of an article, great, just post the part of the article and the link to it within the first topic dealing with it.

Rock is looking into which is the best way to do things. Right now whether we have 4 topics in 1 forum discussing the same thing or 2 topics in one forum and 2 in another, it's still confusing.

I liked it better the way it was. While I don't post a lot, I do come here a lot. I've been a member for about a year and 10 months and don't go more than 3 days without reading over most topics. I personally rather get all my info in one place.

Yeah, me too. I work till 4 today and hardly anyone is on. What the heck is up with this? I'll even settle for the made up articles right about now.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I just hope that this can be resolved quickly so that we can get back to talking basketball. It's ruining my day at work to actually...well, have to work.

I hope so too. I get a little sick of people worrying about post count at the expense of eveyone else's enjoyment of the board.

Curious: What does this have to do with post count? Is that what this whole issue revolves around?

Who's the culprit? I will personally give them a Smack Down for ruining my enjoyment of the boards.