Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Scartissue:

I called brighthouse this morning and the lady basically told me that everything was FSN's fault and I should call them and complain. I told her that I don't write them a check every month for 90$ so what they do is none of my concern...I think the more we keep bothering these people and letting them know how we feel something will get done!

Sorry, I see don't see it being FSN's fault. They bought the rights to Magic games fully expecting fans to do exactly what we are doing right now. Throw a fit until the cable company caves.

Cable tv channels have been doing that since MTV and their "I want my MTV" promotion in the 80's urging fans to call and complain.

If Brighthouse did not carry FSN anywhere else on their basic package they would have a case. But the fact is Orlando is the only region that does NOT have FSN on their basic package.

I also blame the Magic for having no contingency plan and basicly waiting until the eleventh hour to get involved. Now the same fans that faithfully called, emailed and attended meetings to get the commisioners to approve their arena are left out in the cold.

Brighthouse can pass the blame all they want, but we are only demanding what the rest of florida already recieves.

I dont think there is a better way to put this answer any better then you did bhnole.

I nominate this for best reply of the year.

This is odd. I'm checking out direct tv since most of you are talking about it. Well, I went to local sport and put in my zip code (32114). This is what came up.

The 32114 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package:

Sun Sports (Ch. 632)

Florida Marlins

Orlando Magic (HD Available)

Tampa Bay Lightning (HD Available)

FSN Florida (Ch. 634)

Florida Marlins

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Teams and ZIP Codes are subject to change. Blackout restrictions apply to regional sports networks. To view games of other pro teams (out-of-market) requires the purchase of professional sports packages sold separately.

In some markets, a five LNB Dish and H20 or HR20 model DIRECTV HD Receiver are needed to receive HD local networks delivered by DIRECTV. This equipment is required to receive HD games from the RSNs.

Check another ZIP Code:

My point being, why no magic games under FSN Florida?

im in clearwater and this morning on FSN FL on the cable box said panthers game, but i just checked it now and it said to be anounced, dont know what it could mean, but i hope is the orlando magics game....

dont buy the leage pass u cant give up that easy i thought the same thing too but now i said im gonna keep fighting, also found this on the FSN website,

Q: I want FSN Florida, but my cable company is not providing it. What can I do?

A: The most important thing you can do is tell your cable provider that you want FSN Florida on basic cable and recruit your friends to do the same. Call them and tell them you want FSN Florida on expanded basic cable.

Cable companies have told us they gauge interest partially by the feedback they receive from their customers. So as a customer, you should call them and let them know your interest in receiving the network.

Q: I have FSN Florida but I'm not seeing Orlando Magic games. Why?

A: If you are not seeing an Orlando Magic game scheduled on FSN Florida and your cable provider carries FSN Florida, your provider has not, at present, entered into an agreement with FSN Florida to provide its customers with the package of 35 Orlando Magic games made available to them on the network this season.

As is customary, cable and satellite system affiliates are required to enter into an agreement with FSN Florida to offer these newly-acquired Magic games, which represent a substantial increase in the number of pro games offered on the network.

Again, the most important thing you can do is tell your cable provider that you want to see the games and recruit your friends to do the same. Call them and tell them you want the opportunity, as others have, to see the Magic games scheduled on FSN Florida this season.

Q: I want to see the Magic games on FSN Florida, but my provider doesn't offer them. Where can I see these games?

A: DIRECTV, DISH Network & Comcast in Orange & Osceola counties offer FSN Florida including the network's 35 Orlando Magic games. DIRECTV offers FSN Florida on channel 634. DISH Network offers FSN Florida on channel 423.

Some commercial establishments, such as local restaurants and sports bars, may also have access to the games via DIRECTV and/or DISH Network.

And, if you reside in the Tampa region, Verizon FiOS TV offers FSN Florida and these 35 Magic games to their customers.

Q: Do I have to pay more for FSN Florida?

A: We believe that you should not have to pay any more to receive the network, which is why we ask for the network to be carried on expanded basic cable. FSN Florida is a local network and should be available to the widest possible audience. And, if you already get 50 to 60 channels as part of your basic cable package, we feel that FSN Florida should be part of that lineup. It's hard to imagine finding more than 50 channels more important to a viewer within the Florida community than FSN Florida.

It should also be pointed out that all the cable companies in Florida who currently offer FSN Florida make it available on their expanded basic level of service.

Q: Are you going to make a deal with Bright House Networks in Central Florida to start offering FSN Florida?

A: We are ready and willing to make the network available to Bright House Networks. Unfortunately, we have not yet reached agreement with them and don't expect to anytime soon based on the latest feedback we've received.

Please know that cable companies have told us they gauge interest partially by the feedback they receive from their customers. So as a customer, you should call them and let them know your interest in receiving the network. But at this time, the network will not be carried by Bright House Networks in Central Florida.

Q: Can I get FSN Florida on satellite or from other cable companies?

A: FSN Florida has agreements in place with DIRECTV, DISH Network as well as the large majority of cable companies in Florida. These providers have recognized the value of FSN Florida and its local sports programming and have agreed to provide the channel to their customers.

http://www.sunsportstv.com/schedule_fsn_magic_qa.jsp

I just called the Orlando Magic to tell them how they have disappointed many of their fans and the lady didn't even care. She put me on hold while I was talking! Maybe it was her, but it seems like they really don't care about the fans.

quote:
Ok, so we know for sure you cannot watch games on NBA League pass on Brighthouse either correct?

Cause right now i'm willing to buy the **** thing.

If I am not mistaken, NBA League Pass might be having a free preview for the first few games of the season on BrightHouse. I believe the channels are in the 500's somewhere.

However, if NBALP is doing the free preview, the Magic vs. Bucks game SHOULD be blacked out in Orlando due to local tv restrictions. Of course, this makes no sense since we cannot see this Magic game locally anyway on any other channel because of BrightHouse.

So enjoy all the rest of the NBA games tonight . . . oh EXCEPT for the one you really want to see!

I feel like taking this to the NBA offices in New York. David Stern wants to expand the NBA globally, yet we can't even watch the team that plays in OUR CITY.

This is hands down the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. I just emailed Brighthouse (for the third time today) and said "I have one simple question...every other cable company in Florida offers FSN on their expanded basic service, why can't Brighthouse do the same?"

I am prepared for my canned, generic response.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott430:

I just emailed Brighthouse (for the third time today) and said "I have one simple question...every other cable company in Florida offers FSN on their expanded basic service, why can't Brighthouse do the same?"

I am prepared for my canned, generic response.

Even more specifically, you should ask why Brighthouse has agreements with FSN to be on basic cable in other parts of the State but can't come up with a similar agreement in Central FL.