Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

New article from the Sentinel about this situation.

quote:
A slam-dunk: Magic games belong on TV

George Diaz | COMMENTARY

November 16, 2007

I sometimes like to lean on Bruce Springsteen as my literary muse. The Boss came to mind Tuesday night, when my cable choices involved a lot of Must-Not-See TV.

That would include Animal Planet: E-Vets, Things Pets Swallow, and Augusta Gone on Lifetime (a k a the Man-hater Channel). "When docile Augusta becomes a teenager, feelings of anger and self-hate cause her personality to undergo a scary transformation," so reads the plot summary.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...nov16,0,41685.column

The comments left on the article seem to show a mass migration to Satelite from Brighthouse. I wonder how long they will let this loss of market share go on or will they just run another 50 commercials telling us about the 43 games they are showing.

Couple of things I wanted to share with you guys...

I am driving down I4 today and right there at the Fairbanks Exit I see a electronic Billboard...Carter and Nelson Play Here tonight..with a big FSN Logo and then the logos of Dish, Directv and Comcast underneath...talk about a slap in the face...that is right up there with the stupid commercials acting like we should praise brighthouse for giving us 43 games.

I unfortuantely am still a brighthouse customer (not by choice) and I need them to come out and fix my internet so I can stop "borrowing" from my neighbor. They just call me and say the technician is running late and might not be here till 7. I really felt like saying the following:

"No that is not ok, since your cheap company won't show me the Magic games I have to get to a restuarant to watch the game tonight. So not only are you not showing games, you are now preventing me from leaving my home and going to watch the game somewhere else."

Talk about Brighthouse OWNING me right now...I am embarrassed...

Thats ok, I call the Daytona Ale House to see if they have DirectTV. The guy says yes. So I ask him if they will be playing the Magic game tonight.

He puts me on hold...

"We'll be with you one minute..."

"If the game isn't on cable we don't have it."

Since i'm a total pushover I said "Oh ok thanks bye" in a joyful tone. I really wanted to ask the guy if he could add and subtract or even say his ABC's.

How do you they go from having direct tv to not having the magic game because its not on cable?

OKKKKKKK

i think we should start organizing ourselves to bring some attention to this issue and a potential resolution for everyone. Maybe we can do a peaceful protest outside of a brighthouse building or outside of the arena. Or maybe we can get a big petition going and then send it to brighthouse, the Magic organization, and our congressmen or something.

My last idea is kind of juvenile, but i'm desperate to watch the magic. Maybe we can get like fifty people to call brighthouse over and over complaining at the same time everyday and just annoy them into a solution..lol..Is anyone willing to do any of these things?? Anyone think they would even work??

I have a question. If I block FSN on my cable box will my cable provider know that? If we all block a FSN must get the viewing numbers from the cable companies. That would be better than storming the offices.

We need to do something about this issue..we as fans have the right to voice our opnions, i have only been to one magic game this year so far but from now on i will be attending the games with signs...we have got to do something.. if signs and banners hanging from the second floor start showing up at every game...blaming EVERYONE, the MAGIC, FSN, and BRIGHTHOUSE something will have to get done... i am willing ot do whatever...Brighthouse is sick of hearing me complain about UCF GAMES, NFL network, and now the Magic..but they dont care...a protest might be needed..ps..i love how the nba ticket is even blacked out for magic games...Maybe i should move to Miami so i can see the Magic games...GO MAGIC!

I was standing outside about 10 o'clock this morning (Tuesday) and saw a big blue blimp floating around.....it was an advertisement for Direct TV. I'm also seeing ads in the Sentinel everyday now for Dish and Direct TV. BrightHouse is, of course, taking a million ads on t.v. for the Magic games it shows.

We are thinking of keeping our internet connection with BH and cancelling the t.v. programming. I'm tired of listening to the radio!

I have been going to Sports Bars to watch the games. It is pretty expensive, and I get upset because nobody else in the place, here in Kissimmee, is watching the game.

I went to one in St. Cloud last night and we huddled in a corner while everyone else was watching Monday Night Football. Well, actually drinking themselves into oblivion while the TV went unwatched.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE????

It is people like that who are the reason that Brighthouse is able to get away with this stuff. Last night I didn't get to the place till the second half, and there wasn't one of 30 TVs on the Magic game. I had to have someone change the channel on one so I could watch it. And some guy kept playing hard country as loud as he could on the jukebox. IN A SPORTS BAR. The place just opened.

I told the manager that he would never see me there again. Even when I used to have to watch the games in Tallahassee there were other people in the place interested.

What is wrong with this area???

Thats ok, same thing happened here in Daytona.

I went to Houligans to watch the Magic-Nets game, and I think I had to be the only one watching it. Everybody else was too busy with their cold grease sandwhiches and beer.

I just wrote to BH that I am filing a complaint with the FCC for false advertising. The commercial that the Magic are in the house makes me very angry that my mother-in-law with Comcast in south Orlando can get the games and I can't. And she pays less then I do for basic cable.

Maybe if we work the political end we might get some results.

I am not happy with listening to the radio and not knowing what truly is happening with the game with the stories that Richie talks about duRing the game. Sometimes the crowd noise in the background tells a more vivid picture of what's happening then the announcers.

We need to get BH, FSN and the Magic to work something out instead of depriving us fans the right to see our communities TEAM.

so now we will miss the debut of our new players!!

Thank you Magic Franchise for once again screwing the fans!! The same fans that got you the arena that you've always wanted. Now your Franchise value has tripled and you sit in your seat and watch us get screwed.