Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Grant's down again!(Denton blog) Grant "will" play according to Sentinel(Schmitz blog

Let's go JJ, Lets go. Hopefully this will be his window of opportunity. Surely even Brian Hill would see that starting Dooling would mess up his rotation.

Everyone is saying JJ will start, but let's be reasonable here. Brian Hill is our coach, it took him 66 games into the year to put JJ in the rotation, do you really think he's going to start him just like that? Dooling will start, and Diener will be activated.

You might be right but it would be silly. If Brian Hill wants to use Dooling as his backup pg then it makes no sense to start him at the sg.

Can't we put Hedo in at SG and then Ariza in at SF. I think that would be better than Dooling or JJ. And if we Just start JJ who will be his backup??

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

And if we Just start JJ who will be his backup??

I'd be willing to offer my services in a 10 day contract.

Unfortunately, I can hit a jump shot, so I'd have to sit on the bench for at least 3 months before he'd play me, so that'd be a wash.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPhan732:

:Grant is hurt again", and the Magic want to sign this guy again next year???? lmao

Signing Grant again (to a low contract) is a no brainer. There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want him on their bench. If Grant could adjust himself to not starting and and getting some DNPs I think he'd be a wonderful asset.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

Can't we put Hedo in at SG and then Ariza in at SF. I think that would be better than Dooling or JJ. And if we Just start JJ who will be his backup??

I wouldn't just because there isn't a shooting guard in the league that Hedo could cover. We still have Bogans on the squad.

I dont think that we will see many changes in the way of the inactive being shuffled, I imagine that even if Grant is in need of some rest, he will still dress and maybe even play if it comes down to it. I think the not practicing and such may be more cautionary in nature, than an indication that he will go inactive. and like Emory pointed out, we still have Boguns, and he may have a chip on his shoulder.