Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Grant's down again!(Denton blog) Grant "will" play according to Sentinel(Schmitz blog

quote:
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:28 pm Post subject: GRANT HILL OUT AGAIN????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando guard Grant Hill didn't practice Tuesday and there are signs that his availability could be in jeopardy when the Magic play in Toronto on Wednesday.

Judging by Hill's movements in the past two games he is clearly still bothered by the arthritis and cyst in his surgically repaired left foot. He had just seven points Saturday against Sacramento and on Sunday against Miami it was often as if Hill wasn't even playing. He took just five shots, got to the free throw line just once and scored two points.

Hill's injured left foot is the same one that has undergone five surgeries to repair the fractured bone on the inside of his left ankle.

Though he didn't practice Tuesday, Hill was in the training room with the foot covered in icebags. Magic coach Brian Hill said giving the Grant the day off was precautionary, but considering the seven-time all-star's past you have to wonder if it's not more than that.

Hill has never played into April with the Magic since signing a seven-year free-agent deal back in 2000. He's missed 17 games this season, six of them because of lingering soreness in the foot.

Said Brian Hill: ``Grant didn't work today just to try and rest his foot. It's just something we have to live with right now. That foot has had a lot of work done on it and he needs to rest it from time to time.''

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

This is getting beyond rediculous. I guess on the positive side Redick may start. Then again since he and Jameer aren't great working together maybe he won't.

Man, I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=23013&si...4f71adec3048574fefbb

quote:
What's Up With Grant Hill?

Grant Hill did not practice Tuesday, but Magic Coach Brian Hill says Hill was just given a day off and will play Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors.

Hill, however, has not looked like himself the last couple of games.

He has not hit double-digits in scoring in two of the last five games, and had just two points in the club's big win in Miami on Sunday.

Hill has not been been healthy at this point of a playoff chase since he signed with the Magic in 2000.

If the club can give him a rest, fine.

But now's the time the Magic need Hill -- his experience and his scoring.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/03/whats_up_with_g.html

quote:
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:28 pm Post subject: GRANT HILL OUT AGAIN????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando guard Grant Hill didn't practice Tuesday and there are signs that his availability could be in jeopardy when the Magic play in Toronto on Wednesday.

Judging by Hill's movements in the past two games he is clearly still bothered by the arthritis and cyst in his surgically repaired left foot. He had just seven points Saturday against Sacramento and on Sunday against Miami it was often as if Hill wasn't even playing. He took just five shots, got to the free throw line just once and scored two points.

Hill's injured left foot is the same one that has undergone five surgeries to repair the fractured bone on the inside of his left ankle.

Though he didn't practice Tuesday, Hill was in the training room with the foot covered in icebags. Magic coach Brian Hill said giving the Grant the day off was precautionary, but considering the seven-time all-star's past you have to wonder if it's not more than that.

Hill has never played into April with the Magic since signing a seven-year free-agent deal back in 2000. He's missed 17 games this season, six of them because of lingering soreness in the foot.

Said Brian Hill: ``Grant didn't work today just to try and rest his foot. It's just something we have to live with right now. That foot has had a lot of work done on it and he needs to rest it from time to time.''

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

This is getting beyond rediculous. I guess on the positive side Redick may start. Then again since he and Jameer aren't great working together maybe he won't.

Man, I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=23013&si...4f71adec3048574fefbb

quote:
What's Up With Grant Hill?

Grant Hill did not practice Tuesday, but Magic Coach Brian Hill says Hill was just given a day off and will play Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors.

Hill, however, has not looked like himself the last couple of games.

He has not hit double-digits in scoring in two of the last five games, and had just two points in the club's big win in Miami on Sunday.

Hill has not been been healthy at this point of a playoff chase since he signed with the Magic in 2000.

If the club can give him a rest, fine.

But now's the time the Magic need Hill -- his experience and his scoring.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/03/whats_up_with_g.html

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Dooling will start b/c B.Hill doesn't have the guts to start Redick.

I'd prefer to JJ get the start, but my guess is he will let Bogans start to keep the Dooling/JJ/Ariza second group together that has played so well. Although the Raptors backcourt are mainly shooters outside of TJ Ford. JJ won't have to worry much about drives or post ups with Parker and Mo Pete.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Dooling will start b/c B.Hill doesn't have the guts to start Redick.

I'd prefer to JJ get the start, but my guess is he will let Bogans start to keep the Dooling/JJ/Ariza second group together that has played so well. Although the Raptors backcourt are mainly shooters outside of TJ Ford. JJ won't have to worry much about drives or post ups with Parker and Mo Pete.

You guys didn't notice I changed the thread topic when I found the Sentinel blog by Schmitz that said Grant "WILL" play.

I posted them both in my opening post so you can see there is a definite contradiction.

Your guess is as good as mine.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You guys didn't notice I changed the thread topic when I found the Sentinel blog by Schmitz that said Grant "WILL" play.

I posted them both in my opening post so you can see there is a definite contradiction.

Your guess is as good as mine.

As usual with Grant you could ask a Magic eight ball and get just as good an answer about his health.

Good news for Travis, he'll get to sit on the bench & not in a business suit & maybe get put in with a minute to go in the game if it's a blowout...YEAHH! umm wait a second isn't Pat Garrity on the IR also..hmm who would Brian Hill pick...hmmm, lol.

Good post, Junkie.

Give me a break!!! I NEVER want to see Grant in a Magic uni again. Just when we get some sort of set rotation, he gets hurt. This kills our rhythm (and win column). Otis needs to step in and make Grant sit out the rest of the year.

Plus, we need to find out if JJ is starter material (before this summer). If he is, then we could/should target Billups.

Well, I certainly don't want to kick a guy while he is down, but Hill has had a rough stretch of games lately anyway.

We have been conditioned over the last 6 plus seasons to get anxious when "Hill" and "injury" are mentioned together. But for once, I am not too concerned if he ends up sitting this one out.

Remember, he missed the run at the end of last season too.