Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Who is the Best/Worst Coach in the history of the NBA??

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Best - Detroit Piston's Chuck Daly - Built one hell of a team

Worst - Orlando Magic's Chuck Daly - For what they paid him, he spent more time planning tee times instead of game plans.

Bhnole, would you agree that the 10 year period between 1985 - 1995 is probably the most competitive in its history? You can make a case for the Showtime era with Magic Johnson, or the Celtics and the 76er's of the early 80's but this was, IMO the best of all times?

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

I'm shocked!!

this thread has been open for almost 2 hours and no one has mentioned Brian Hill as the worst coach (but the day is still young!! LOL)

I have to agree with Phil Jackson being one of the best and Chris Jent being among one of the worse. But to be fair to Chris, we was thrown into the role.

What's more amazing is that I would really love to say that, but it would not be an honest opinion. That is the reason I didn't go with the poll or qualifying questions.

Now do not confuse that with a vote of confidence or something along those lines..........that would be even more dishonest!!!! LOL

chosen,

I being the only dishonest person on this board had to do it to keep up with my reputation and to be consistent with the goal of FIRING BRIAN HILL!! It's my call to duty.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:
Originally posted by chosen12:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

I'm shocked!!

this thread has been open for almost 2 hours and no one has mentioned Brian Hill as the worst coach (but the day is still young!! LOL)

chosen,

I being the only dishonest person on this board had to do it to keep up with my reputation and to be consistent with the goal of FIRING BRIAN HILL!! It's my call to duty.

I won't call you dishonest, because it is a subjective question requiring a subjective answer!!! You can equate it to the infamous question, "when did you stop beating your wife?" question!!!! Slightly baited!!!!

Best: Red Auerbach

Worst: Danny Ainge/Rick Pitino

Honorable mentions:

Best: Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Lenny Wilkens, Bill Fitch

Worst: John Lucas, Magic Johnson, P.J. Carlisimo, Bill Cartwright, Kurt Rambis, Bill Fitch

quote:
Originally posted by FRED:

Best: Red Auerbach

Worst: Danny Ainge/Rick Pitino

Honorable mentions:

Best: Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Lenny Wilkens, Bill Fitch

Worst: John Lucas, Magic Johnson, P.J. Carlisimo, Bill Cartwright, Kurt Rambis, Bill Fitch

I loved Red, what I have heard of him, but I also tip my hat to Lou Holz aw well

Sorry, I said Lou Holz....I ment to say, Red Holzman the 1967 NYK coach!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

wheres knappy?

Go to www.firebrianhill.org by The Solution thread and read Knappy's last post.

For all that it is worth, I can't get it to open, what was the readers digest version of Kappy's post??

Best- Pat Riley: Has conformed his coaching abilites to every team he has been on. Ran showtime with the Lakers, basically ruined the NBA with his slow it down, physical, defensive-oriented teams with the Knicks and Heat, got Ron Jeremy to spend more time with his family and then somehow got Shaq to defer to DWade so the Heat could win a championship.

Worst- Rick Pitino. There are alot of college flameouts to choose from but Pitino may have had the most expectations and was the biggest disaster.

Best - Phil Jackson: has been a winner in every team he has coached, including during his "rookie" years when he coached in Puerto Rico.

Worst - Jerry Sloan: has been recycling the same playbook for 75 years and still has not won a championship (and probably never will...).

Honorable Mention for the "Worsest" - Brian Hill: you all know the reasons.

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

Best - Phil Jackson: has been a winner in every team he has coached, including during his "rookie" years when he coached in Puerto Rico.

Worst - Jerry Sloan: has been recycling the same playbook for 75 years and still has not won a championship (and probably never will...).

Honorable Mention for the "Worsest" - Brian Hill: you all know the reasons.

Are you being kind giving BHill an Honorable mention, he says he has been coacing for 30+ years, and we know he hasn't changed a thing???