Sign in to follow this  
Big

Hire Billy Donovan, Please!!!

Why not hire the best young coach in the country? He has more basketball coaching knowledge in his pinkie finger than Hill could ever hope to obtain! The area where Billy is most dominant over Hill is CHARISMA!!! I'm tired of seeing Napoleon's constipated expression of bewilderment, aren't you?

Why not hire the best young coach in the country? He has more basketball coaching knowledge in his pinkie finger than Hill could ever hope to obtain! The area where Billy is most dominant over Hill is CHARISMA!!! I'm tired of seeing Napoleon's constipated expression of bewilderment, aren't you?

I know the coaching lineage goes back to Jim Boehiem and that Billy probably wouldn't leave the Gators but I think he would be a refreshing change from Nappy Hill. You can bet your @$$ he'd put 3 point shooters on the floor when a zone defense is deployed!

its disgusting to see fans who turn their back on the coach who led this team to the nba finals a few years back. why don't you all just retire as magic fans and go watch the knicks like penny did. in case you idiots don't know, its the coach's job to make the plays. he can't be out there for dwight or jameer in crunch time and scoring all the points for them. it's the players job to coach and the players job to play.

quote:
Originally posted by asia#1:

its disgusting to see fans who turn their back on the coach who led this team to the nba finals a few years back. why don't you all just retire as magic fans and go watch the knicks like penny did. in case you idiots don't know, its the coach's job to make the plays. he can't be out there for dwight or jameer in crunch time and scoring all the points for them. it's the players job to coach and the players job to play.

I would argue B. Hill rode the Magic to the Finals and watched them get swept. Then watched them get swept the following season by the Bulls. Swept!!!

You're right, players play. And even the most talented players can't coach themselves.

but he still led us to the finals. how many coaches in magic history have done that? only one and his name is brian hill. and by the way, he had a young, inexperienced team that was facing the more experienced, defending champ, houston rockets.

asia, you have no clue what's going on. Perhaps you're just too young to remember the playoff history of the Magic under this coach. It wasn't just Penny who was unhappy with Hill, but so was Shaq and other players as well.

I thought it was only 2, for some reason I thought we had won a game a against the Bulls in '96 but checking.. and we were swept!

So that would make it THREE STRAIGHT YEARS!!

Has that even happened before? A team that got swept 3 straight years, under the same coach, and after being the most dominant during the regular season??

Sorry but I just hate it when someone comes in here saying Brian Hill is a good coach, just because the most dominant team in the league in the mid 90's was able to get to the finals, once.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Billy D. is Rick Petino revisited. Same style of coach, same style of play. If Billy were smart, he'd stay in college forever.

1 million percent agree. Billy is a Petino understudy for cryin out loud. I love what he is doing with the Gators but I don't believe any college coach should go to the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by asia#1:

Well, we "idiots" clearly dont know much.

I was always under the impression that calling plays was only one very small portion of a coaches job. I thought he also has to make substitutions, form game plans, exploit mismatches on offense, prevent and adjust to mismatches on defense, develop his younger talent, find ways to utilize his team's talents the most effectively, and make adjustments to team strategems when necessary.

And I can't speak for everyone on the board, but THIS idiot thought that you were supposed to capitalize the first word of every sentence.