Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Ummm-Greatest TV Idea Ever??

What are you gonna do bruther....when the largest arms in the world, and hulkamania run wild on.....

.....American Gladiators!!

I would gladly see this on PPV, or spend hard earned money, which usually goes to Brighthouse, to see this in person.

Hey man, don't knock Brighthouse, they just added Food Network in HD.

On a side note, and I don't mean to thread hi-jack, but does anybody have the new HD DVR Box from Brighthouse? I just got it. It's totally different.

And onto the current subject at hand, Hulk + AG = Entertainment Orgasm's. This is a great idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

On a side note, and I don't mean to thread hi-jack, but does anybody have the new HD DVR Box from Brighthouse? I just got it. It's totally different.

I have the HD DVR box, but it is the same one I've had for the last year. I have issues with and need to get it replaced.

What's different about the new one?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I have the HD DVR box, but it is the same one I've had for the last year. I have issues with and need to get it replaced.

What's different about the new one?

The menu and guide are completely different. Theres also a little lag when using the guide. Also instead of having the search option, the tv shows are mostly preset already which makes it kind of easier to find them. Also the demand channels are lumped together in the menu screen. You know how the left tab would have the sort feature, where you could find everything HD, everything interactive, this and that. Well this time the demand channels are all in one group, same goes for HD. It's kinda hard to explain.

The bad thing is that sometimes the HD channels work and sometimes they don't. I just got the box last night, and TBSHD works, yet for some reason ESPN 1 and 2 HD didn't. Neither did ABCHD (I recorded Cavemen). It's weird too, because the screen is black, but I can hear the sound. Also I see the picture for a split second before it goes black. But FoodHD, TBSHD and some others worked with no problem.

I called Brighthouse and talked to a very nice girl, and she told me that all employees have had these boxes for awhile, and there are still some kinks. I got a guy coming today to figure out the problem, and i'll post more later about it.

All in all, the concept is good, but the execution of the new box isn't all that great YET. I like where there going though, and the new interface.

Also FoodHD, and HGTVHD are new HD channels. They also have 2 other Hd channels as well.

Good news about the new channels.

Some of the problems you mention sound similar to problems I've had with my older one.

The lag, the "black" screen, etc.

Sounds like I might be better off waiting until the kinks are worked out.