Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Lets Talk Iran

See, I've been watching the news more and more this year and theres one thing I've figured out about Iran's leader.....he is some crazy lunatic, most of Iran hates Americans, they want the West to be like them, most of them think their way is the right way, the leader has hatred for homosexuals, the leader clandestinely funds nuclear devices, projects, and even terrorism.

My mom freaked me dashing up to me saying that we were going to war with Iran. I took it literally. She meant that we are destined to go to war with them.

If I am incorrect about the above, I'm sorry but thats what I'm hearing and we know that everything from the media ain't necessarily true. Hope it doesn't go down like this.

Your thoughts?

See, I've been watching the news more and more this year and theres one thing I've figured out about Iran's leader.....he is some crazy lunatic, most of Iran hates Americans, they want the West to be like them, most of them think their way is the right way, the leader has hatred for homosexuals, the leader clandestinely funds nuclear devices, projects, and even terrorism.

My mom freaked me dashing up to me saying that we were going to war with Iran. I took it literally. She meant that we are destined to go to war with them.

If I am incorrect about the above, I'm sorry but thats what I'm hearing and we know that everything from the media ain't necessarily true. Hope it doesn't go down like this.

Your thoughts?

You aren't very far from the truth. Iran has a leader who believes the Holocaust "needs to be investigated" to see if there is any truth to the accusations, wants Israel wiped off the map completely, and claims there are no gays in Iran.

We are watching the Hitler of our time, and his lust for nuclear capabilities mean uneasiness for the rest of civilized society.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
they are some crazy motherfudgers, they hate Americans, they want us to be like them, they think their way is right, they hate gay people, they love nuclear weapons

They?

They? Woops, I'll have to rephrase that. Sorry if I offended anyone. The Leader

The reason I say that is because the youth of that country overwhelmingly love US culture. Just the same as if someone would say, "I heard President Bush speak... All of those Americans can't speak in coherent sentences."

...Obviously, that is not true.

I know theres someone that loves American culture in wide regions and cultures throughout the world, even Iran and Iraq. Don't get me wrong. This is what type of statements I hear from the media and that all what the media says is not literally exact and true. Thats one of the reasons why I edited this thread.

The president of Iran has no power in Iran. He is just a figurehead. The Khomenii is the true power broker in Iran. The president can be as crazy as he wants to be as ours is, it doesn't mean a darn thing. As WP said the youth of Iran is very western thinking and 75% of Iranians are under 30 years old.

If you are concerned about Iran's nuclear capability then you should find Scott Ritter's latest speach on this subject. Scott was a marine and later a inspector for nuclear weapons for the UN. He reports that Iran is atleast 7-10 years from developing enough enriched uranium to make a viable weapon and then they need a way to deliver it. You could say that about any third world nation, they are all 7-10 years away from having THE bomb.

Don't believe the hype. It's just a way of getting the american people all worked up to go to war with Iran. Just the way the media hyped up Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. LIES LIES LIES.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

The president of Iran has no power in Iran. He is just a figurehead. The Khomenii is the true power broker in Iran. The president can be as crazy as he wants to be as ours is, it doesn't mean a darn thing. As WP said the youth of Iran is very western thinking and 75% of Iranians are under 30 years old.

If you are concerned about Iran's nuclear capability then you should find Scott Ritter's latest speach on this subject. Scott was a marine and later a inspector for nuclear weapons for the UN. He reports that Iran is atleast 7-10 years from developing enough enriched uranium to make a viable weapon and then they need a way to deliver it. You could say that about any third world nation, they are all 7-10 years away from having THE bomb.

Don't believe the hype. It's just a way of getting the american people all worked up to go to war with Iran. Just the way the media hyped up Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. LIES LIES LIES.

Also, 90% of the fighting in Iraq right now is because of non- Iraqi combatants attacking our troops, many, MANY of which are being funded by the Iranian government or indirectly being supported by the Iranian government. Many of the enemy combatants in Iraq are Iranian or of terrorist groups whose bases lie within Iranian borders.

Forget the nuclear capabilities, this is enough of a reason to go to war with Iran if proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true.

And this would be the first I've heard of the media hyping anything Bush wanted to do. I would challenge you to find me an article in the New York Times (the newspaper of record) asking or urging the president to go to war.

If you can find me an editorial by Maureen Dowd or Paul Krugman supporting Bush then I will be even more impressed.