Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Anyone who thinks Jameer can change is DEAD WRONG

quote:

Magic point guard Jameer Nelson didn't take too kindly to TNT color analyst Doug Collins recently criticizing his play at point guard. Collins inferred that Nelson didn't fit in Orlando's offense because often he is a shoot-first, pass-second point guard.

Said Nelson: "I am what I am. You are going to have all kinds of guys out there saying things about you. One guy loves you and one guy hates you. That's why they pay me to do what I do. Obviously, Orlando loves what I do or I wouldn't be here. (Collins) is a great guy and I respect his opinion, but let me do the basketball playing."

While this was previously posted in another thread, I believe this deserves another look.

I know there has been a lot of argument over point guards in this forum. It's apparent that the PG position is in trouble, or else we wouldn't be talking about it so much.

Anyhow, this quote from Jameer just kills me, but it also proves that anyone who thinks Jameer can "grow" his game or "learn" to distribute the ball is dead wrong.

He obviously does NOT believe he needs to change his game:

quote:
Said Nelson: "I am what I am.

He has his head in the clouds:

quote:
That's why they pay me to do what I do. Obviously, Orlando loves what I do or I wouldn't be here.

And he has no respect for someone who definitely understands the NBA game better:

quote:
(Collins) is a great guy and I respect his opinion, but let me do the basketball playing."

Jameer, you DON'T respect his opinion or you wouldn't be telling him to "let me do the basketball playing".

Jameer, Orlando does NOT love you.

Jameer, you NEED to change your game or you're going to find your *** on a bench - and not the Orlando Magic's bench.

I'm so disappointed in Jameer.

My opinion is that this is all primarily the result of being named team captain on his FIRST year of being a starting PG. He let it get to his head. He thinks he's better than he is.

All that chip-on-my-shoulder attitude is gone and isn't going to return... it's one thing to be Gilbert Arena and start scoring 50 points every other game and ditch the chip-on-my-shoulder attitude, but Jameer? Jameer is a lost cause...

quote:

Magic point guard Jameer Nelson didn't take too kindly to TNT color analyst Doug Collins recently criticizing his play at point guard. Collins inferred that Nelson didn't fit in Orlando's offense because often he is a shoot-first, pass-second point guard.

Said Nelson: "I am what I am. You are going to have all kinds of guys out there saying things about you. One guy loves you and one guy hates you. That's why they pay me to do what I do. Obviously, Orlando loves what I do or I wouldn't be here. (Collins) is a great guy and I respect his opinion, but let me do the basketball playing."

While this was previously posted in another thread, I believe this deserves another look.

I know there has been a lot of argument over point guards in this forum. It's apparent that the PG position is in trouble, or else we wouldn't be talking about it so much.

Anyhow, this quote from Jameer just kills me, but it also proves that anyone who thinks Jameer can "grow" his game or "learn" to distribute the ball is dead wrong.

He obviously does NOT believe he needs to change his game:

quote:
Said Nelson: "I am what I am.

He has his head in the clouds:

quote:
That's why they pay me to do what I do. Obviously, Orlando loves what I do or I wouldn't be here.

And he has no respect for someone who definitely understands the NBA game better:

quote:
(Collins) is a great guy and I respect his opinion, but let me do the basketball playing."

Jameer, you DON'T respect his opinion or you wouldn't be telling him to "let me do the basketball playing".

Jameer, Orlando does NOT love you.

Jameer, you NEED to change your game or you're going to find your *** on a bench - and not the Orlando Magic's bench.

I'm so disappointed in Jameer.

My opinion is that this is all primarily the result of being named team captain on his FIRST year of being a starting PG. He let it get to his head. He thinks he's better than he is.

All that chip-on-my-shoulder attitude is gone and isn't going to return... it's one thing to be Gilbert Arena and start scoring 50 points every other game and ditch the chip-on-my-shoulder attitude, but Jameer? Jameer is a lost cause...

The reason jameer is under performing is because he isn't playing his game.. i still love jameer and i don't want him to leave. you guys forgot what he has done, he has hit many game winners and has scored so many points for this team when they needed it most. he is under performing because he is trying to change his game and is still working on it. sure there are a few problems right now but i believe it will be resolved soon and we will see the old jameer that every one fell in love with.

and you can't speak for orlando on who loves who so don't

I posted on these quotes in the earlier thread and after reading it again I am still surprised that Jameer actually said that. I'll say it again, Jameer needs to take a step back this offseason and reevaluate his game because this seasn was a big disappointment for him and the team.

I wonder if Jameer believes that he is starting point guard material or if his statements only reflect that he believes in his game regardless of his role on the court.

If the Magic get a distributing PG to play in front of Jameer, I do believe Jameer has all the talent needed to be an important role player off the bench.

I no longer believe Jameer has the defensive skills to be a starter in the NBA, though. He gets abused game in, game out.

jameer can score (nba level), period. He simply cannot pass in a timely, sudden way when Dwight or Darko is open and he chronically fails to see or properly evaluate other perimeter players and when they should get the ball.

add this, he is a serious defensive liability.

we need a serious, nba point guard more than anything else.

Jameer is too much of a liabilty on defense to be a starter in this league I'm afraid. Look at the difference when Dooling comes in and locks down his man.

jameer can change, but i don't think it's fair to expect him to willingly change his game... I think it's the coach's job to tell him to change things and teach him what to do....

he's becoming much more arrogant tho.. i wouldn't mind seeing him somewhere else..

jameer can change his game on offense and become a better team player he's still young.But i'm afraid his game is limitited because he's small and cannot deffend any pg in the nba.He either gets posted up by the bigger guards in the league,or when he tries driving to the hoop he gets blocked by the big men and its happened alot lately.All he is is a streaky sg in a pg body,and is better suited as a back up guard who will score a bunch of points for you.Right now there aren't many option in free agency,because the magic can't afford someone like Billups who's a max player in his prime.S.Blake,Mo Williams are option,or how about going after Calderon from raptors who imo is a great option.

I heard Jameer once met Chuck Norris.....Chuck came out crying after Jameer told him..."I respect your opinion, but let me do the basketball playing."