Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

Vote-What Happens to Bonds 756 ball

I am sure most of you have heard that Marc Ecko has bought the baseball and is giving people the oppurtunity to vote for what happens to it. I know there are only a handful of people who like baseball on the board like me but this is part of sports history so it is pretty cool.

I voted to send it to the hall of fame and in case you have not voted the link is below...

Bonds Ball Vote

I am sure most of you have heard that Marc Ecko has bought the baseball and is giving people the oppurtunity to vote for what happens to it. I know there are only a handful of people who like baseball on the board like me but this is part of sports history so it is pretty cool.

I voted to send it to the hall of fame and in case you have not voted the link is below...

Bonds Ball Vote

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7235950?MSNHPHMA

A little story about it...I think it is funny....and a slap in bond's face....Man how I wish I had the money to play around like that...

quote:
The fate of Barry Bonds' record-breaking home run ball is now in the public's hands after its buyer announced Monday he was taking votes on whether to give the ball to the Hall of Fame, brand it with an asterisk or blast it into space.

Fashion designer Marc Ecko revealed himself as Saturday's winning bidder in the online auction for the ball that Bonds hit last month to break Hank Aaron's record of 755 home runs. The final selling price for No. 756 was $752,467, well above most predictions.

What does Bonds think of all this? "He's stupid. He's an idiot. He spent $750,000 on the ball and that's what he's doing with it? What he's doing is stupid," Bonds told the San Francisco Chronicle.

I loved that Bonds seemed pissed with what he was doing with it. Guess he should have bought it himself!

I voted to Brand it.

banner2.gif

I voted to brand it, then give it to the Hall Of Fame.

I actually think he should put asterisks all over it so they can't remark it at the Hall. That would be hilarious.

Bonds can go fornicate himself with an iron rod for all I care. Obviously money means nothing to Marc Ecko so he can spend it on whatever he wants. Its only stupid because Barry doesn't like what he is doing with it.

You guys are no fun. I would love to see someone spend hundreds of thousands of $$$ (maybe even millions) to put that ball into orbit.

How much would it cost to put the ball into space (not including the ball itself).

Baseball Barry Bonds hit for home run No. 756 to be branded with an asterisk

quote:
The ball Barry Bonds hit for his record-breaking 756th home run will be branded with an asterisk and sent to the Baseball Hall of Fame, its owner said Wednesday.

Fashion designer Marc Ecko, who bought the ball in an online auction, set up a Web site for fans to vote on the ball's fate, and the decision to brand it won out over the other options, sending it to the museum unblemished or launching it into space.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-756ball&prov=ap&type=lgns

I hope I am doing this right.....I don't want to suffer the wrath of the mods....lol...

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

People are asses he shoiuld have just sent it o the hall of fame no reason to defrom the ball.

Except for the fact that 3/4 of all baseball fans feel that he used steroids. Doesn't matter if he was convicted or not, it's the fact that people viewed him underneath that light.