LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I'm actually okay with Harris and Harkless as our 3's but it also helps that Harris can play the 4.

I keep seeing us drafting either Parker or Wiggins along with McDermott so I'd be okay with any 2 of those 3 in the 1st rd. I saw another mock with us getting Wiggins and Cauley-Stein. I just have this gut feeling we're going to draft somewhere between 3-6. I think the league will do its heat to give the Celtics the first pick of the draft though

or the lakers

Anyone from UF we should be paying attention to? Seeing how they're a top team and a stone's throw away from us.

I bleed orange and blue, but no one on UF is worth the current draft picks we are carrying. Not saying I wouldn't want any of them. Wilbekin, Young or Prather would all make excellent off the bench players and fit in with the length and athleticism that Hennigan seems to like building a team around. But none of them are what I would consider spending anymore then a late first round or early to mid second round pick on.

Doesn't walker have the most potential on UF?

Yes, however I honestly see him staying one more year to improve his draft stock. He hardly is cracking the lineup at all right now due to so much missed time, and lets be honest, with how well the Gators are playing it would be a mistake to disrupt chemistry based on potential alone. However next year with both Young and Yeguette gone he will have the starting 4 position easily. Get a whole year two showcase your skills and then go into a much lower talent filled draft.

Not saying there is no chance he will leave early, however unless some team comes out and tells him they will draft him in the mid first round, I see him instead staying.

Yes, however I honestly see him staying one more year to improve his draft stock. He hardly is cracking the lineup at all right now due to so much missed time, and lets be honest, with how well the Gators are playing it would be a mistake to disrupt chemistry based on potential alone. However next year with both Young and Yeguette gone he will have the starting 4 position easily. Get a whole year two showcase your skills and then go into a much lower talent filled draft.

Not saying there is no chance he will leave early, however unless some team comes out and tells him they will draft him in the mid first round, I see him instead staying.

Right. I'm just talking about in general. Doesn't hurt to watch a guy early.

I'd be surprised if Walker sticks around. From what I've seen and heard of him he doesn't seem like the type who cares too much about education and just wants to get to the NBA ASAP. He's such an athletic guy that someone will take a flyer on him in the 1st this year.

Totally agree he will probably come out based on his personality, but it will be terrible for him. Dude is not ready for the NBA. You're probably right that someone will take him in the first based on his athleticism alone, however.

Random thoughts:

I really hope Harris now develops more and more with Baby out of the way. Given what I've seen of Parker, I honestly believe Harris has a similar level of talent. Harris is a better defender, while Parker is probably better at attacking the rim with his greater length (eye test). Meanwhile, as this year goes on, I increasingly want Wiggins to be our guy and develop into a TMac-type player down the road. His athleticism and potential next to Victor would be sick.

Random thoughts:

I really hope Harris now develops more and more with Baby out of the way. Given what I've seen of Parker, I honestly believe Harris has a similar level of talent. Harris is a better defender, while Parker is probably better at attacking the rim with his greater length (eye test). Meanwhile, as this year goes on, I increasingly want Wiggins to be our guy and develop into a TMac-type player down the road. His athleticism and potential next to Victor would be sick.

Yeah, Wiggins and Embiid are my top choices.

Dario Saric is only 50/50 to enter the NBA draft this year, acccording to a series of tweets from Jonathan Givony of Draft Express. Givony reports that there is a lot of confusion surrounding the Croatian small forward slated at number 9 in Chad Ford of ESPN‘s latest mock draft [subscription only].

A combination of factors are leading Givony to cast doubt on Saric’s draft entry. First, Saric doesn’t feel he’s ready for the NBA. He also isn’t happy with his draft projection and has reportedly fired agents in both Croatia and the US. Finally, the Barcelona GM was spotted at one of Saric’s recent games, fueling speculation that the international team will try and sign him to stay overseas this summer.

Saric would be old enough to join an NBA team immediately if drafted, but it remains a possibility that he could be drafted and play one or two years overseas while the NBA club that drafted him maintained his rights. It’s also possible that he could skip the draft altogether and enter for the first time when he feels more comfortable with his game and his draft stock. The 6’10″ scorer/rebounder has produced well this year, and has ball-handling skills unique for a player his size.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/