LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Good article. I think Pelton has it right. One of the reasons why I hope the rumors of our offer to the Cavs is not true.

For sure....to much to give up, imo.

From Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel: "Jameer Nelson should draw interest from teams that are looking to shed salary with the 2014 free agency period looming. Nelson is in the final season of a three-year contract, but only $2 million of his $8 million salary for the 2014-15 season is guaranteed. ... The Chicago Bulls would be a prime candidate for Nelson, because the Bulls want to make a splash in free agency. The Bulls own the 16th, 19th and 49th picks in Thursday’s NBA Draft."

Would you....?

Dan Gilbert wanted to draft Oladipo last year, but the coach and GM convinced him to accept Bennett. If Cavs asked about Vic, it's them trying to undo a mistake.

I won't be shocking if Cavs get so confused on what to do that they revert back to their original plan and go Embiid #1.

• Upvote 2

There are rumors and rumblings that Orlando is desperately trying to move up in tonight’s NBA draft and acquire Cleveland’s No. 1 pick so the Magic can draft Andrew Wiggins. Hopefully, Magic general manager Rob Hennigan is offering everything he can possibly offer to draft a potential superstar such as Wiggins or Jabari Parker.

The Magic have purportedly offered the fourth pick, the 12th pick and Arron Afflalo to the Cavs for the No. 1 pick. Likewise, they have purportedly offered the same deal to the Milwaukee Bucks for the No. 2 pick.

Dude's got balls, putting Wiggins and Vonleh that low. That being said, I agree with just about everything he wrote.

This just makes me want Smart in Orlando so bad. The guy just looks like a star to me when I watch him. I think he's a guaranteed 15-5-5 guy his rookie year, with nasty defense from the get-go; and I could see him turning into a 20-6-6 guy easily in two to three years with even a little improvement on his outside shot. I'm starting to desperately want Orlando to move into the 6-9 spot with AA to try and get Randle, as well. To me, that gives Orlando a go-to scorer in Randle, and an absolutely nasty defensive perimeter. Smart/Oladipo/Harkless/Randle/Vucevic, with Nelson/Harris/O'Quinn off the bench; that would be one fun team to watch. Great perimeter defense and guys who run the floor well to score on the break; a bulldozer like Randle and a skilled big like Vucevic to score in the half-court. The only problem with that lineup is the lack of outside shooting, which Memphis has shown you can win without. Also, if Orlando keeps the 12 and still somehow manages to get Randle, there are some very good shooters at the SF they could draft there, like McDurmott/Hood/Young.

• Upvote 1

@chadfordinsider: Sources: Cavs were calling around offering teams Orlando's picks at 4 & 12 for players last night. Interesting

The electricity is in the air, I am so excited for tonight!

Dude's got balls, putting Wiggins and Vonleh that low. That being said, I agree with just about everything he wrote.

This just makes me want Smart in Orlando so bad. The guy just looks like a star to me when I watch him. I think he's a guaranteed 15-5-5 guy his rookie year, with nasty defense from the get-go; and I could see him turning into a 20-6-6 guy easily in two to three years with even a little improvement on his outside shot. I'm starting to desperately want Orlando to move into the 6-9 spot with AA to try and get Randle, as well. To me, that gives Orlando a go-to scorer in Randle, and an absolutely nasty defensive perimeter. Smart/Oladipo/Harkless/Randle/Vucevic, with Nelson/Harris/O'Quinn off the bench; that would be one fun team to watch. Great perimeter defense and guys who run the floor well to score on the break; a bulldozer like Randle and a skilled big like Vucevic to score in the half-court. The only problem with that lineup is the lack of outside shooting, which Memphis has shown you can win without. Also, if Orlando keeps the 12 and still somehow manages to get Randle, there are some very good shooters at the SF they could draft there, like McDurmott/Hood/Young.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis about Smart being a star, I had the same feeling about Avery Bradley and Damian Lillard before they got drafted. Both are starters in this league, I KNOW smart will at least be an Avery Bradley if not Lillard.....TELLING you........